[3.3] CI Caustic Arrow by Paige | SC/HC | Immortal | Guardians/Shaper | AFK Uber Labs | T17+

How badly not having Leo in flashback league hurts this build?
no more purchases or recommendations til the trade system is fixed.
you can use
for a better shield recharge rate, so you will can be viable to level up with caustic when its unlock to you
This is a wonderful build! Amazing league starter and you're right, there is just so much that you can upgrade to keep pushing this build to the max. I'm also using Allelopathy gloves with Blight for single target. I much prefer it's AOE when I'm clearing breaches/harbingers, and the damage is amazing with the jewels.

One thing I have to comment on is the levelling section of this guide. DO NOT try and a level with blade vortex. You need a good amount of leech/mana regen in order to sustain with it and it just feels bad without it.

100% just level this build as ED Contagion. Just follow the same tree, only taking life nodes as you go and picking up all the damage nodes early. It feels amazing, it's easy and all you need is a couple +1 chaos gems wands that you can craft at lvl 3.

Contagion is enough to clear by itself until Blood Aqueducts but ideally you use essence drain to speed things up a bit.

For a great video, follow RaizQTs video on ED/Contagion leveling until Kitava

https://youtu.be/yf-kPHvfwOQ
Last edited by Ravisandesu on May 12, 2018, 12:13:41 PM
"
Ravisandesu wrote:
This is a wonderful build! Amazing league starter and you're right, there is just so much that you can upgrade to keep pushing this build to the max. I'm also using Allelopathy gloves with Blight for single target. I much prefer it's AOE when I'm clearing breaches/harbingers, and the damage is amazing with the jewels.

One thing I have to comment on is the levelling section of this guide. DO NOT try and a level with blade vortex. You need a good amount of leech/mana regen in order to sustain with it and it just feels bad without it.

100% just level this build as ED Contagion. Just follow the same tree, only taking life nodes as you go and picking up all the damage nodes early. It feels amazing, it's easy and all you need is a couple +1 chaos gems wands that you can craft at lvl 3.

Contagion is enough to clear by itself until Blood Aqueducts but ideally you use essence drain to speed things up a bit.

For a great video, follow RaizQTs video on ED/Contagion leveling until Kitava

https://youtu.be/yf-kPHvfwOQ

Thank you! <3
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
sad i dying in t5+, i dont found one jewel with faster and % of for second, so i buy one with only fastar start

armor
I tried this during Flashback and had a lot of fun eventually. The start was extremely rough. Leveling was a pain in the ass (BV is just not fun to play). Because I got bored with BV I switched as soon as I thought was possible and tried playing a sort of hybrid life/es build untill I slowly switched over but that was the worst idea I had ever had.

After 50+ deaths I decided to just go full ES, get Hyrri's Ire with an insane evasion roll (ascendancy makes chest evasion turn into ES while keeping the evasion) got some flasks and started getting that unkillable feeling. After empower hit level 2 and caustic arrow hit level 20 clearing was easy. But my biggest turnoff in this build is the insanely slow boss killing... Even after getting a 5 link on Hyrri's with Essence Drain boss killing was just so freakishly boring.

And because the league is pretty much dead now after the announcement of Incursion I'm going to put it aside. Thanks for the write up! I had a lot of fun (eventually)! :P
This is probably an extremely stupid question but is there any way to convert this to a life-based build?
"
HotGayDadof4 wrote:
This is probably an extremely stupid question but is there any way to convert this to a life-based build?

There is but at that point it wouldn't even closely resemble this build, besides the fact it's CA haha,
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Last edited by OhhPaigey on May 23, 2018, 4:59:24 PM
Hi! Interesting build, will try in 3.3

Just some questions though since I never played a "bow" character before.

How should I approach getting that 5-6 link end game bow?

Should I farm for div cards;
* Bowyer's dream (ilvl 91 Harbinger bow) and craft it with delirium?
* The porcupine (ilvl 50 short bow) and craft with the intentions of only getting +1 in bow skills?
* Buy a 6l non corrupted base with over 64 ilvl to craft a +2/3 bow with delirium?
* Obtain a high ilvl bow and work on it from scratch?
* Or should I just buy a fully made +2/3 5/6l bow on trade?

I'm asking for the smoothest option and not necessarily the easiest one, hehe. I do like farming.

Thanks and good luck in the new league!
Last edited by Fredd32 on May 28, 2018, 4:12:23 AM
"
Fredd32 wrote:
Hi! Interesting build, will try in 3.3

Just some questions though since I never played a "bow" character before.

How should I approach getting that 5-6 link end game bow?

Should I farm for div cards;
* Bowyer's dream (ilvl 91 Harbinger bow) and craft it with delirium?
* The porcupine (ilvl 50 short bow) and craft with the intentions of only getting +1 in bow skills?
* Buy a 6l non corrupted base with over 64 ilvl to craft a +2/3 bow with delirium?
* Obtain a high ilvl bow and work on it from scratch?
* Or should I just buy a fully made +2/3 5/6l bow on trade?

I'm asking for the smoothest option and not necessarily the easiest one, hehe. I do like farming.

Thanks and good luck in the new league!

It's generally cheaper to buy a +2/3 bow, probably already linked too. Not many builds are using them, and once people try their niche builds or whatever they dump them to sell for much cheaper than you could ever make one for.

Later on, delirium crafting, a GG bow, your only option will be crafting yourself I'd imagine.. it's a painstakingly awful process.

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info