[3.4] Ahn's Might Juggernaut - Uber Lab Farmer - League Starter - Shaper + End Game (Videos)

Hey, SCamera, nice build and guide here. just want to see what the order that you will recommend to take for new Jugg Ascendancy in 3.2 league. thank you very much.
"
TxE4GL3k wrote:
Hey, SCamera, nice build and guide here. just want to see what the order that you will recommend to take for new Jugg Ascendancy in 3.2 league. thank you very much.

I've already updated the OP with the new order to take the Ascendancies. The only ascendancy choices I consider mandetory are Unflinching and Undeniable but I consider the best combination for our build to be Unflinching, Undeniable, Unbreakable, and Unrelenting. You could easily swap out Unbreakable or Unyielding for Unstoppable or Unrelenting but I find damage is not hard to come by on this build and the build can always use better defenses for more safety when running maps/bosses/lab.

Also since I never put in a leveling guide for the build this is pretty much what I did with the build last league. For the most part I swapped between Sunder and Cleave for leveling but once you get the threshold jewel for Cleave the skill will probably be your best choice. Tectonic strike looks interesting and should also be a great leveling option and/or clear speed skill for end game but the damage from Cleave (as well as the bonus fortify) should still yield much higher dps with how Cleave works with dual wielding. I also used warlord's mark on blasphemy until I got to the duelist side of the tree for leech. Do Normal/Cruel labs as soon as possible (around the level of the area) as well since having endurance charge generation makes leveling much easier and Undeniable gives some nice damage.

In terms of gear you should be able to get by simply with rares for all of your gear and rare weapons until level 60 in which you can swap in Scaeva which usually won't be more than 1-2c. Last league Ahn's Might was dirt cheap because no build really existed then for the unique but I still don't see the unique being too expensive. I'd recommend simply getting to maps as soon as you can and doing the chaos recipie (unid or id) to get currency. You're going to want to map up for the Uber Lab trials as well as lurk Global 820 to get any you're missing. Otherwise I'd recommend simply getting up in levels before attempting Uber and getting at least 5k hp and res. Thankfully the other uniques for the build aren't mandatory so you should be able to get by simply on rares until then.
Last edited by SCamera on Feb 28, 2018, 7:05:49 PM
"
offimpulse wrote:
cant kill phoenix with my gear, which is more than recommend... what am i doing wrong?
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/offimpulse/characters

For Phoenix you're going to have to dodge Phoenix's big attacks (the fire nova and the moving sword swing skills) due to the minus fire res debuff the phoenix has. Also because of that debuff the phoenix birds will start hurting as well if you let too many of them spawn. In the guardian video you can see how the fight should go and where you can get your damage in. Otherwise as long as you avoid the one shots you should have more than enough damage to kill Phoenix.

How would this character do in mapping? You actually get quite high attack speed.

Probably better to use Reave or Tectonic Strike for mapping.
Last edited by VisorX on Feb 28, 2018, 8:17:46 PM
"
SCamera wrote:
"
TxE4GL3k wrote:

I've already updated the OP with the new order to take the Ascendancies. The only ascendancy choices I consider mandetory are Unflinching and Undeniable but I consider the best combination for our build to be Unflinching, Undeniable, Unbreakable, and Unrelenting. You could easily swap out Unbreakable or Unyielding for Unstoppable or Unrelenting but I find damage is not hard to come by on this build and the build can always use better defenses for more safety when running maps/bosses/lab.

Also since I never put in a leveling guide for the build this is pretty much what I did with the build last league. For the most part I swapped between Sunder and Cleave for leveling but once you get the threshold jewel for Cleave the skill will probably be your best choice. Tectonic strike looks interesting and should also be a great leveling option and/or clear speed skill for end game but the damage from Cleave (as well as the bonus fortify) should still yield much higher dps with how Cleave works with dual wielding. I also used warlord's mark on blasphemy until I got to the duelist side of the tree for leech. Do Normal/Cruel labs as soon as possible (around the level of the area) as well since having endurance charge generation makes leveling much easier and Undeniable gives some nice damage.

In terms of gear you should be able to get by simply with rares for all of your gear and rare weapons until level 60 in which you can swap in Scaeva which usually won't be more than 1-2c. Last league Ahn's Might was dirt cheap because no build really existed then for the unique but I still don't see the unique being too expensive. I'd recommend simply getting to maps as soon as you can and doing the chaos recipie (unid or id) to get currency. You're going to want to map up for the Uber Lab trials as well as lurk Global 820 to get any you're missing. Otherwise I'd recommend simply getting up in levels before attempting Uber and getting at least 5k hp and res. Thankfully the other uniques for the build aren't mandatory so you should be able to get by simply on rares until then.

