[0.10.1g] The Groundshocker: Dual-Wield Elemental Ground Slam Marauder

I am currently in merciless act 1 and i am facing extreme survivability issues and not doing any significant damage.
my skill tree
Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecCcQSzFCAUTRiRGS4ZhRo4GmwkqiftKU8yiTboNuk6UjwFUEdQUFRJVgRXDVfiWGNZ818_YVJqHnKpdud35XzZgpuDOIZghymLjIzPkFWdrp7Nn9-iAKcIpzCnhKgYrKq53cAaxtjSIdlh2t3fv-Nq5CLnUuw47w7vfPAf8i_z3fZI974=

MY gears
Spoiler

comparing myself with other marauders i seem to die like a rat.
Domine Non Es Dignus
Hey zinja. I'm pretty new to this build and just yesterday hit merciless myself. Curently doing fellshrine at lvl 56.

I'm on my phone so I cannot view neither your passives or link mine, but your gear seem to be lacking some raw health+. I am sitting on 2k health after auras and feeling medium squishy. Dps is around 1200 wih groundshocker.
And also, your weapons only have additional physical dmg interger and %. As as we do mostly elemental dmg, tro to craft or gind scepters with elemental dmg and an off-hand with sweet %+ to elemental dmg or attackspeed and your dmg should increse.

Out of curiosity, whats your health and dps? And throw in your armor and resistances while at it ;)

Ps. Try to upgrade your rings. They seem underwhelming. Use trans orbs and try alteration orbs to get some + ele dmg them.

Cheerio
On another closer look. Try to link groundslam with faster attack and change added fire dmg to weapon elemental dmg. Much larger increase with just a little extra + x- X of the different elemental sources. Made a huge difference to me to change added lightning dmg to faster attacks. Running 4l GS - faster attacks - weapon elemntal dmg - life on hit. Next step would be adding extra lightning or area of effect.ä, but dont have access to a 5l yet.

But if you " die like a rat" I'd focus on increasing survivability. Gear with +hp and armor. And stay ay at arms lenght from mobs ;)
Hopes this is somewhat helpfull in meantime while you perhaps wait for one of the more experienced to add further

Taunuk
I did that but i didn't see any increase appreciable increase in damage.
My changed gears
with Linked GS-WeaponElemental Damage- Faster Attacks - life gain on hit.
Spoiler

My Stats of Ground slam when running wrath and anger aura
Spoiler

My Stats of Glacial Hammer when running wrath and anger aura
Spoiler

Why i find this trouble some? is because i have been trying to farm ledge to get some currency/ rares to make good gears, And it has been the most painful exercise . I keep getting mobbed by thugs on the ledge and getting killed, they run very fast and hit hard.
Fire trap has a lot of delay and there is a cool down time after 3 traps used.

My strategy was to use temporal - and gs or temporal decoy and gs. and use glacial hammer for the tough ones because fire doesn't do much on the ledge.

how on earth are you getting 1200 dps with a ground slam?

Edit:
I had even managed to reset some passives and get unwavering stance. that doesnt prevent me from getting stuck and mobbed and instant killed.
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecCcQSzFCAUTRiRGS4ZhRo4GmwkqiftKU8yiTboNuk6UjwFUEdQUFRJVgRXDVfiWGNZ818_YVJqHnKpdud35XzZgpuDOIZghymMz5BVna6ezZ_Ln9-iAKcIpzCnhKgYrKq53cAaxtjSIdlh2t3fv-Nq5CLnUuw47w7vfPAf8i_z3fZI974=

I have 1800 ish hp with both aura's. and decent skill gems. I was under the impression armor in this game does not do much for damage reduction? I have like 400 ish armor in the defense window.
My Defense Window Screenshot
Spoiler
Domine Non Es Dignus
Last edited by Zinja on Mar 15, 2013, 9:53:04 AM
Zinja,

Taunuk made some very good suggestions, you are definitely going to need to get more HPs and armor on your gear. You have a lot of HP nodes in the skill tree, but they don't do you much good without the hps on the gear to boost up.

Another reason I think you are having trouble with survivability is you are not stunning the mobs with your ground slam because you are not doing enough damage with it. The way this build can get ridiculous damage is stacking elemental damage integers and then getting massive boosts to elemental damage %.

