[3.3] CI Caustic Arrow by Paige | SC/HC | Immortal | Guardians/Shaper | AFK Uber Labs | T17+

"
OhhPaigey wrote:
"
Desarix wrote:
The damage is mainly chaos . CI I presume means chaos inoculation and is it because your damage hurts you ? Sorry new player to the game and I am playing standard.

There's a few reasons to go CI. One was so I could test out new shaped mods on ES body armor which I thought sounded quite OP, and at the time, was super underpriced, people were practically giving them away.

CI means you have 1 life and so you rely on ES, ES is generally easier to gain a larger "pool" of than Life is, and a heck of a lot cheaper in recent patches, since most people are running Life.

Being chaos immune from CI is also quite powerful, a typical life based build will mostly ignore chaos resistance, since there aren't many mobs that are scary enough to warrant deliberately rolling Chaos res on gear. However, there are a few that can do a lot of damage very quickly if you aren't paying attention, since we're CI, we can basically ignore them completely.

--

Chaos damage can't be reflected, and our damage doesn't hurt us.

Thank you for the explanation . Still learning the game.
Hello!Thank you for your build its look really cool.
I try to play your build and buy items for this, so have 2 questions:
1) Can I use staff + 2 chaos gems for ED?
I noticed that nobody dont sell elder bow for ED and dont know what i should do .Buy another bow with+2 bow and +1 gems or?

2)Cant buy watchers eye whith all stats rigt now, so wanted ask, which stat more important *recharge shield* or *regen?

Thank you for ur advice, good day for you!

Sorry forgot one thing.
How do u think, which skills more important for buying 21 lvl and improve 4 lvl supported gems?
ED, all CI? Can i for example, buy auras and curses 21 lvl and supported 4 lvld gems later or its nmv?
Last edited by SofiaRokka on Apr 2, 2018, 3:54:36 PM
When should I start using Caustic Arrow? Which level?
What items can I use after level 32?
Hey there. Been eyeing CA as a skill for awhile, flip flopping on whether or not to try it. BHC player, just a few questions.
Firstly I wanted to ask how the clear speed was, and how leveling as CA is post league-start with uniques and currency. How does the damage scale? Really enjoyed Death's Oath this league but I just feel like I'm holding myself back because its just a bad version of RF. Scared of damage fall-off now x[
"
Fizecs wrote:
Hey there. Been eyeing CA as a skill for awhile, flip flopping on whether or not to try it. BHC player, just a few questions.
Firstly I wanted to ask how the clear speed was, and how leveling as CA is post league-start with uniques and currency. How does the damage scale? Really enjoyed Death's Oath this league but I just feel like I'm holding myself back because its just a bad version of RF. Scared of damage fall-off now x[

Can you release your characters on your profile to inspect?
(sorry if my english was bad)
Guys more important thing that only one good bow for 60 ex we can have on second weapon .
Have any idea how we can fix this?
I saw good staffs but we lose regen shield and defence so.
So only way is use +1 gems bow only?
A little help for anyone struggling with "expensive" bows. So here are some tips, and beastcrafting tricks that may help:

Buy ANY 6link bow, but I think the best is a Maraketh bow (at the moment it's 40-50 chaos)

GG 6-link +3 Bow for Caustic Arrow:
-Alt spam until you got +2 bow prefix AND a suffix
-Regal for a 2nd suffix (if you fail, start again)
-Buy-Craft a "cannot roll attack mods" on your bow
-Use Exalted orb OR Use BeastCrafting "adds a prefix removes a random suffix" Both guaranteed
-Now you can swap the master craft to inc.dot dmg
Total Cost: 2-3 EX

GG 6-link +1 Essence Drain + Decay:
-Use Essence of Delirium (~12c per try) Now You have more options
-Just spam Delerium
-Spam Delerium AND try using orbs of Annulments AND/OR BeastCrafting method: "add pre/suffix remove suf/prefix"
-The State you are looking for: Decay Suffix, Exactly 1 FREE Suffix, and Min 2 FREE Prefixes
-Now use/buy the "cannot roll attack mods" master craft
-Use exalted for guaranteed +1 to socketed gems, OR (!) You can gamble with the BeastCrafting again. "adds a prefix removes a random suffix". It has a chance to remove DECAY THO! So be careful!
-If you had 2 free prefixes at start, now you must have 1 free for the +dot damage craft.
Total Cost: 2-4 EX

Hope It could help! Good luck!
Last edited by maugli2 on Apr 3, 2018, 10:18:35 PM
Thank u for advice!
I crafted one and got +1 gems and decay but cant roll +overtime.
Scared to change now.
Can sell if someone want
Hi Paige! Thanks for the build.

Here is my current gear that I have been running with. According to PoB im sitting at 31.6k DoT DPS for CA. Most mobs pretty much melt which is nice. However, at 6,237 ES at lvl 77, I still feel really squishy. Is there something I am missing other than the faster energy shield recharge rate?

There are my items, what should I do from now?
I have 7.5k ES, 30k dot (i saw this in-game) 59k dot (in PoB)
Except for gem levels/quality, what should I do to improve my DoT?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info