Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[3.1] [Blade flurry] 1 Ex budget frost blades / Blade flurry build, all content viable

"
Shewsbeef wrote:

1. From my experience leveling this build (I'm now 87), you shouldn't have any trouble using Blood Magic.

2. Read through this whole thread, plenty of people altering it and making it much better and stronger. I use Oskarm+HOA+Hatred along with a Lightning Coil and 2 Oni's. Also switched out Frost Blades for Wildstrike. Wildstrike hits much harder but uses a lot more mana so you can't really spam it as much. However Wildstrike 1 shots most mobs for me so that's not really an issue.

3. Any node closest to your main stats is good to use.

4. No.

I've been using HOA, HOI, and Arctic Armor for auras. Am i better off with hoa & hatred? Was thinking the defense would be nice.
Absolutely loving this build right now. I think i'll play the same next league as it just rips through everything. Managed to gather some nice gear but still saving for a 40% BF Abyssus.

Been looking at this build for a couple of weeks now. Decided I'm going to give it a go. I did a copy pasta of all the PoB links and made this one: https://pastebin.com/07fa4NXx That has all the different leveling trees up to 111 points and also your current character status in it for easy access and comparison.

Thanks for the write up! Hope the build is as fun as it seems!
Last edited by PxDGaming on Jan 29, 2018, 1:29:50 PM
"
agm_ultimatex wrote:
"
Shewsbeef wrote:

1. From my experience leveling this build (I'm now 87), you shouldn't have any trouble using Blood Magic.

2. Read through this whole thread, plenty of people altering it and making it much better and stronger. I use Oskarm+HOA+Hatred along with a Lightning Coil and 2 Oni's. Also switched out Frost Blades for Wildstrike. Wildstrike hits much harder but uses a lot more mana so you can't really spam it as much. However Wildstrike 1 shots most mobs for me so that's not really an issue.

3. Any node closest to your main stats is good to use.

4. No.

I've been using HOA, HOI, and Arctic Armor for auras. Am i better off with hoa & hatred? Was thinking the defense would be nice.

From what I've seen HOA and Hatred are a better combo though like I said above mana could sometimes be an issue. For example if I'm about to go into a group of mobs I got to wait a few seconds after activating Blood Rage otherwise I'll have no mana for a few seconds. Also I feel like I'm outputting so much DPS and leeching so much that the extra sustain really doesn't matter all that much.

Also if you're using wildstrike switch out multistrike for ruthless it increases DPS by a bit.
update on the character i am using. finally got to run some guardian maps and so far, everything has been good. the phoenix boss can be a bit of a problem due to the stacking debuff which lowers fire res but aside from that, no issues whatsoever. got myself a lion's roar, wise oak flask, and managed to put in ancestral protector as well and the DPS increase they provide are excellent. fully buffed, POB puts my blade flurry DPS at 1.52m against shaper/guardian, 2.42m vs normal mobs. as for my clearing skill, which is wild strike, POB puts my normal mob DPS fully buffed at 1.12m while shaper DPS is at 636k. and this is without the need for abyssus and lightning coil. you really need to scale flat phys, elemental damage with weapon attacks, and crit multi to hit high dps

switched bandit rewards to alira to help with res and increase damage

current gear:

minotaur run: https://youtu.be/4MltZHS21Zc (full run showing clear and boss kill. pretty much killed minotaur in about 15 seconds)

POB link: https://pastebin.com/4bFQVKZ7

Last edited by anton2k4 on Jan 31, 2018, 6:35:20 AM
Hi all, great build and great fun but i seem do lack some dps on Bladeflurry and some survivability. Wildstrike or FB seems fine enough. Are there any kind souls out there to check my build and gear? profile should be open to view characters, Thanks :) I know a have not gor round to doing Ulab yet but the build should still be doing nice damage and melt everything

Last edited by Ricofa on Jan 31, 2018, 11:59:32 PM
Is the Fencing node not worth it? The passive tree stops right before it.

Thanks for the build! I'm enjoying it, only lvl 57 so far though.
DMG - OK
Survive - terrible
Idk how you can kill any guardian or uber atziri with this build (Glass Cannon)
If you know what i can do with survivability pls write me, ty

https://pastebin.com/yGC11Y7R

I will be glad to any advice.
Last edited by WithMeteoriteInTheHands on Feb 2, 2018, 4:41:38 AM
I am also struggling like mad with survivability. I can manage the debuff but get 1 shot all day long. My armor and evasion are very low and Im not sure whats it is (Im still learning the game).

I figure at this point I need to scrap my helm for something else... Im not sure if I should pony up the last of my assets for Kaoms, I tried the taste of hate and I still struggle.

Damage wise Im good but I just die far too much and not sure why I suck.

https://pastebin.com/XSiYD1Ea

Help is appreicated
Last edited by SoCal on Feb 2, 2018, 2:00:42 AM
for those with survivability problems, make sure that when you're running an abyssus, you have a lightning coil and an enfeeble blasphemy setup. otherwise, you will be squishy thanks to the lack of a life roll from the abyssus and the increased damage taken. I personally feel that the build doesn't need an abyssus to shine as long as you have the right jewels and accessories.
Last edited by anton2k4 on Feb 3, 2018, 2:08:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info