Sweet, you are the man. Thank you so much for all tips you provided here.
"
VisorX wrote:
How would this character do in mapping? You actually get quite high attack speed.

The mapping with cleave is not the best but it's should still be decently good for early days of the league. Reave would be better for mapping but that would require recoloring of your chest and the skill would have far less damage. Tectonic Strike would probably be your best bet to swap to for mapping since you will probably already have enough damage as is once you're geared up but for single target and high tier mapping you'll still probably want to stick with Cleave.

The video I have in the OP gives you a rough idea on what mapping looked like on the budget setup. With investment it does get better as having a 6l and more damage on gear means you'll be clearing most packs in 1 multistrike.
"
SCamera wrote:
"
VisorX wrote:

The mapping with cleave is not the best but it's should still be decently good for early days of the league. Reave would be better for mapping but that would require recoloring of your chest and the skill would have far less damage. Tectonic Strike would probably be your best bet to swap to for mapping since you will probably already have enough damage as is once you're geared up but for single target and high tier mapping you'll still probably want to stick with Cleave.

The video I have in the OP gives you a rough idea on what mapping looked like on the budget setup. With investment it does get better as having a 6l and more damage on gear means you'll be clearing most packs in 1 multistrike.

Thx!

With your PoB it would be 1 million Reave DPS against normal mobs. Shouldn't that be enough for high tier maps.

The coloring is a problem, so might wanna use Blade Flurry for single-target then. You could also swap IncreasedCritStrikes for Faster Attacks on cleave if you only use it for single-target. Don't lose any DPS.
Isnt bladeflurry stronger for single target and little faster clearing or am i so whrong? But that should take one ahns might and a extra damage sceptre i guess?
Last edited by Psycomantje on Feb 28, 2018, 9:02:03 PM
"
VisorX wrote:
"
SCamera wrote:
"
VisorX wrote:

Thx!

With your PoB it would be 1 million Reave DPS against normal mobs. Shouldn't that be enough for high tier maps.

The coloring is a problem, so might wanna use Blade Flurry for single-target then. You could also swap IncreasedCritStrikes for Faster Attacks on cleave if you only use it for single-target. Don't lose any DPS.

If you're going the Reave route Dual Strike with the threshold jewel would be a much better single target dps skill than blade flurry as dual strike can have comparable single target damage to Cleave. The reason being is Cleave and Dual Strike are currently the only "true" dual wield skills in the game meaning that you actually use both weapons when attacking rather than alternating like most other dual wielding skills. Even though the damage is comparable you would be missing out on the free fortify on hit and you would have to put fortify somewhere in your set up (ie whirling blades). As this build is initially meant to do uber lab early in the league you're going to want the best dps u can muster 3 days into the league and the 20% damage reduction from fortify as it should prevent u from being 1 shot from all but the craziest izaro mods (ie disruptor + conduit).

Knowing what we know now I would say Tectonic Strike would probably be the best map clearing skill since the AoE from the fissures should help with clearing trash. Unfortunately phys dmg gets converted to fire meaning you wouldn't be hitting the same dps levels as Cleave or Dual Strike but you can always swap back to cleave for single target anyways.

Blade flurry benefits much more from dual wielding with a stat stick rather than having 2 equal dual wielding weapons like this build has. Swapping out an Ahn's Might would mean we'd need to have 2 pacifism jewels in tree and we would lose out on the 50% crit multi + 400-500 accuracy with dual wielding. Overall the damage wouldn't be comparable and blade flurry would be better ran on a different build. Peterlerock actually tried using a blade flurry variant on the build with a stat stick and this was his thoughts on it:

"
Since I have no real chase item this league, I spent a bunch of chaos on regrets, gems, alternative weapons and experimented a bit...

Frost blades has great AoE, but sucks for single target.

Blade Flurry felt clunky in mapping, and DpS wasn't too crazy even with this offhand:

...so I went back to cleave.
Does cleave/tectonic strike require swapping gear/passive tree between uber labs and mapping?
Also sorry for asking this probably a millionth time but do you still allocate the same ascendancy poins in 3.2? Can unyielding ever be viable as opposed to unrelenting, for example?
Last edited by Millennium on Mar 1, 2018, 1:07:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info