Abyss supporter packs x2

I think we may be too accustomed to the "upgrade one tier and receive everything in the lower tiers!" with Supporter Packs. Perhaps spoiled would be a better word.

I remember when I finally started supporting in Open Beta. The packs then did not give you all the goodies from the lower packs, but it didn't necessarily diminish their value. Have packs improved since then? Oh, yes. Paying X amount for Y pack, and then getting everything from packs A, B, C, all the way to Y is a huge improvement from back then.

But, if we stand back and look at what is in each of the Abyss packs individually, they are worth the price tag.

It's only when we compare them to our new normal, the "upgrade X receive Y", that the packs seem to leave a sour taste in the mouth. I'll admit to buying both packs. I think both of these armour sets are much better than the last two we've gotten from major expansions, and since I skipped on those, I'll support now when I like the product I'll receive.

/shrug

I really don't think this is greed. If you want to point out greed, let's get real and talk about mystery boxes. This is simple, up front, and has a fair value for what is received.

EDIT: Based on comments earlier in the thread, and having purchased both packs, I can confirm that you cannot display both of the tags at the same time. This seems the be the only negative aspect of the non-upgradeable exclusivity they have in relation to each other, to me.
Bring back race seasons.
Last edited by AbdulAlhazred on Dec 15, 2017, 2:14:36 AM
why are people surprised when a company wants to make more money? Don't like it? Don't buy it. Simple as that. No one is forcing you to buy anything.
"
AridZephyr wrote:
why are people surprised when a company wants to make more money? Don't like it? Don't buy it. Simple as that. No one is forcing you to buy anything.

Then according to this logic EA did nothing wrong as well? Or is it different when you like a game and the devs then all of a sudden this behaviour becomes ok.
White knight logic never fails to amaze me.
GGG sells a product and as a consumer you have every right to be critical of the products you buy and the company who sells it.
[Removed by Support]

It's no longer ok to be a certain color

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
But lets face it. This league + expansion is out of this world compared to the other ones, especially the shitty one that was Harbringer.
Ofcource, the decision is still greedy, but hey... we are playing a free to play game anyway.
My perspective differs from most posters here. Typically with past leagues I'll select a particular supporter pack that I like the look of and fits within my budget (so never the top tier packs) and then purchase that. My outlook is that if I was buying an expansion pack for a game that was going to last me 3 - 6 months, I'd probably spend around the $60 mark. So that's usually my price point spend.

Occasionally I've spent less just because I didn't find the mtx at the higher point appealing at all. Even when I did purchase a mid-tier pack, I would often find myself not using the lower grade mtx just because I often didn't find them appealing.

So this time around my perception is that GGG have hit my usual price point spot on and have given me two pretty kick ass options to select from, either of which I would be happy with.

Ultimately I chose one and then spent most of the points on Fire and Ice themed boxes. So for my $60 I got a cool set of mtx to use together, plus a heap of other mtx that I really like and will definitely use. So to my mind, I found an enormous amount of enjoyment and value it these latest offerings.

I'm not trying to convince anyone that my perspective is better, but I felt it worthwhile to offer a different outlook.

"
So this time around my perception is that GGG have hit my usual price point spot on and have given me two pretty kick ass options to select from, either of which I would be happy with.

I agree completely with this.

I try to be pretty pro-consumer (I am... not a fan... of the mystery boxes), and all I can see here is them giving us more options than they normally do. I'm simply incapable of understanding how being given more options could be received so negatively. Sure - I've bought one and plan on buying the other, but I had been planning on buying the €60 challenge league pack and one of the cheaper War for the Atlas packs; now I'm buying both challenge league packs instead.

I do think this will lead to GGG making more money during this period of time, but I view that happening as a result of fewer people checking out the packs and not finding any that they liked. I seem to recall the War for the Atlas packs being received quite poorly, but when GGG attempt to address that by giving us more options while leaving the War for the Atlas packs there for those who do like them, that's apparently not acceptable at all...

"
I'm not trying to convince anyone that my perspective is better

Oh. Well. Then you're more mature than I am. :P

This is a hill I plan to die on.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
"
HappyRogue wrote:
"
If GGG was considerate to their fans, instead of offering $60x2 make it $45x2, or keep it $30 and $60. They're trying to squeeze more out of this opportunity and it is excessive, considering they already have the War packs.

I'm on the fence now as well, not in agreement with their business strategy.

You just now discovered they're greedy? I've known this since i first loaded the game. Anyways the portrait frames are pretty lazy this time around.

The entire game isn't provided, developed, maintained and continually improved and expanded for free? Holy stash tab Batman, what greed is this?

You only got 550 points once for both packs before. Now you get 550 EACH. There's nothing wrong with it. You just have to see it for what is it, two supporter packs.

Like Bex said, the choice is yours. If you want both, that's on you, not GGG. Sigh.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Last edited by Xavathos on Dec 15, 2017, 7:54:51 AM
"
Xavathos wrote:

The entire game isn't provided, developed, maintained and continually improved and expanded for free? Holy stash tab Batman, what greed is this?

You only got 550 points once for both packs before. Now you get 550 EACH. There's nothing wrong with it. You just have to see it for what is it, two supporter packs.

So if we would buy this game for 60€ you would shut up about it right? I mean those 550 points mean not much when single item costs half of it.

Heck check the rift game where devs gives WHOLE GAME for free but a single pet costs 100€ lootbox.

Everyone would rather buy the game and pay a lot less for expansions than get "free" game where what you want to buy costs more than AAA games combined.
Poe 2.0 new trailers when?
Last edited by webas on Dec 15, 2017, 7:57:33 AM
Thanks, Sarno. I am not against spending included points on a shield skin...but it won't match.

A bit of a downer tbh.
I don't mind GGG to offer more than one 60$ league pack.
However im worried about quality of this packs. I have a feeling that if GGG stick to this idea in the future we will see not completed packs. So if you want to have what would normally be in a "single pack" now you have to buy two.

Even now we get less for money we pay. We are losing 30$ pack (usually 1 additional weapon effect, or cloak - breach league)
Last edited by karoollll2534 on Dec 15, 2017, 8:28:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info