Water Technology in Path of Exile

This is very interesting, thank you for sharing!
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
Great job Alex! ^^
--------------------------------------
Dudes need their beauty sleep too
--------------------------------------
!Nice

yea..as some people said in previous messages..an option to disable would be nice..got an i5 pc and i play the game in pictures..and not only near water...
If you, GGG, have resources for this can you please address the performance and stability issues which got worse since 3.0. All those crashes, fps spikes, memory leaks, etc.. you clearly have some abundant resource when you can do some needless water polishing (more like turd polishing).
Also why dont you give user the ability to turn of shadows in dx11 and customize the density and auality of the particles. The technology and resources are clearly there
This is awesome and everything, but we avarage players with avarage PC can't play this game at lowest settings without it lagging, so I really don't care much for more environment effects that make me unable to play the game without lag, that then makes me not being able to appreciate posts like these.
"
kuling12345 wrote:
This is awesome and everything, but we avarage players with avarage PC can't play this game at lowest settings without it lagging, so I really don't care much for more environment effects that make me unable to play the game without lag, that then makes me not being able to appreciate posts like these.

yea ..same here.. i can only play builds like RF with 50 zillion hp so i wnot die coz lag its everywhere..even if i got a decent pc...cant imagine those who have pentium 4 :|
"

"
Completed 19 Challengeskuling12345 wrote:

yea ..same here.. i can only play builds like RF with 50 zillion hp so i wnot die coz lag its everywhere..even if i got a decent pc...cant imagine those who have pentium 4 :|

Haha! But i have a Pentium E5400!
WHAT SAY YOU! WHAT SAY YOU NOW SIR~!
"
Ugh, they just did not understand how I was actually captivated by studying surface wave patterns, caustics and double refraction effects. I saw clouds and thought how they would reflect in water. Saw a plant and couldn't stop thinking how it diffuses light from under the surface of its leaves, because same thing happens with ocean water.

It shows.

Thanks for the insight into the process. I've lived by the sea all my life, in various places from surf coast to tropical islands to city bay, so I have seen a lot of water and I noticed the water right off and have been known to walk up and down in the Strand map just staring at the water.

The part about the physics and programming being "straightforward" compared to the artistic stuff made me smile.

Great job Alex! I really appreciate the work that you've done!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info