[3.1 PF] KB Barrage Wander(ES CI) -Fast, Hdps, tanky, Shaper, Uber atziri, chayura

For someone maybe who is interested in this build be warned, if you do not have a massive bank roll for leveling gear you will almost certainly be forced to zerg damn near every boss past act 4 or 5. This build has a high damage cap sure but it is reliant on having almost every single piece of gear rolled perfectly as the OP has shown.
How expensive is this build, without watchers eye? Can someone give rough estimate, pretty please :) I'm thinking to reroll my evasion/life wander, she is a bit to squishy (character CrystalChrysalis)
I just started this on a new character, not high enough level to use the actual gear yet. This is what I've got so far for it, still missing the jewelry.

The helm was 25 ex but you don't really need the barrage enchant for the build to work, it's just extra. The chest was about 14 ex, I'd say you do need a good ES chest, but you can probably make due with a 5l and probably without resists. The shield was maybe 3 or 4 ex or so, I don't remember. Wand was 4 ex, I think that was really cheap for it but maybe I'm wrong. Belt was like 1 ex, and skyforth 11 ex. shaper's touch gloves are dirt cheap if you don't go for corrupted ones with ele weakness on hit. Good ES gear in general is not cheap, but I think you can make this build decently well for only a couple ex per slot. Maybe cheaper.
"
Spoiler
I just started this on a new character, not high enough level to use the actual gear yet. This is what I've got so far for it, still missing the jewelry.

The helm was 25 ex but you don't really need the barrage enchant for the build to work, it's just extra. The chest was about 14 ex, I'd say you do need a good ES chest, but you can probably make due with a 5l and probably without resists. The shield was maybe 3 or 4 ex or so, I don't remember. Wand was 4 ex, I think that was really cheap for it but maybe I'm wrong. Belt was like 1 ex, and skyforth 11 ex. shaper's touch gloves are dirt cheap if you don't go for corrupted ones with ele weakness on hit. Good ES gear in general is not cheap, but I think you can make this build decently well for only a couple ex per slot. Maybe cheaper.

Nice stuff man! Would be nice to see ur PoB or hear what ur final ES and shaper dps is! Im also making a wander atm and it's nice to see how ppl approach it :) I also use a shaper mod wand!
Last edited by slickepinnen on Jan 24, 2018, 10:22:24 AM
This is the exact point I was trying to make in my post. This build requires an insane investment in order to clear any real content. The PoB from the OP has almost zero defensive stats coming from the tree so everything has to come from the gear itself. Sadly the enchants on your gear are almost mandatory in order to get the DPS high enough to kill any map bosses or elders. IF someone was to run this as just a low tier map farmer maybe they could get away with 10ex for everything but even then you are just clearing trash and leaving. You wont have a hope of killing most of the map bosses.

"

Probably can make a decent build for 15-20 ex.

Expensive items being
Dying sun - 5ex
Decent 6L Chest - 5-10ex
Decent rare wand - 1-3 ex
Rings - Cost alot to fit the good mods on them
Yeah this build is a bit pricey, but OP never wrote its a budget, good starter build.But i would say, u dont need heavy investment to beat bosses until T16 maps.Its not a glasscannon build with ultra high dps (but i wouldnt say its bad, i have almost 2 mill dps against shaper) but its much more tankier then other wanders, and that is important if u want to do leveling.(i mean above 90, on higher maps)
Last edited by slicchabib on Jan 25, 2018, 1:36:06 PM
Here is my gear now, I still need levels. At lvl 81 I have 8570 ES, 1.13 million barrage dps, and 108k KB projectile dps. And yeah to the person earlier, ES builds have never been cheap, neither have wand builds. ES has always been the option that lets you scale better with lots of currency than life builds, although I suppose that's less true since the ES nerfs. Also if anyone has suggestions on what I can try to upgrade now or where to go in the skill tree.

Last edited by Huntss on Jan 25, 2018, 11:40:23 PM
U dont use the conqueror potency jewel to get +1 projectile with dying sun, and u didnt get the alchemyst node either.That is the only problem with your gear, nothing else.But it would be better to get a nice elder stygian belt with increased flask effect mod and then u dont have to use the conqueror potency jewel.
This is my gear and I can't even do chimera ffs. I'm frustrated and wanna quit. Can you please tell me what I am missing? What should I change? I only have 6.5k es and its pretty low how do i become more tanky. Please help me. I'm on the verge of depression ffs.
EDIT: I CAN'T DO ANY GUARDIAN MAPS :C Can you also please check my tree? If there is something wrong. I dumped most of my currency into this character and I'm just sad that it can't do anything besides map :C Please help me

Last edited by jmwafu21 on Jan 26, 2018, 10:47:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info