[3.4] Ahn's Might Juggernaut - Uber Lab Farmer - League Starter - Shaper + End Game (Videos)

"
Keichan27 wrote:
I am following this build as a fairly new player on xbox.
I like it alot so far but there is 1 thing i don't understand.
The pacifism jewel, can someone explain why it is good to have -1 frenzy charges ?
And why it is used in this build?

With two of these, you have 3 -3 = 0 frenzy charges.
Which means you have "no frenzy charges" and "all frenzy charges" at all times.
Which means you get both the accuracy and the crit multi off the swords.

"
Do you have a Path of Building link ?

Me?
https://pastebin.com/hGEsPzZf

This is a very "aggressive" skilltree.
I cut the Endurance charges, cut the left side of the tree, and ventured into shadow.
Around 5.5k life atm, ~300k DpS just with golem, fortify and "enemy is maimed", ~500k with Atziri and Diamond flask and warchief.

You can swap damage on full life for inc AoE/conc effect, but I'm too lazy for this. ;)

This isn't really a "lab farmer" anymore, though uber lab was pretty trivial.

---

Since I have no real chase item this league, I spent a bunch of chaos on regrets, gems, alternative weapons and experimented a bit...

Frost blades has great AoE, but sucks for single target.

Blade Flurry felt clunky in mapping, and DpS wasn't too crazy even with this offhand:

...so I went back to cleave.

One idea I still want to try is:
-> Ascendancy to double armor from chest
-> Brass Dome
-> still around 20k armor, even with Acrobatics
But I cannot afford to drop the resists of my chestplate atm.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
So I've finally got around to doing the shaper for the first time with this build and the end result was deathless first try:

Spoiler

I've also made some changes to the end game build. The biggest change is in the skill tree as I've dropped the extra two endurance charges and went more into the ranger side for brutal blade and fatal blade like many others have done in this thread. The reason being is, with good gear, those nodes give a lot of damage and we no longer rely on having the extra endurance charges or hp nodes for defense.

In terms of gear I've dropped the vengeance setup and picked up Kaom's roots. I've also bought an enlighten level 3 and ran arctic armour in the set up for some extra defense especially since I've dropped 2 extra endurance charges. The last change I've made is buying an I85 elder astral plate base which is pretty much my project this league. I've currently rolled it with % max life and +1 to supports with the +1 supports being a nice dps increase for the build.

In short this build can absolutely do end game content with some good items. I'll update the OP once I manage to get another shaper set and record a video.

New PoB Link: https://pastebin.com/p5Hy9hVg
Last edited by SCamera on Jan 3, 2018, 10:07:51 PM
"
SCamera wrote:

Amazing gear you got there! :)

I just noticed I now officially have more life in the tree than you. ;)

And I think the leech cluster is a bit of a waste.
With just .4% leech, you already easily reach your cap of ~1200 life/sec.
This goes up to only 1400 with the extra 3% from vitality void.
Is 200 life/sec worth 2 skillpoints?

In your tree, you could maybe save 2 points by taking the .4% mana leech next to ranger's sword cluster, and just one .4% leech node in vitality void, and then grab the 8% attackspeed, 20% accuracy notable in Ranger.

In my tree, you get the .4% life leech on a shadow life node.

I slightly modified my tree (minus Acro/Phase Acro, +1 mana leech node, +1 jewel socket, +Heart of Oak) and put in your dude:
-more life (5900->6250)
-slightly more DpS (~5% more)
-minus 1 more EC, let's kill them all. ;)

Pastebin your gear, my tree:
https://pastebin.com/CcFwKu3P

(I unclicked flasks and warchief so that the numbers are not jumping by 100.000s whenever I click something)
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Jan 4, 2018, 4:06:01 AM
Hi,

I tried this build cause I wanted to make a lab farmer but I feel like i'm doing something wrong because my character feels really weak.

I know i'm level 69 and my gear is not really good (especially my rings and amulet) but I only miss the life node from the endtree you gave and I don't understand what's missing.

What should i get on my rings and amulet to upgrade my DPS?

here is a PoB link to my current gear : https://pastebin.com/j5f93J03
"
Pabidabowi wrote:
Hi,

I tried this build cause I wanted to make a lab farmer but I feel like i'm doing something wrong because my character feels really weak.

I know i'm level 69 and my gear is not really good (especially my rings and amulet) but I only miss the life node from the endtree you gave and I don't understand what's missing.

