Severe Fps Drops post 3.1

Been having huge FPS problems since 3.1; been able to play on and off randomly as solutions
work and then stop working. In my case I found that disabling or enabling windows 10 game mode would sometime help or not, just like disabling fullscreen optimizations from the PoE executable. Unfortunately the game decided that these things wouldnt do anything anymore and im back to being unable to play above 15fps I i come across anything at all. The game is smooth 60, but as soon as I click or interact with anything, it dips down to 15. Sometimes it just stays at 30 for no reason at all; but if I open my task manager it goes back to 60... wtf? If I play in windowed fullscreen the dynamic resolution does nothing at all; if I play in fullscreen dynamic resolution is locked in at 360p shit stream quality; I reinstalled my graphic drivers for the 500th time, audio drivers; defrag, disk checks, virus checks, malware, spybot, anything I could think of I tried. Now im just about to give up on PoE.

Im on windows 10 and use AMD FX6100 cpu and R380 gpu. Used to play the game silky smooth for 2 years; never had problems this bad before.
On going of course.

Can't wait until abyss doesn't make it into the core game.
ongoing
"
I've been experiencing a lot of lag and terrible FPS since 3.0 came out, wasn't sure what was causing it because I ran perfectly fine in previous versions. I didn't want to decrease texture because I like games that look pretty. So I tried the fix from this thread about PUBG. So far it appears to have worked.

Navigate to POE game folder, probably under steamapps/common.

Right click the .exe and open properties.

Select compatibility tab and choose 'Override high DPI scaling behavior. Scaling performed by:' From the drop down make sure Application is chosen.

Hit Ok and start up POE to see if it's worked.

I haven't run a whole bunch of tests, but POE was shitty before I did this, and not as shitty after.

Edit: I shouldn't have put lag in the title. My lag is entirely tied to the network/game servers now that I've been watching it for a while. But my FPS does appear to be performing better.

this seems to help with graphics performance
Last edited by juulsezaar on Feb 4, 2018, 5:22:31 PM
I'm on a garbage PC, but prior to the last patch I was still pulling 20-30 fps, albeit with some frame drop issues. Latest patch dropped that to 5-10 fps (in empty h/o, towns, everywhere) - completely unplayable. Very frustrating.
GG GGG <3
On going

hopeful for the experimental changes.
I love that theyre keeping in the abyss stuff, cant wait to drop to 5 fps all next league too.
"
Gruzbug wrote:
If your using windows 7 use -- https://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/116342

If your using windows 10 use -- https://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/116344

Enjoy the game once again..

jeeeesus...

this works wonders. i play the game on a potatoe pretty much but this driver rollback pretty much bumped it back to a playable 60-40 infight from dunno? 20? maybe?

altho i need to add duer to some posts earlier about "preventing windows to update drivers" and whatnot..

one should use DDU anyways for installing new drivers. i m kinda shocked at times on how alot of people dont even update/reroll their gpu driver correctly. Because i think its kinda musing people create videos on how to prevent windows from updating it since DDU is doing this anyways, you reboot into safemode, ddu deinstalls your driver, cleans up all the leftovers and temp files and whatnot, overwriting windowsettings to not update once you restart it and then you ll get yourself a clean system with no driver on to install a new one onto.

https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1002
Last edited by SoftLight on Feb 9, 2018, 7:47:32 PM
I'm about to quit this game.

I've tried every possible solution and nothing works, horrible performance 120fps to 0, frames stopping lags.

System:
X99, I7-6850K with a Nvidia 970, 16GB ram.

@GGG, STOP your focus on MTX and FIX this horrible performance issue instead, otherwise you will have a retention period where players at some point, like me, is simply saying - IM done with this shit, bye!

This will certainly drop your income and your MTX won't matter anymore, please WAKE UP and start fixing these FPS problems and make the game run.

You have a game that a lot of people like, including me, it's sad to see it end like this.

Best regards

POE login screen choosing gateway:

5,7% CPU usage on poe.exe, 41% GPU - On the goddamn login screen!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info