[3.1] [Blade flurry] 1 Ex budget frost blades / Blade flurry build, all content viable

This build is viable for 3.2?, any variation for weapons? ty.
"
pauloszt wrote:

i am wondering that too
"
talat10gu wrote:
"
pauloszt wrote:

i am wondering that too

i think for sure it will be viable as slayer is almost the same as in 3.1 and there hasnt been any skill balance. The only thing im thinking about is the price of the Oni-goroshi as i quote the patch notes: "Oni-Goroshi's drop chance has been adjusted. And by 'adjusted', we mean lowered. A lot."
Hi all!
First of all thanks for that build, I am really enjoying the playstyle!

Leveling was awesome, you dont even need anything beside oni and a tabula rasa until lvl 40 lol. i capped res after a day t1-t5 farming xD Atm I am burning through maps, faster than any cyclone build before.

Spend around 3ex, but they are very cheap atm. The hardest part was to get to a certain hp pool. I dont think more than 6k is realistic, and really hoping that it is enough for shaper and so on.

I still need a Lions Roar and gems are not 20/q20. Has anyone already done shaper, or can give some details on endgame survivability?

mj
Last edited by Sylky on Mar 10, 2018, 1:42:41 PM
"
Hi all!
First of all thanks for that build, I am really enjoying the playstyle!

Leveling was awesome, you dont even need anything beside oni and a tabula rasa until lvl 40 lol. i capped res after a day t1-t5 farming xD Atm I am burning through maps, faster than any cyclone build before.

Spend around 3ex, but they are very cheap atm. The hardest part was to get to a certain hp pool. I dont think more than 6k is realistic, and really hoping that it is enough for shaper and so on.

I still need a Lions Roar and gems are not 20/q20. Has anyone already done shaper, or can give some details on endgame survivability?

mj

did shaper deathless with roughly 6.1k life if i recall correctly. the key in shaper fights in knowing the mechanics. phase 3 would be considered the most dangerous but thanks to the slayer cull, that phase is cut down in length by 40%. just make sure to properly place the vortex balls at the edges of the arena, preferably stacking them together, avoid the shaper slam, and the kamehameha. whirling blades will be your best friend. also, make sure that the ancestral totem is up as often as possible. its dps might pale in comparison to your BF but the 20% more attack speed is a godsend for both whirling blades and BF, especially since you want to reach 6 stacks and release as quickly as possible and charging up stacks leaves you unable to move.

as for survivability, don't try facetanking everything. due to how our defenses are made, we tend to take spike damage instead of several mitigated hits. a bad roll of RNG will leave you dead in 2 seconds. use whirling blades to reposition yourself, restore health through our leech and proc fortify. the insane leech we get from VP is cut significantly by blood rage and her embrace. in my case, my leech is at 2.7k per second but due to blood rage and her embrace, my true life leech comes out at 1.8k per second. with my current life pool of just a hair under 6k, i can heal myself to full in less than 2 seconds from low life by hitting my writhing jar and letting leech do its thing.

vaal pact playstyle is inherently offensive since we have to deal damage in order to heal but thanks to the slayer overleech and continued leech despite full life, we have a "life regen" of sorts which will help tide you out on moments when you're not attacking. if you're interested, you can check the video i posted a couple of posts back where i did a minotaur run, showing what i meant
Last edited by anton2k4 on Mar 12, 2018, 7:29:49 AM
maybe im missing something but at the levling trees you suggest to remove the life leech nodes which includes the mana leech node.
are we still able to leech mana without this node ? if so how are we doing it ?
Goddamn what am i doing wrong? is this thread still viable/post still active? getting wafflestomped in t11 maps :/
"
Goddamn what am i doing wrong? is this thread still viable/post still active? getting wafflestomped in t11 maps :/

same... no offense but maybe look at some other build guides before posting your first one... dont even have a full pob posted
"
Monst0r wrote:
maybe im missing something but at the levling trees you suggest to remove the life leech nodes which includes the mana leech node.
are we still able to leech mana without this node ? if so how are we doing it ?

im guessing a item, but what i did was loosing a node of life near Thick Skin wich only gave 4% hp and choose one of the little nodes near Spirit void of mana leech (just 1 was enough)

"
lets_kill wrote:
"

same... no offense but maybe look at some other build guides before posting your first one... dont even have a full pob posted

"

guys im still using this build and even made changes of my own, still works like madness

remember to NOT do maps of ele reflect, reduced life regen and no life leech

if you really want i can try posting the changes i made. But this far i could do t16, guardians, elder red tier, atziri(regular cause im too cheap to buy uber keys)

also this was said in the responses before but getting 2 oni goroshis get you a no need to 6 link a armor, i have there my vaal grace wich to fast clear maps gives a extra extra survability

also you might wanna read the full post, there were plenty of good ideas for this build

ps: my hp is 4902...
Last edited by FaberXzio on Apr 11, 2018, 7:54:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info