The first major thing I can see relating to your tree is you need to swap the location of Pacifism and Overwhelming odds as Overwhelming odds only takes into account the strength you have allocated. Fortify is a huge boost to this build's defenses.

The second biggest will be resistances as you'll want those maxed out. The easiest item to upgrade on your current build is the praxis ring as you should be able to do much better buying even a 1c ring with life and resistances. I would also immediately be looking to swap out your amulet as you can easily do much better for a couple of chaos. Look for one that helps out with stat requirements and has a life roll and has any other damage mods. I wouldn't recommend getting amulets that have resistances in place of good mods but if you're hurting for resistances i'd get an amulet that would fill the gap. Le Heup will be fine since I'm assuming you're using that to help out with resistances and stat requirements but I would recommend eventually swapping that out for a rare ring as Le heup is missing a life roll. Also be on the lookout for flat physical damage on jewelry to help with damage but also remember that can be crafted if the item has an open prefix. Otherwise the rest of the gear you have should be fine.

For Ring/Amulet buying I'd use these searches to try to find what you need (Note I set the max price to 5c but you can change that to lower if you need):

Spoiler
Ring (click on pseudo: total elemental resistance to search for highest res rings): http://poe.trade/search/oobewohirikuha
Amulet (click on maximum life unless you need int then I'd just search by that): http://poe.trade/search/tesitenoninota

Lastly I'm not sure if you already have this or not but you should have an enduring cry setup as it's needed for having endurance charges up before you get hit. Whirling blades will also be a nice quality of life to get as well which should allow you to swap out your quicksilver flasks for the all important diamond flask and atziri's promise. I'd also prioritize the life nodes on the tree to help out with life and you'll want at least 5k life to at least start running uber lab.

TL;DR: Swap Overwhelming Odds and Pacifism. Get resistances and life rolls. Flat phys is a bonus for Jewelry items.

Edit: Looking at the pob link I noticed Dervish was bypassed entirely. I would highly recommend rerouting the passive tree through Dervish as it gives 48% physical damage (which is huge for damage as Ahn's Might already has a high amount of flat damage) as well as the bonus attack speed and accuracy for only 4 points.
Last edited by SCamera on Jan 7, 2018, 7:21:14 PM
"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
SCamera wrote:

Amazing gear you got there! :)

I just noticed I now officially have more life in the tree than you. ;)

And I think the leech cluster is a bit of a waste.
With just .4% leech, you already easily reach your cap of ~1200 life/sec.
This goes up to only 1400 with the extra 3% from vitality void.
Is 200 life/sec worth 2 skillpoints?

In your tree, you could maybe save 2 points by taking the .4% mana leech next to ranger's sword cluster, and just one .4% leech node in vitality void, and then grab the 8% attackspeed, 20% accuracy notable in Ranger.

In my tree, you get the .4% life leech on a shadow life node.

I slightly modified my tree (minus Acro/Phase Acro, +1 mana leech node, +1 jewel socket, +Heart of Oak) and put in your dude:
-more life (5900->6250)
-slightly more DpS (~5% more)
-minus 1 more EC, let's kill them all. ;)

Pastebin your gear, my tree:
https://pastebin.com/CcFwKu3P

(I unclicked flasks and warchief so that the numbers are not jumping by 100.000s whenever I click something)

I considered those options as well and at this point the build is in a good spot with damage already so at this point I would value defensive options more. Also in terms of defenses the reason why I'm still sticking with Vitality Void instead of say picking up the extra 8% life with 2 skill points is because I find one shots aren't that much of a problem with the build so much as being able to sustain your life pool (hence why I run 2 instant life flasks even though I'm freeze immune with Kaom's Roots). Vitality void is a slight increase on sustain but I do find it helpful enough to warrant the 2 points.

Otherwise I could see a case of taking the points especially if you wanted to hit the 1 mil shaper dps mark.
"
SCamera wrote:
"
Pabidabowi wrote:
Hi,

The first major thing I can see relating to your tree is you need to swap the location of Pacifism and Overwhelming odds as Overwhelming odds only takes into account the strength you have allocated. Fortify is a huge boost to this build's defenses.

