[3.4] Ahn's Might Juggernaut - Uber Lab Farmer - League Starter - Shaper + End Game (Videos)

Iron Reflex is one of those nodes I think is moderately useful but I also don't think is worth the 2 points it takes to pick it up as there are better options on the tree. This is because flat armour is only really useful against smaller hits and does next to nothing on bigger hits so having the extra armour from Iron Reflex will only really be useful for reducing trap damage in lab and damage from common mobs in map. I'd also take the % physical damage reduction in the stat screen with a grain of salt as your actual physical damage reduction depends on the amount of physical damage you take.

When it comes to getting a good 6l elder astral plate I'd recommend buying one with the mods you want rather than trying to craft your own. From experience chaos spamming the chest I have right now it's real difficult to hit multiple elder mods. I've sunk so far ~800 chaos into the one I have right now so I'd only recommend crafting one if you don't mind sinking some real currency into it.
Hi,

nice build!

Are the Kaoms Roots really neccessary? Life boots with resistance or another unique boots are good choices too?

If i use path of building and remove the Kaoms Roots, you get 19% (!) chance to evade.
Thats good imo. The chill and freeze immunity is nice, sure, but you can get the freeze/chill/immunity with your flask, which are almost everytime up while mapping. Stun immune is achievable through unbreakable from the ascendancy. Moreover it doubles your body armour.
So its easier to use abyssus.

Of course its personal preference, but rare boots with good resistance is a good option too, isnt it?
Last edited by A7X89 on Jan 15, 2018, 4:17:01 PM
"
A7X89 wrote:
Hi,

nice build!

Are the Kaoms Roots really neccessary? Life boots with resistance or another unique boots are good choices too?

If i use path of building and remove the Kaoms Roots, you get 19% (!) chance to evade.
Thats good imo. The chill and freeze immunity is nice, sure, but you can get the freeze/chill/immunity with your flask, which are almost everytime up while mapping. Stun immune is achievable through unbreakable from the ascendancy. Moreover it doubles your body armour.
So its easier to use abyssus.

Of course its personal preference, but rare boots with good resistance is a good option too, isnt it?

Kaom's Roots aren't necessary for the build but they're arguably best in slot for what we're looking for. The reasons being that the boots give immunity to stun, freeze, temp chains as well as give us a huge amount of life. The only problem with them is they don't give any resistances which is why I'd only recommend using them when you have other pieces of gear that can cover your resistances. Kaom's Roots is also the best source of stun immunity on the build without either having to spend ascendancy points or 4 skill points to get it.

As for your points the 19% chance to evade is almost meaningless as you won't really notice it and it's not typically going to be the thing that helps you survive most of the time without further scaling into evasion/dodge. Unbreakable is an option for stun immunity on the build but losing out on the extra 5% damage reduction with fortify as well as dmg/regen is more valuable and Brine King pantheon will definitely get you by for pseudo stun immunity as long as you're aware of where your getting hit. The armour from Unbreakable as well is going to be minor at best unless you're using Brass Dome as flat armour doesn't do as much for large hits as it does for small hits.

As for using abyssus from what I've experienced so far the extra damage isn't necessary for the build once you start making an end game set up and I would argue abyssus would be detrimental if you're trying to level up. With the current set up I'm running the damage is already enough to trivialize shaper and elder.
Great build, having a lot of fun. What’s generating frenzy charges....why do we need pacifism?
"
gallaghd wrote:
Great build, having a lot of fun. What’s generating frenzy charges....why do we need pacifism?

Pacifism is to make sure our frenzy charges are at 0 so we get both the no frenzy and the at max frenzy charges benefits of ahn's might. We're not actually generating frenzy charges on the build because we can't gain frenzy charges.
Just got to level 70 with my jugg and able to equip the needed gear to really feel the build. Having a lot of fun, thank you very much for it! The synergy between dual Ahn's Might, Pacifism, Undeniable and Oskarm is just beautiful
Last edited by Ridge9876 on Jan 16, 2018, 3:01:56 AM
So question. I've been doing a cleave jugger and more or less doing a kind of pseudo-sff(only using gear that I find but still trading for crafting mats). I was thinking about switching over to your set up(x2 ahn's might + oskarm) but when I put it into POB, my dps is only about 250k where yours is 418k. Our trees are basically the same and I don't think my gear is too much worse than yours. Would you or anyone else mind taking a look at my gear and trying to figure out what that 168k difference in dps is?
"
SCamera wrote:

Kaom's Roots aren't necessary for the build but they're arguably best in slot for what we're looking for.

Hmmm.

Kaom's roots are BiS for any other class that just wants to have "juggernaut in one item slot".

But we are Juggernaut. We have the Kaom's roots stuff available, and in better versions.

So I am not sure the 2 ascendancy points are worth giving up all evasion, 4 sockets and extra movespeed.
Especially when most of Jugger's AP's are pretty underwhelming, compared to other classes (no crazy stuff like "40% more damage" or "ignore resists" to be found here).

I prefer to put the 2 points into "cannot be slowed/frozen" and wear rare boots.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
I was thinking about switching over to your set up(x2 ahn's might + oskarm) but when I put it into POB, my dps is only about 250k where yours is 418k. Our trees are basically the same and I don't think my gear is too much worse than yours. Would you or anyone else mind taking a look at my gear and trying to figure out what that 168k difference in dps is?

Did you also put in a Pacify jewel to gain the bonus of "no/all frenzy charges" at all times?
Did you use a conc effect setup to compare?
Did you click all the stuff you can rely on in "configuration"?

Your setup looks fine, only "Double chest armor" Ascendancy is a waste when you're wearing a belly.
Your tree looks weird to me. When you have 2 point Endurance charges, take them. If you don't want to, don't travel there, you can find %life elsewhere.

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Yeah, I switched one of my jewels for a pacifism when I swapped for the Ahn's Mights and Oskarm. In the set up, we're both using inc area, the only difference being that I use faster attacks, but that's more a qol thing(I don't like the animation lock of multistrike) and switching it only adds 15k to my total dps.

Double armor is more for the stun immunity because I haven't found a good Kaom's roots and don't feel like going over to Unwavering Stance. The part of the tree above the crit/Resolute tech nodes is just because I was initially stacking and going for every bit of life I could before I got a Belly. I'll probably spec out of it later.

The only thing is I can't figure out where such a massive difference in DPS is coming from. The poster's amulet is alot better than mine but I wouldn't think that'd account for over 100k worth of dps.

I also checked the configurations and everything looks the same there too.
Last edited by Ming_the_Panda on Jan 16, 2018, 3:16:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info