Severe Fps Drops post 3.1

"
cipher_nemo wrote:
I even submitted a support request over e-mail for their technical support. However, I probably won't get a reply until 3.2 or 3.3 given how slow they are. And hopefully they don't give me a canned response or e-mail back wanting more information (I sent everything in my post above, but in much more polite manner).

Wow, they responded back within 9 hours. Color me impressed. I can eat my own words now. :-)

They're forwarding all of the information I supplied to the development team. That's an impressive response from support. Thank you.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
I even submitted a support request over e-mail for their technical support. However, I probably won't get a reply until 3.2 or 3.3 given how slow they are. And hopefully they don't give me a canned response or e-mail back wanting more information (I sent everything in my post above, but in much more polite manner).

Wow, they responded back within 9 hours. Color me impressed. I can eat my own words now. :-)

They're forwarding all of the information I supplied to the development team. That's an impressive response from support. Thank you.

For the record, this is a return to normal turn-around times for GGG support. Apparently the Christmas holiday season was *really* hard on the support team.
yeah i mean its nearly unplayable if you're mapping you're just gonna get fisted over and over again randomly, probably the 1 and only time you find a lich or are at elder.
Still on going.

Sent my diaxdiag over and over again over email.

I still cant play with steady fps in 3.1 after having no issue in 3.0.

Such a great time.
"
Tigerbloods wrote:
"
berniebucket wrote:
I have been having fps spikes since 3.1.

Tried reverting nvidia drivers as recommended to 378.92 with no difference.

What actually seems to resolve my issue is when I am in game already, changing power management in nvidia control panel from prefer maximum performance to something else and then back to maximum performance. The spikes will not happen anymore until I close and launch poe again.

This isn't an issue in any other game I play.

Hopefully this helps.

I don't know how the heck you managed to figure this out but thank you from the bottom of my heart.

You're welcome my dude.

Was able to catch it using PrecisionX. Every time a fps spike would happen the GPU memory clock would blip as if it had cut back performance for less than a second.
Last edited by berniebucket on Jan 25, 2018, 9:22:03 PM
Just posting to say its the same for me on a powerful pc. 4770k @ 4.8 ghz, 1080 gfx card, installed the game on ssd. Tried fresh windows installation with only the bare essentials, tried every graphics card driver including some of the older ones that have been suggested- and its still just as bad. I tried reinstalling game or just deleting the cache folders, tried tinkering with the config file and shader settings. Tried tinkering with graphics card driver settings and in game settings. Nothing makes a difference. I play nova EK and as soon as I attack monsters I get either micro stutters or massive fps spikes. With single or double beyond its even more so completely unplayable (1 fps sometimes, a slide show and I have no control over my character and randomly die (thank god Im on softcore).

Before 3.1 I had 150+ fps pretty solidly locked when doing maps, and I only really saw a performance decrease when doing insane sextanted beyoded maps, but I was still able to control my character. I hope this gets fixed because its driving me away from a game I thought was impossible for me to burn out on.
FPS even in hideout jumping from 5 to 55. Average is about 30. On maps the same, but average ~ 25. Okay, in abyssal depths there was an open empty area, and then on it happened fps drop. Simply 0 fps for 10 seconds. Idk why it happens, simply without any logic.
New Patch alleviated nothing.

Still have issues. Getting close to two months since the league start that caused this issue.

Maybe one day something will get fixed but until that point no more money from me.
"
Gruzbug wrote:
I found two things that significantly increased my FPS from 15 back to 60+ since the 3.1 patch.

1st- if your using Nvidia drivers / GPU
roll your drivers back to - https://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/116342

2nd - flush your TCP/IP
1. Right click on your Windows Start Menu, and select "Command Prompt (Admin)" or just search for Command Prompt and right click, run as administrator. (You should see a black box)
2. Now type in or copy and paste, "netsh int ip reset" Press Enter. Then do the same for "netsh winsock reset"
3. This should run through the TCP/IP reset.
Once it's complete, you'll need to restart the computer for the process to finish. Done!

Once I completed these two tasks my game was back to normal and FPS was no longer an issue.

I hope this helps.

"
Gruzbug wrote:
If your using windows 7 use -- https://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/116342

If your using windows 10 use -- https://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/116344

Enjoy the game once again..

Thanks a lot finally fixed the problem.
Gpu was making noises even when the computer was idle which i found its totally weird but now its fine and my fps is back to normal i have to cap it to 60 to prevent my gpu from overheating.

Also you have to disable windows from updating graphic card drivers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ6gfRw6NRU

or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf6ebDELmZc

Still happening

Edit:
Even more annoying running subnautica perfectly fine stable 60 fps on ultra settings.

yet this game can't keep a consistent fps on the lowest settings. Garbage.
Last edited by lif44 on Jan 27, 2018, 11:49:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info