Microtransaction Gifting

"
鬼殺し wrote:

No, but really. It's not as if the vast majority of people don't have other financial obligations this time of year. It takes a lot of audacity to say to a bunch of supporters, 'hey, we'll mediate point/mtx gifting as long as you give us the cash for it instead of tapping your existing reserves' two weeks before Christmas.

Not like it matters, they don't listen to anything on the forums, they only read reddit.
"
CelticHound wrote:
"
Attlus wrote:
What's funny to me is that China already has the option to trade duplicate, or even regular mtx to each other.

Say what?

You know there are deprived children in West Virginia who would love to have my excess Emerald Rain of Arrows MTXs...

Yeah, in China, you can spend a little extra per lootbox and get tradable versions, which I woulda preffered considering I got dupes of all the rare stuff and don't want it. It's affected the trade in China however and enabled some sorta rmt stuff there too.
Last edited by Attlus on Dec 6, 2017, 7:09:41 PM
Any time frame when we can gift duplicates from our inventory?
"
鬼殺し wrote:

No, but really. It's not as if the vast majority of people don't have other financial obligations this time of year. It takes a lot of audacity to say to a bunch of supporters, 'hey, we'll mediate point/mtx gifting as long as you give us the cash for it instead of tapping your existing reserves' two weeks before Christmas.

Yeah, and this has been par the course for GGG this whole year.

You remember when Chris made that "Thank You" post in August with the release of 3.0 , thanking the dev team, the customer support team, their 3rd party partners, the donators for Paying For everything?

I kid you not, he embedded a hyperlink inside the "caring thank you" of supporters to redirect them to the POE SHOP to spend money.

Fn Unreal.
Last edited by JoeShmo on Dec 6, 2017, 7:16:33 PM
Wish i had a friend that would have send me a div card tab as a gift, lol :D

What gift I deserve? :p

Very nice idea. From players view, and marketing for GGG. New league gonna be HUGE. Lets hope we breake new players record peak.
I can't understand, where the peoples see something "cool" and "awesome" in this post? Really? Maybe someday, when i can exchange tons of duplicate mtx with other peoples i will say "awesome", yeh. But not today ggg, not today.
⚔️ https://steamcommunity.com/id/yalme/
"
鬼殺し wrote:

I don't mind that. It's how they survive. As long as it's not pay to win, they're sticking to the moral grounds. But 'microtransaction gifting' is a horribly misleading title (it's almost clickbait, something I never thought I'd see GGG stoop to) and the clause 'we can't actually facilitate gifting from your stash/GGGold reserve' is quite a ways down the post, almost in fine print.

I find this disingenuous. Not impressed at all.

I was all geared up to do some Kris Kringle shit.

Now I'm feeling deflated that I can't be generous from what I own, and instead would have to use new money to be generous in PoE. Which is starting to piss me off, because sorry but my GF, family and friends come first there. And it all feels a bit too commercial and coerced. I am mtx-rich, let me damn well share that. Don't force me to spend even more to get the same results.

Spoiler
And yeah, being who I am, GGG would probably do mtx and GGGold xfers for me. But that's not the point here.

Hey man, you wanna say they listen to us on the forums, that's fine, but their track record reads different. Lots of high rollers like yourself absolutely hating on their recent mtx based decisions. Lots of people shitting on the harbrinbger packs, lots of people shitting on the mtx "rewards" for twitch, lots of missteps that were repeated since the purple mtx having lots of issues with launching. These are the people who help keep the lights on they're snubbing here.

I mean, even Chris himself has said that "once we get them hooked with a supporter pack, we're basically tied into their income" during an interview, or something incredibly close to that. They might be better with collecting data on the forums and using the aggregate to better balance the gaem, but on mtx based things? They do not care because they feel they'd loose too much money. This is despite that China has different policies than everyone else in that regard.
can i organise a gift for myself for christmas day so i have at least something to wake up to
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
JoeShmo wrote:

I kid you not, he embedded a hyperlink inside the "caring thank you" of supporters to redirect them to the POE SHOP to spend money.

Fn Unreal.

I don't mind that. It's how they survive. As long as it's not pay to win, they're sticking to the moral grounds. But 'microtransaction gifting' is a horribly misleading title (it's almost clickbait, something I never thought I'd see GGG stoop to) and the clause 'we can't actually facilitate gifting from your stash/GGGold reserve' is quite a ways down the post, almost in fine print.

I find this disingenuous. Not impressed at all.

I was all geared up to do some Kris Kringle shit.

Now I'm feeling deflated that I can't be generous from what I own, and instead would have to use new money to be generous in PoE. Which is starting to piss me off, because sorry but my GF, family and friends come first there. And it all feels a bit too commercial and coerced. I am mtx-rich, let me damn well share that. Don't force me to spend even more to get the same results.

Spoiler
And yeah, being who I am, GGG would probably do mtx and GGGold xfers for me. But that's not the point here.

I don't see how embedding a link to the store, inside a thank you post, is not also morally wrong. That's scummy as hell.

It's like standing there with a donation bowl in front of you as they're telling you how thankful they are for your support. That's some classic manipulation and greed.

POE is like a Evangelical Megachurch, and Chris is the televangelist preacher needing your support money so he can buy a 7 million dollar private jet to spread the word of Wraeclast.
hmm, i have no friends :(

Edit:
Ok i can make a new Account and can Gift me something :)
Last edited by Zayku on Dec 6, 2017, 7:40:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info