[3.1] [Blade flurry] 1 Ex budget frost blades / Blade flurry build, all content viable

"
Channi wrote:
Wow thanks so much for the calculations! I figured that I could just run a double onigoroshi setup on the switch and put a CWDT setup in my chest instead so I wouldn't need a 6L. If thats the case, I'd probably just buy a shaped chest and switch weapons for ST and mobbing :D Thanks so much for the calculations! I'm also planning to use a Taste of hate so it'll also help mitigate more damage.

Do note that for the LC+Abyssus setup to surpass the normal setup in terms of EHP, you will need run a blasphemy enfeeble setup. if enfeeble isn't applied (hexproof map mod, immune to curses enemy mod), your EHP will be significantly lower than the normal setup. in that case, you really need to have taste of hate up 100% of the time to have a slightly higher EHP value than a normal setup.

if you're going for a shaped chest setup with a high life roll and 15% damage taken shift, your survivability will be worse compared to the normal setup, even with the taste of hate up
Last edited by anton2k4 on Jan 23, 2018, 12:11:16 AM
"
anton2k4 wrote:
pretty much done with the build i guess. i hit level 90 and i haven't had any problems with mapping and bossing. all that's left is to min-max my gear (steel rings with life and WED for damage and better evasion-based gear to increased char eva) and get all my gems to 20/20 and hope for good corruption results. this is my first char in the league so i pretty much started from scratch

current gear:
"

POB pastebin link: https://pastebin.com/5saffRD8

jewels play a big role in my dps as my 4 jewels acoount for about 240k in my dps

at full buffs, POB dps puts me at 1.13m for blade flurry, wildstrike hit is 515k, elemental explosions from wildstrike is at 146k. with vaal grace up, i'm at 74% dodge, 71% spell dodge (thanks to oskarm). i went with a defensive 4l CWDT setup instead of an offensive ancestral protector since i felt that DPS was already sufficient. i wanted to balance out the huge amount of DPS with enough survivability as well so i went with a CWDT>IC>ball lightning>blind setup. in case anyone was wondering, with ancestral protector, fully buffed blade flurry damage was at 1.36m.

I'm currently running a build drawing inspiration from this and the OP of the thread. Have you thought about using daresso defiance for some more damage mitigation. And also would ball lightning + blind + cwdt be better or enfeeble + cdwt and maybe roll some blind on jewels?

Also how do you get those crazy dps on POB, im only seeing about 150k on my build
"
A0Spades wrote:

I'm currently running a build drawing inspiration from this and the OP of the thread. Have you thought about using daresso defiance for some more damage mitigation. And also would ball lightning + blind + cwdt be better or enfeeble + cdwt and maybe roll some blind on jewels?

Also how do you get those crazy dps on POB, im only seeing about 150k on my build

I would love to run daresso's defiance but it would mean that i lose quite a bit of health and fall short of my int requirements. running enfeeble on your CWDT will only work if you have a +1 curse mod on your amulet since the COH blasphemy from the oskarm will overwrite the enfeeble curse. the ball lightning attack hits several times a second so the 10% chance to blind from the blind gem is enough to blind enemies.

as for the crazy dps, it's a matter of several things: you forgot to put on the buffs in the config page. with 3 power charges (courtesy of COH assassin's mark), 3 frenzies (blood rage) crit recently (pretty easy to do), killed recently (again pretty easy to do, or in the case of a boss, pop writhing jar for the worms), and in her embrace buff up (again, as long as you crit, it's up), you're effective DPS is at 485k for BF and 201k for wild strike. get an experimenter's diamond flask of warding and a lion's roar to complete your offensive flask setup.

the rest, it's all about getting crit multi, flat phys, elemental damage with attacks on gear. for example (using buffed bladeflurry damage), if i replace my ammy and go for a purely defensive amulet like yours, i lose 171k dps. if i remove my attack ring (iron ring), i lose another 242k. however, if i replace my defensive ring (unset ring), i only lose 43k dps.

in my gear, each point in my %increased elemental damage with attacks corresponds to 1.8k dps. each point in flat phys is worth 3k dps, each global crit multi point is worth 2.7k, so it all adds up.

I was finally able to hit 91 just a while ago (leveling is a bitch when you can't get map drops. been running tier 8-10 maps for the past 3 levels because my RNG sucks bad) and i finally bought lion's roar (i honestly forgot about this one). currently, my BF damage at full buffs is at 1.31m without charges (assuming charges drops before boss fight), and 1.65m with frenzy and power charges. meanwhile wildstrike DPS is at 718k (both frenzy and power charges are always up due to how many mobs you kill when clearing). once i manage to get my gems to 20/20, which would take me to level 92, POB puts my BF buffed damage at 1.71m while wild strike initial hit and elemental projectiles will be at 765k and 177. respectively.

here is a video of me clearing Oba's Trove which has pretty tanky mobs due to the high mob level (monster level 79-84 which corresponds to tier 12 to shaper map) and the 45% more life mod. this should give you an idea of how it will clear red maps. yes, i know i nearly got one-shot but that was a rare giant skeleton beast with powerful crits mod which actually managed to crit me. (like i said, my RNG sucks big time) thank god for the 6k life pool.

https://youtu.be/ISNWcfM8RXA?t=20s

current char pastebin code: https://pastebin.com/hvurykww
Last edited by anton2k4 on Jan 23, 2018, 1:52:39 PM
https://pastebin.com/sJkPLDWb could someone help me with my current character at level 78? feels like my damage is abit too low, especially on blade flurry.

(first time linking a character from PoB, might be messed up idk).
Last edited by 7neoxis1337 on Jan 24, 2018, 2:40:00 AM
sorry for noob question but could you look at my character and let me know whats wrong? I mean im lower level right now but feel damage is very low. I have 2 six link (oni and tabula) but damage seems super low :(
I am having some trouble with this build. It seems like my life regenerates really slow and I can't figure out why. I am at 380% regen rate so I don't think it is that. My damage seems decent until I hit a rare and then it does take a little time to kill it so maybe my damage is just to low? Below is the gear I am using and I followed the passive tree in OPs post. Something just doesn't seem right because I am dieing consistently in Tier 10 maps.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
how do u sustain mana?
"
jeasung345 wrote:
how do u sustain mana?

in the build he takes mana leech node......
Hi everyone!

I've just started this build and currently I'm around level 40s. I have some questions regarding this build.

1. What alternative can we use instead of Blood Magic. I think in some situations using it might be dangerous especially if you're using whirling blades.

2. What improvements or alternatives can we do with this build?

3. What nodes are the best for jewels?

4. Can this build do maps mods with reflect, leech etc.?

Thanks in advance!
"
swllyra wrote:
Hi everyone!

I've just started this build and currently I'm around level 40s. I have some questions regarding this build.

1. What alternative can we use instead of Blood Magic. I think in some situations using it might be dangerous especially if you're using whirling blades.

2. What improvements or alternatives can we do with this build?

3. What nodes are the best for jewels?

4. Can this build do maps mods with reflect, leech etc.?

Thanks in advance!

1. From my experience leveling this build (I'm now 87), you shouldn't have any trouble using Blood Magic.

2. Read through this whole thread, plenty of people altering it and making it much better and stronger. I use Oskarm+HOA+Hatred along with a Lightning Coil and 2 Oni's. Also switched out Frost Blades for Wildstrike. Wildstrike hits much harder but uses a lot more mana so you can't really spam it as much. However Wildstrike 1 shots most mobs for me so that's not really an issue.

3. Any node closest to your main stats is good to use.

4. No.
Last edited by Shewsbeef on Jan 27, 2018, 8:34:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info