Water Technology in Path of Exile

Nice job making the new water, seriously. I like to bitch about how the backend programmers sometimes have no idea what they're doing, but I admittedly would have zero clue how to start with many of the graphical challenges that PoE faces. Computer graphics is an awesome field.
One of the best environmental improvement of the year, congratulations for the awesome job.
Sometimes in maps with beaches, I just stop and watch the sea, it's very relaxing (once all monsters are eradicated :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Efu8CMyfgSA
Last edited by FNX_Heroes on Dec 19, 2017, 11:08:31 AM
Very interesting read, as an aspiring programmer it's good stuff! The new water really makes a world of difference.
“Close your eyes and let the mind expand. Let no fear of death or darkness arrest its course. Allow the mind to merge with Mind. Let it flow out upon the great curve of consciousness. Let it soar on the wings of the great bird of duration, up to the very Circle of Eternity.”
"
Kemblain wrote:
I'd rather have it be as minimal as possible and have 0 possible effects because of all the other particle junk that eats my fps with no options to disable.
Your poor PC shouldn't impede on other players who are Keyboard Warriors. Buuut, they should make an option in the menu:

Water Physics:
*Ultra
*High
*Medium
*Low
*Super Low
*Kemblain's Computer

From highest to lowest.
"You're my Sword's canvas."
~Totes Adorbs.
"
fenumed wrote:
Beautiful, but useless FPS eater.

Yes you're right, let's just remove everything that eats DPS.

I suggest to revamp the game to be something like this, so that all potato computers in the world can run it smoothly :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGT-TuIPZIQ
Looks absolutely stunning! Thanks for sharing the behind the scenes!
nice and all but ground effects ....
Thanks. One of the few quality posts from GGG so far.
you gona fix the map drops insted of thise craph
Very well done GGG. We can't thank you enough for all the hard work!
IGN Melusia

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info