Microtransaction Gifting

No friends, no money >>>>>>>> Expected something free for holidays :'(
"
鬼殺し wrote:
...Oh. No straight transfers? So...wow. Okay. Yeah.

"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Please note that we can do purchases on behalf of, but can't gift microtransactions or points that you already have on your account.

This is the most blatant cash grab I've seen GGG make. Ever.

And that's coming from me.

Tip from a gifting pro, GGG: 'real friends' don't play PoE. They try it and then quit and wonder what sort of fucking masochist you are while they're off playing genuinely fun games casually. The only people PoE players know who also play PoE are less 'friends' and more 'fellow addicts'. And while I might be inclined to buy them other games on Steam, there's no real need to buy them anything here because, as mentioned, they're fellow addicts and already have what they want here.

This is incredibly poorly thought out on your behalf. And the timing is terrible.

Disgusting, and they are trying to censor anything they can to hide it :/
So cool of you guys to encourage rmt in a way you said in the past was not going to happen. Ever.

But then again ever since I heard Chris about the drop rate shenaningans I knew you'd cave in more and more.

Idea is nice and all . Encouraging rmt in your own game isn't.
It's interesting how the most bitter tearful hand wringing about this is coming from people who have no supporter packs. I mean look I get it gaming is often a hobby of the unemployed and the college kid, and parents basemented 40 y/o child. I get that most of you live in a world where providing for your family by making money with a business, means you're an unethical "sellout" this is an attutude I also shared when I was a teenager and thought every band that got more commercial was "selling out" after all you probably never paid any bills or bought any groceries. It's super fucking easy to stick to your principles when you have your parents house and credit card to back them up. But GGG is a business that closes up shop the moment they stop making money.

GGG is a backwater of outdated monetization strategies, mostly due to the hard core gamer audience not liking "unethical pay 2 win". Yet here they are getting torched ANYWAY. Most of the industry MMO's and other Online games are already allowing directly trading items from the cash shops for in game currency. This has the effect of bypassing the gold seller RMT, and letting the developer make the money that was being made by RMT botters. Yes it means the people with Jobs are paying the no lifers for their farming, in effect it's RMT. RMT that already exists rampantly in POE, we just pretend it isn't. When it's pretty much paying for 90% of those 200 exalt builds LOL. GGG to try and avoid the perception of "unethical" MTX is doing a manual gifting feature and all you idiots can do is cry about how unethical and sellout GGG it for putting a link to their MTX shop in a thank you letter...

[Removed by Support]

I for one wouldn't mind in the least if they allowed store MTX to be traded in game for items and currency. It would knock the RMT merchants out of the loop, it would swell GGG's coffers and we could all stop pretending it's not how most people are getting the currency to follow a 100 exalt wander build.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
Last edited by Blank_GGG on Dec 6, 2017, 8:29:12 PM
"
Hallsttattian wrote:
Idea is nice and all . Encouraging rmt in your own game isn't.

Spoiler
WTS

WTB Abyss Supporter pack!

Just a joke.
E = mc^(OMG)/wtf
I will romove and report anyone on my friend list who does not give me a mysterious box gift this Christmas :]
FUCK FRIENDS AND GUILDMATES! I RIDE SOLO BITCHES! NO CHRISTMAS GIFTS FOR YOU !
MAN guess I can continue sitting on my mountain of duplicates. TY GGG
Last edited by Macromute on Dec 6, 2017, 8:27:18 PM
This is a cute thing to do , but no one will gift me anything ;( .
"
alhazred70 wrote:
It's interesting how the most bitter tearful hand wringing about this is coming from people who have no supporter packs. I mean look I get it gaming is often a hobby of the unemployed and the college kid, and parents basemented 40 y/o child. I get that most of you live in a world where providing for your family by making money with a business, means you're an unethical "sellout" this is an attutude I also shared when I was a teenager and thought every band that got more commercial was "selling out" after all you probably never paid any bills or bought any groceries. It's super fucking easy to stick to your principles when you have your parents house and credit card to back them up. But GGG is a business that closes up shop the moment they stop making money.

GGG is a backwater of outdated monetization strategies, mostly due to the hard core gamer audience not liking "unethical pay 2 win". Yet here they are getting torched ANYWAY. Most of the industry MMO's and other Online games are already allowing directly trading items from the cash shops for in game currency. This has the effect of bypassing the gold seller RMT, and letting the developer make the money that was being made by RMT botters. Yes it means the people with Jobs are paying the no lifers for their farming, in effect it's RMT. RMT that already exists rampantly in POE, we just pretend it isn't. When it's pretty much paying for 90% of those 200 exalt builds LOL. GGG to try and avoid the perception of "unethical" MTX is doing a manual gifting feature and all you idiots can do is cry about how unethical and sellout GGG it for putting a link to their MTX shop in a thank you letter...

[Removed by Support]

I for one wouldn't mind in the least if they allowed store MTX to be traded in game for items and currency. It would knock the RMT merchants out of the loop, it would swell GGG's coffers and we could all stop pretending it's not how most people are getting the currency to follow a 100 exalt wander build.

its not the cheap ones that hate because they never spent a single dime on the game, its the ones that did spend that will defend ggg's actions and get hyped no matter what. its buyer psychology sortof, you subconsciously want something you spent money on to be good. if it isnt, you will convince yourself that it is!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info