Water Technology in Path of Exile

That's nice and all, GGG, but an option to disable this would be even better.

With almost every release we get more and more eye candy to lump on top of an already aging and inefficient engine. While you're piling on the sweets, can we also get graphic options to disable them? I'd much rather eat my sweets as a dessert, not the main course. :-P
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Looking real good
Waves so good that its makes my cpu crash! HA !

But for real, it looks really well. ^^ /
I have been impressed by how the water looked a lot of times over the last couple months without even realizing that it had been updated or anything. It looks great, great job.
next step is 2d sprites of fishes in water... and sharks
Forum pvp
Bex - fuck you. This was our ONLY chance to hear about Brine king waves and boss fight...
Since its already "explained" about water, we will never hear another blog-type about that boss fight with waves and stuff.
That boss fight is one of the most immersive boss fights in poe.

:sadface
Poe 2.0 new trailers when?
Last edited by webas on Dec 19, 2017, 9:45:42 AM
"
Saraneth wrote:
People that are having FPS issues... I don't get it. I am playing the game on a 5 year old LAPTOP and I can get 60FPS with everything maxed. The game is so well optimized.

I call shenanigans. The game client has taken a nose dive since the advent of 3.0.

Prior to 3.0 I had no issues. In 3.0 I had a random crash ever other week. Now in 3.1, if I don't exit PoE and reboot my PC once every 2 to 3 hours, PoE will be guaranteed to crash with some kind of out memory error, that's not fixed by simply exiting and restarting PoE.

And it's not just me that has to do this. Any time I want to group up, it's a given that one or more people will say "One minute. I need to reboot my PC before we do this."

GGG. Please fix your game.
Last edited by Galtrovan on Dec 19, 2017, 9:52:33 AM
Will you guys ever consider switching to Vulkan? Also, will you be adding Ambient Occlusion?
Wow
In order to get rid of clearspeed meta cap global movement speed at 100% but make all skills instant so everything feels great.
I love the new water. It's so pretty that I tend to get stuck in mud flats for a while staring at the sun and surf.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info