Abyss supporter packs x2

"
GilliesSWTOR wrote:
I'll have to reconsider the map 'tab' based on what you say webas.

Especially if I end up buying a supporter pack, but the lack of matching shield skin right now is having my teeter on the edge of "no". It's a bit of an immersion killer for 60 bucks.

I'm probably going to be using the Badge of Skulls shield, I think it's a decent match for the Lich armor skin at the very least.
"
Both are nice, though x2 $60 packs = greedy

In comparison, the Harbinger $60 pack came with 4 more items (character effect, pet, and the social frame, forum title from the $30 pack) over the current Abyss packs at the same price.

They also threw in the extended Oriath soundtrack which already comes with the War packs, what are they thinking?

Abyss Supporter Packs offer less, charge more.

To buy 550 pure points, I have to spend 46.75 EURO.
The Abyss pack costs 50 EURO; so the extra's you get in each pack is worth more than 3.25 EURO.

Not really comparing them to other supporter packs, just pointing out that it's fair; and I'm OK with that.
"
bblondia wrote:

Agreed Xavathos. I mean we are getting a full armour set + back attachment or portal + weapon effect for $5.... because we get $55 of points included. And buying it is 100% optional so I can't really see an issue with this at all. Show me any full armour set with wep eff etc etc etc that you can get for $5 in the shop. It's a great deal.. and again.. it's optional... support or don't. They still give you the whole game for free. They could have bundled these sets together and charged $120 and then there likely would have been more people complaining. They took the time to put together 2 pretty cool armour sets which I think is great. Everyone is entitled to their opinion however and it's just my opinion that if I'm going to buy more points anyway I might as well get a pretty cool kit for $5 worth of those points.

Cheers and have fun in the Abyss

Thank you for understanding what I was trying to say. :)

Value proposition is subjective. It varies from player to player and is dictated by many different factors. How much do you enjoy the game? How important are aestetics to you? How much money do you have to spend realistically?

One could disagree with me on 30 bucks (on sale) being worth it for an armour set or not. If it's not for you, don't buy it! Nobody is forcing you to buy it or asking you to enforce your opinion on others that don't share your view.

OBVIOUSLY I think it's worth it. I've spend thousands and I'm not done yet!

...Maybe... if they keep making good content. Shhh don't tell GGG. ;)
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
"
As far as I know regarding leagues, both Legacy and Harb packs did not come with soundtrack (i.e. only offered in Atlas and Oriath packs resp).

That's... weird. I honestly don't remember, and the wiki would appear to agree with you.

I concede the point. :)
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
"
Sarno wrote:
"
As far as I know regarding leagues, both Legacy and Harb packs did not come with soundtrack (i.e. only offered in Atlas and Oriath packs resp).

That's... weird. I honestly don't remember, and the wiki would appear to agree with you.

Reasonable discourse? On MY internet?
"
sainthazard wrote:
"
Sarno wrote:
"

And mine! This is blasphemy, this is madness!

"
lupasvasile wrote:
To buy 550 pure points, I have to spend 46.75 EURO.
The Abyss pack costs 50 EURO; so the extra's you get in each pack is worth more than 3.25 EURO.

Not really comparing them to other supporter packs, just pointing out that it's fair; and I'm OK with that.

This is the real value equation. I can't for the life of me understand how few people are putting this into consideration.

All this discussion over 'value' and people are comparing pack to pack and going into diatribes over how much 'less' is being offered in these packs. The packs are an alternative to buying points straight from the store with no 'bonus'. Anything contained in the pack you are essentially getting for the difference in coins, which for the longest time for the lower level packs (i.e. under USD$150), has been a whopping 50 points /s.

If people are arguing about value, then why aren't they factoring the equivalent MTX store cost? There is no way you can purchase anything in the packs, never mind the fact that they are exclusive to the packs themselves and can't be bought from the MTX store, for the paltry 50 coins you 'lose' by purchasing a pack.

What I am reading are people complaining because they don't see enough 'value' to contribute to a game they have probably sunk countless entertainment hours in and derived tons of fun and enjoyment from. If a voluntary choice to spend money on a game you enjoy causes you this much distress, perhaps you should seriously be rethinking your life choices.
"We were going to monitor the situation but it was in the wrong aspect ratio."
"
Xavathos wrote:
"
sainthazard wrote:

Madness? THIS IS WRAECLAST!

*boots Xavathos through a portal at the map device*
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
"
Sarno wrote:
"
Xavathos wrote:
"
sainthazard wrote:

Madness? THIS IS WRAECLAST!

*boots Xavathos through a portal at the map device*

Kaom's Roots? :D

It might also be worth pointing out, that for a little investment playing this league you can also earn yourself a free helmet and wings mtx that pair up very nicely with these two packs. Upon reflection I'd be pretty confident that GGG made a conscious decision not to include significant back attachments for these packs because they wanted to encourage players to pursue them through challenge completion. Or at least have the option of applying them be more likely to be perceived as an addition, rather than losing something they otherwise greatly valued.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info