[3.4] Ahn's Might Juggernaut - Uber Lab Farmer - League Starter - Shaper + End Game (Videos)

"
SCamera wrote:
but it's essentially a different build at this point from the one here.

Is it?

I played the build with a couple extra Endurance charges and no dodge beside Oskarm, then with phase acro + atziri's step, and now with grace... But I'm still dualwielding Ahn's Might, still relying on Accuracy for crit and attackspeed... and overall they all play and feel same...

Kaom's roots, Unflinching, Unrelenting:
4% extra physical reduction
8% elemental reduction
20% increased damage
~6300 instead of ~6100 life

Atziri's step, Unstoppable, Unbreakable:
~3-5k extra armour, xx% chance to evade (depending on gear)
16% extra spelldodge
+44% increased movespeed
4 extra sockets

One EC doesn't offer more overall survivability than extra Evasion and Armor.

I doubt there's a meaningful difference between 8% reduction and 16% dodge.

In terms of clearspeed, I take 44% movespeed over 20% increased damage any day.

And I'm sure you can find something to put in 4 extra linked sockets that is as powerful as 200 extra max life (Vaal Grace alone would offer more EHP than 200 HP).

None of them have any meaningful defense against elemental spelldamage except a high HP pool.

With evasion, you have at least some defense against chaos shooters like those ugly little things in Atziri's map. Those hurt like hell with -75% chaos resist when they hit on every shot.

But inn the end, it's probably just "preference".
Neither choice makes or breaks the build, or is objectively "preferable".
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Jan 31, 2018, 2:45:01 AM
Would this build be hardcore viable when facing end-game bosses, like red elder/guardians and shaper/his guardians? I'm not interested in uber atziri, but would like to clear all the other content.

I really need to make some melee build, and haven't played cleave ever, so this looks very interesting and affordable :)

"
I played the build with a couple extra Endurance charges and no dodge beside Oskarm, then with phase acro + atziri's step, and now with grace... But I'm still dualwielding Ahn's Might, still relying on Accuracy for crit and attackspeed... and overall they all play and feel same...

Kaom's roots, Unflinching, Unrelenting:
4% extra physical reduction
8% elemental reduction
20% increased damage
~6300 instead of ~6100 life

Atziri's step, Unstoppable, Unbreakable:
~3-5k extra armour, xx% chance to evade (depending on gear)
16% extra spelldodge
+44% increased movespeed
4 extra sockets

I have been following your posts in this thread, before I made this character, and I am wondering why you decided to spec out of acro?

I get the loss of armor is a big deal, but I am really enjoying the build. Maybe with a starkonja's over an abyssus?
"
woolly_wizard wrote:

I have been following your posts in this thread, before I made this character, and I am wondering why you decided to spec out of acro?

I just enjoy to experiment with different setups.

For my current setup, I wanted "cloth and chain" (AR/EV, resists) and the EV/life in ranger start, and the 5 skillpoints in Acro seemed to be the easiest source of skillpoints.

But this setup is by no means "final" and maybe I change it tomorrow.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
So I have a 6 link inpulsas heart, is there an easy way to work that into the build? Even with just changing the 6th link to phys to lightning?
"
AutoQQ wrote:
So I have a 6 link inpulsas heart, is there an easy way to work that into the build? Even with just changing the 6th link to phys to lightning?

I ran the numbers on it and the damage is actually comparable to my current setup with an elder astral plate that has crit (swapping in PTL for our shock chance of course). The only issue I could see would be getting your resistances which would probably come from a rare belt which would mean the loss of intimidate from Belt of the Deceiver. Otherwise you should be able to easily make it work into the build simply by changing out your 6th link.

"
Would this build be hardcore viable when facing end-game bosses, like red elder/guardians and shaper/his guardians? I'm not interested in uber atziri, but would like to clear all the other content.

I really need to make some melee build, and haven't played cleave ever, so this looks very interesting and affordable :)

Someone earlier in the thread said they tried this on hardcore and was able to make it work for lab farming and some mapping. My amount of experience on Hardcore is lacking overall (I've only played HC once in a 2 week race up to lvl 90) but the problem with this build in HC is our defense mechanics rely on gaining and keeping endurance charges as well as having fortify up.

You would want to have some extra layer of defense on this build to run it in hardcore. One idea I can think of would be to run purity of ice + purity of lightning with arctic armour and using Brutality on the 6th link in place of running the heralds. You would lose the splash and shatter from cold damage but you would have higher ice and light max res and you could more easily get chaos res on gear to make up for the lack of chaos res this build has. The other thing I would do would be cut some of the damage nodes in place of HP. As a warning I haven't really tested this on Hardcore so take this advice with a grain of salt.
Thanks for this build! I've been playing something very similar and it was nice to have an opportunity to compare and improve my own build.

When it comes to the "budget" gear setup, I think a Starkonja with 3R-1B sockets should not be in there. Or at least it should be mentioned that it could take thousands of chrome orbs to get or of course a Vorici 8. But when someone does level Vorici to 8 he is far from using budget gear. I am speaking from personal experience.
"
Thanks for this build! I've been playing something very similar and it was nice to have an opportunity to compare and improve my own build.

When it comes to the "budget" gear setup, I think a Starkonja with 3R-1B sockets should not be in there. Or at least it should be mentioned that it could take thousands of chrome orbs to get or of course a Vorici 8. But when someone does level Vorici to 8 he is far from using budget gear. I am speaking from personal experience.

You should definitely use Vorici bench and jeweller orbs instead of chromes when off-coloring 4 socket items. Google "Vorici jeweller trick".
Last edited by Steamr0ller on Feb 2, 2018, 2:18:48 AM
"
Steamr0ller wrote:
"

You should definitely use Vorici bench and jeweller orbs instead of chromes when off-coloring 4 socket items. Google "Vorici jeweller trick".

God damnit! xD
Is it worth it to take Vitality Void and the mana leech node if I can get mana leech from jewellery or jewel? PoB showing around 150 less life leech rate without Vitality Void, which isn't much at all.

Not sure if PoB is totally correct though, so would really like to know :)

e: oops, I forgot my only source of life leech on gear is Atziri's flask, so yeah, Vitality Void is a must :)
Last edited by Steamr0ller on Feb 2, 2018, 8:37:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info