[3.3] CI Caustic Arrow by Paige | SC/HC | Immortal | Guardians/Shaper | AFK Uber Labs | T17+

I've been looking at numbers on PoB and I'm curious on something. Why are we rolling empower with CA instead of concentrated effect? With 20/20 gems in a +3 bow, slotting concentrated effect over a lvl 4 empower is about a 5k dot dps gain for my character. Is there something that PoB is missing that gives empower a greater dps boost over concentrated effect?
"
Unassorted wrote:
I've been looking at numbers on PoB and I'm curious on something. Why are we rolling empower with CA instead of concentrated effect? With 20/20 gems in a +3 bow, slotting concentrated effect over a lvl 4 empower is about a 5k dot dps gain for my character. Is there something that PoB is missing that gives empower a greater dps boost over concentrated effect?

You are actually right, I have 10k more damage with concentrated effect, BUT!
CA is our clear skill, so make it 30% less aoe can slow you a bit, but you're free to try I don't see other downside of it. Maybe, if it DOES slow your clearspeed, an optional solution can be to use efficany (same blue as concentraded effect) and change efficany to concentrated effect on heavy boss fights.
"
Hypnothepwner wrote:
hello build looks like SO cool - tell me please is it SSF viable ?! can I start with it as my starter then turn into boss smasher ?!
I'm playing this build (or a close enough copy of it) in SSF Softcore, but I don't think it is a good starter build for SSF, because once you switch to CI, you really want/need the unique quiver. If you have the quiver and some other starting stuff (5L Bow and or 5L Chest) as I did from an earlier SSF build, it's absolutely doable in SSF (I even leveled with CA without any problems) , but I think the quiver is a must have for CI.

And CA isn't really a boss smasher but more a really nice to play map clearer (1 attack with CA and the mirage archer goes on for 5 seconds...). I'm definetly not struggling with bosses so far (lvl 83, doing T8-10s), but some bosses take some time with SSF gear...

TLDR: Great build, but imo only doable in SSF if you allready have the quiver and optimally any 5L bow to craft +2 on.
Loving the build so far, im playing in HC so I went Escape Artist. And felt like I should share my thoughts on equipping.

If you go Escape Artist you should equip Hyrri's Ire, provides almost 500 ES with best rolls and its dirt cheap. Also you get 10% dodge as well as 10% spell dodge. With Atziri's Splendour you could get about 700 ES, so pretty much the highest ES chest in the game.
Really appreciate your guys feedback, makes doing all of this worth it.

Sorry I'm not able to reply to every post, I'm very busy IRL and this league didn't interest me in the slightest. Hopefully the next one is better!
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Just started the build anyone have a corrupted fire additional arrow =[ on a scale of 1-10 how hard is it to corrupt i feel like buying a bunch of quivers is forever and no one is selling one !
Is there any other alternative to Blade Vortex? The stacks are annoying as hell to keep up! I've used th eleveling guide's point distribution, but the final PoB is 100 % different. Do I have to regret everything and follow the final path? (in this current situation, it's expensive as f.ck, at least for me!)

Thanks for helping!
"
psichokillah wrote:
Is there any other alternative to Blade Vortex? The stacks are annoying as hell to keep up! I've used th eleveling guide's point distribution, but the final PoB is 100 % different. Do I have to regret everything and follow the final path? (in this current situation, it's expensive as f.ck, at least for me!)

Thanks for helping!

I leveled with CA pretty much the whole way. If you got a tabula it's damage in a 6-link is easily enough. Alternatively you can go for Silverbranch and later on Silverbough as leveling Bows. Silverbough carried me 'til maps, 4-Link was enough. Also that way you simply follow the normal tree and specc what you need at the time first.
Cant find where you can search for something in a thread. So..I'm sorry if this has been brought up already.

Can you use Barrage with poison instead of ED for single target?

My first build in PoE was with caustic arrow..didnt follow any guide and tried to understand everything on my own. It went really bad. Now..I'm trying this. Soon at final Kitava and really worried about changing to CI and all that. I have 1 exalt and 13 chaos orbs right now. And I have only bought the Quiver.
But I have a barrage setup for another build and could easy switch that over if it would work with poison and its chaos damage. As I understand it poison stack with every hit and gets stronger by damage over time and extra chaos damage so having barrage, poison, more arrows combined with all of the chaos and damage over time from the passive skill tree might work?

hi guys, im looking for gear to improve, crafted the +1 arrow bow and the gloves today, dont know what to improve next. (running a bunch of uberlabs tomorrow for enchants)
Spoiler

thnx in advance for anyone trying to help.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info