Water Technology in Path of Exile

Super in depth really interesting
It was just yesterday that I was standing and admiring the water improvements. Keep up the good work.
I have stopped many times while murdering the beasts and baddies of Wraeclast to note just how beautiful the water looks - awesome job! Having played since OB POE has come a LONG ways in terms of stability and graphics. And, I try to never lose sight of the fact this all started with four guys over 10 years ago.

Looking forward to what the 2018 POE team creates next!
I've lost control of the controls...
Jesus take the wheel"
RAizQT during Kammel HC race
One of my most favourite improvements to the game. Water looks really great. I think the team now should focus on some optimisations. For example the abyss encounters are laggy af. you should reduce clutter and unnecesarry effects like shocking/burning ground or higly reduce its gfx and its impact on everall peformance. Dynamic resolution is not very appealing solution to me neither it works very well.
GGG Patch Notes: "Fixed a bug where players actually wanted to play the game"
Water is like in 30-35% of the game and beach like waves are even less common. Last time GGG did something with water I was playing with black screen for 3 weeks...
kinky, makes me all wet
The water looks pretty good already, but I would love it if the waves actually collided with stones and boulders and other objects.
I remember them saying this was on the list of things to do during the beta, way back. Glad to see it finally added - it looks great!
Very interesting and unique read. Thanks so much for writing this up and sharing it!
You could have made it exactly as you dreamed and just put in the version you released with an option in the GUI/setting.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info