[3.4] Ahn's Might Juggernaut - Uber Lab Farmer - League Starter - Shaper + End Game (Videos)

You think a pure phys is viable with this build?
"
H3avyM3tal wrote:

I'm assuming you mean running brutality to have no elemental damage in which case it can be viable but it would be a lower damage setup. I ran the numbers with my current setup (removing the elder amulet mod for extra phys as fire dmg to make it a fair comparison) and the shaper dps of the build goes from 930k to 790k but the upside would be that you would be able to run an onslaught flask instead of Atziri's promise and you could also run purity of lightning + cold for extra max res instead of heralds. Also with running double purities it would be easier to cap resistances and run rings that give more damage but good steel rings tend to be expensive. I'm sure with some tinkering in Path of Building you could make a viable Brutality setup with a similar damage set up but I find using hatred/hoa and other means of gaining phys damage as x a cheaper and more efficient way to scale damage over the 59% more damage.
"
H3avyM3tal wrote:

Two big reasons against it:

1) While Brutality is roughly equal to "Hatred + Herald of Ash + Atziri Flask" (due to resistances of bosses that we do not reduce in this build), that's not a fair comparison. You're also giving up a gem in your 6L for Brutality, which is also a more damage multiplier.
And we really have no trouble finding 5 strong more multipliers for our Cleave.

2) You're loosing the "shatter" effect from Hatred + Crit, which is a very nice defensive mechanic against on death effects and corpse explosions.

So, it's not the greatest idea... but is it still "viable"?
Sure. You'll still deal more than enough damage for all content.

PS: I would run Vulnerability blasphemy on a brutality setup, if I only knew how blasphemy interacts with Oskarm's curse on hit Assassin's Mark.
Does Vuln get overwritten? If this is the case, you'd need a +1 curse amulet or wear one of the +1 curse uniques...
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Very nice build, I got one question.

Is there a specific reason (apart from the jewel) that you pick Cleave as your primary skill? Wouldnt it be better to use some other skill that scales better?

Asking because I am coming from a long break and last time i played Cleave was a crappy skill.

Thanks!
"
nel0angel0 wrote:

Is there a specific reason (apart from the jewel) that you pick Cleave as your primary skill? Wouldnt it be better to use some other skill that scales better?

Asking because I am coming from a long break and last time i played Cleave was a crappy skill.

Thanks!

You probably could use something else but then you would also need find another spot for a fortify gem. Honestly it plays fine with the Overwhelming odds jewel
Hey I was wondering what your thoughts on this were. I'm not running the Kaom's Roots so I have 4L boots

Cast when Dmg Taken (14) - Frost Bomb (18) - Blood Rage (17) - Assassin's Mark (17)

The frost bomb seems to help boost the dps from hatred.
Blood rage uptime is 100% adding perma attack speed. The Frenzy charge is canceled out so it doesn't mess with Ahns
Assassin gives perma power charge(s) and huge added crit dps

I guess its a trade off, Life/Stance vs DPS?
Last edited by LessCowBell on Jan 23, 2018, 4:29:50 PM
"
nel0angel0 wrote:

Thanks!

The reason we use cleave is because it straight up gives us the best damage possible considering we're running a true dual wield setup. Probably the main reason it use to be considered a bad skill was because the aoe use to be garbage for the skill which has changed due to the aoe rework and the Overwelming Odds jewel. The free fortify also helps round out the defense with the build as well.

The only other skill I would say can work with the gear setup would be Blade Flurry but you would probably be better off running a completely different build with Blade Flurry that utilizes an Elder stat stick weapon.

"

Hey I was wondering what your thoughts on this were. I'm not running the Kaom's Roots so I have 4L boots

Cast when Dmg Taken (14) - Frost Bomb (18) - Blood Rage (17) - Assassin's Mark (17)

The frost bomb seems to help boost the dps from hatred.
Blood rage uptime is 100% adding perma attack speed. The Frenzy charge is canceled out so it doesn't mess with Ahns
Assassin gives perma power charge(s) and huge added crit dps

I guess its a trade off, Life/Stance vs DPS?

The CWDT setup seems decently fine but the Assassin's Mark seems pointless since Oskarm's gives the curse on hit and you will eventually want to get Oskarm's for the build as no other glove option gives as much crit/dps. I would suggest swapping that out for some other utility ability. Otherwise I still think Kaom's Roots gives much more utility and defense that beats out the potential dps increase but if you find the set up works with your current gear then by all means stick with it.
why not use abyssus since you are going to have a ton of crit change anyway and the endurance charges would make the increased physical damage taken no to bad
"
nel0angel0 wrote:

Scales better? Cleave is besides Blade Flurry and Molten Strike one of the highest single target skills out there, not the highest but still great.
Also, not everyone play the meta stuff. Some people play skills, what they want and doesnt care, what is meta ;)

@ ForgottenKryos
Yes, you can use the The Brass Dome. But: No life, no resists. Keep that in mind.
Best is you use path of building and see the difference with a belly/rare chest.

@ Dovan00b
It is up to you to use Abyssus. But at some bosses (Minotaur) i am sure you get one-shot. Cause Armour is not that great if a heavy hit hits you.

I played that build as Gladiator and it is great and one of my favourite builds!

I killed:
-Shaper + 4 Guardians
-Red Elder + 4 Guardians
-Uber Atziri (died 4 times, 2 deaths wasn't neccessary though)
-All Red Maps of course

Clear speed is nice, not that great as with Reave, but still good in my opinion.
Cleave is a build with good clearspeed AND boss-killing ability. My new favourite melee-skill.

My thoughts on using Gladiator instead of Juggernaut:
-DPS is very similar
-way better clearspeed due to Gratuitous Violence! The bleed explosions are sometimes insane
-while Mapping, Gladiator has permanent 3 endurance charges too, due to Outmatch and Outlast
-Endurance charge: Juggernaut / Gladiator
.............Mapping + +
.............Boss + -
-Gladiator has (in my case) 29%/29% (spell)block; 37%/37 if you were hit recently.

All in all its just personal choice.

In my opionion. 95% of the playtime, you usually farm maps. So the clear speed is overall more important for me, so i went with Gladiator (bleed explosions).

Nice guide by the way.
Last edited by A7X89 on Jan 27, 2018, 5:48:47 AM
"
Dovan00b wrote:
why not use abyssus since you are going to have a ton of crit change anyway and the endurance charges would make the increased physical damage taken no to bad

Since its meant to be an uberlab farmer, The increased phys damge taken is really detrimental

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info