The second biggest will be resistances as you'll want those maxed out. The easiest item to upgrade on your current build is the praxis ring as you should be able to do much better buying even a 1c ring with life and resistances. I would also immediately be looking to swap out your amulet as you can easily do much better for a couple of chaos. Look for one that helps out with stat requirements and has a life roll and has any other damage mods. I wouldn't recommend getting amulets that have resistances in place of good mods but if you're hurting for resistances i'd get an amulet that would fill the gap. Le Heup will be fine since I'm assuming you're using that to help out with resistances and stat requirements but I would recommend eventually swapping that out for a rare ring as Le heup is missing a life roll. Also be on the lookout for flat physical damage on jewelry to help with damage but also remember that can be crafted if the item has an open prefix. Otherwise the rest of the gear you have should be fine.

For Ring/Amulet buying I'd use these searches to try to find what you need (Note I set the max price to 5c but you can change that to lower if you need):

Spoiler
Ring (click on pseudo: total elemental resistance to search for highest res rings): http://poe.trade/search/oobewohirikuha
Amulet (click on maximum life unless you need int then I'd just search by that): http://poe.trade/search/tesitenoninota

Lastly I'm not sure if you already have this or not but you should have an enduring cry setup as it's needed for having endurance charges up before you get hit. Whirling blades will also be a nice quality of life to get as well which should allow you to swap out your quicksilver flasks for the all important diamond flask and atziri's promise. I'd also prioritize the life nodes on the tree to help out with life and you'll want at least 5k life to at least start running uber lab.

TL;DR: Swap Overwhelming Odds and Pacifism. Get resistances and life rolls. Flat phys is a bonus for Jewelry items.

Edit: Looking at the pob link I noticed Dervish was bypassed entirely. I would highly recommend rerouting the passive tree through Dervish as it gives 48% physical damage (which is huge for damage as Ahn's Might already has a high amount of flat damage) as well as the bonus attack speed and accuracy for only 4 points.

Thank you for your feedback !

I already have whirling blades and enduring cry it's just that i forgot to put them in PoB.

I also found an exalt with another character so i have way more fund now and bought nice rings and amulet. I am now capped in res and my character feels stronger.

When do you recommend that i should farm uber lab? I know you said 5k life but is there like a level required before i should start attempting to run or some dps number i should reach?
"
Pabidabowi wrote:
Thank you for your feedback !

I already have whirling blades and enduring cry it's just that i forgot to put them in PoB.

I also found an exalt with another character so i have way more fund now and bought nice rings and amulet. I am now capped in res and my character feels stronger.

When do you recommend that i should farm uber lab? I know you said 5k life but is there like a level required before i should start attempting to run or some dps number i should reach?

That question depends on how familiar you already are with the fight. I think I did mine around lvl 84 for the first time simply because that's how long it took me to get the trials done at the start of the league but I felt like the build was comfortable enough to do uber as early as around level 78. I also farmed it immediately after I tried it since the lab layout was pretty good and I found the defenses to be enough. It's pretty much a question of when you feel comfortable enough to run it consistently while getting the most out of keys and making sure your build can handle that day's lab layout. The build should be fine with most mods but be aware that Essence, Gargoyle, Conduit and Disruptors will buff Izaro's damage with Disruptor also making Izaro alot tankier. Fonts are also a huge risk if you don't have a good anti curse flask.

I also can't give an exact on the right dps for izaro other than simply trying it and seeing how it goes. I can say the HP on Izaro does seem similar to a t8ish boss for each phase.
I've updated the guide with the Shaper video I was able to record and updated much of the information of the build as well.
Is the Brass Dome even worth it? I mean, you already have Reduced Critical Damage Taken from the Deceiver belt, and even with that much armour, in my opinion it's still better to go for Unyielding instead of Unbreakable because we basically have permanent Fortify with the Jewel.

Also, what do you think about Death's Oath? It gives decent life, some resists, a load of attributes a load of armour, 1% leech, and a 450 DPS chaos aura with no downside against bosses (the chaos damage taken on kill should be easily mitigable against trash, but we do end up with -75% chaos resistance without any on gear so I'm not sure).

So what it comes down to is this, is it worth it to use an unique body (Dome, Oath, etc.), or is it simply better to go for an Elder/Shaper body armour with, for example, +% Life Regen, or +1 to Support Gems (like yours)?

Edit: Another question; how did you get to 111 Intelligence for the Conc. Effect gems? As far as I can see you should only have 91 (54 from tree + 37 from Amulet) Intelligence total.
Last edited by FrozenEagle7 on Jan 10, 2018, 6:22:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info