For example:

The Rapture Blow would be main hand, with the Ghoul Knell offhand (because ground slam only uses the main hand weapon the APS and damage on this weapon means nothing). Lets take only lightning damage into account here for the sake of making it easy.

With the main hand weapon and 2 pieces of jewelry I am at 15-185 lightning damage. My offhand weapon is giving me 31% increase to lightning damage, so that bumps it up to ~20-242 lightning damage. You are getting 68% elemental damage from your skill tree to make a total of 99% elemental damage. That would bring our lightning damage total up to ~30-370.

So you can see how stacking the elemental integer damage and elemental damage % can make huge increases to the damage we do.

The next thing you should do is get your attack speed up, because if you are hitting hard enough to stun the mobs, and swinging fast, only blues with a lot of hps and some yellows should be able to get anywhere near you. Also the faster you swing, the faster you will get hps from LOH.

When you do get your elemental integer number up you will notice a much bigger difference with the Weapon Elemental Damage gem.

Edit: Try getting a granite flask or 2 that gives % armor bonus on use, that should also help a lot with keeping you alive.
IGN: Xkyfen
Last edited by Cyfen19 on Mar 15, 2013, 10:42:13 AM
Does the +30% added weapon damage get used with this Scepter in the offhand?

Is it actually 40 because of the +10% implicit?

My buddy gave me this mace and I was anticipating huge DPS increase.

I am currently running with:

Mainhand

and

Offhand

When I equip the Tyrant;s Sekem (has +40% added elemental damage) I actually see a slight dps loss. With the 2 Karui scepters equipped I see 2.14 attacks per second which is nice for multiple reasons, but I wonder if I am missing something.
First of all, i want to say thanks to the creator of this build, because its a lot of fun! , and its very efective with the area control, with mobs, and even bosses. Since im a newbie, im ending act 3 in cruel dif with not too much trouble.

Judo, its seems the system doesnt count the "real dps ground slam damage" accurately, sometimes its show more dps, because your offhand weapon is faster than your mainhand, but Ground slam , only uses your mainhand weapon. so its better to use the windows calc, and get your own conclusions, so if im u, Ill say yes, apocalypse song mace, is very good for an offhand weapon, coz the global 40% ele dmg. and the int bonus. the only weapon really cares for ground slam is your main weapon, secondary can be even a shield (but u loss attack speed),
was using that mace a lot of time coz elemental protection as offhand. also im thinking to use it in merciless for ele resistances.

and for Zinja, your main problem, is you dont have Elemental dmg dps in your gear, if you focus all your gear in that u gonna see a big increase of dmg. Ill trade some orbs and stuff like that, to get my gear, and play without too much trouble, Hope u can compare, and this gonna help u.

As you can see my armor is not high, but ill use two granite flask to compensate this, With ele enemies i dont have problems , atm i have 80% protection to fire and cold, and 60% protection to lighting. Hope this helps bro =)

PD: my ground slam is hitting x 1500 dps i want to see if i can change to a better 1h mace with more ele dmg so i can get a huge increase in dmg.

PD2: im in act 3 cruel barracks. (atm farming cata)

PD3: Ill test inner force, and its like 70 extra dps for 3 points.... for me its a waste... i prefer to get more hp nodes.

PD4: I want to use this at lvl 54. And see if u guys can advice me, if this a good idea or no

Quick attack and i can "morph" 25% physical dmg with the gloves, to ele dmg, but dont know, if the less experience gain, can ruin my game. for the rarity idc. (also u can put the add fire gem, and u can change 50% of your phys dmg to ele)
Last edited by Trakios on Mar 15, 2013, 10:52:17 PM
@Trakios and Taunuk
When you talk about 1200 dps or 1500 dps. can you please post the screen shot of your ground slam window calculation? does it actually show the numbers 1200~1500 in the dps windows

I did manage to make a 5L armor yesterday and ive crafted the rings for more elemental damage.
My changed gears
with Linked GS-WeaponElemental Damage- Faster Attacks - life gain on hit.
Spoiler

The shoes are mainly for the movement speed. untill i can roll a better 4L shoes with speed.

The screen shot of my DPS from Ground slam when running wrath and anger aura its only touching 768. even with a 5L

Spoiler

Domine Non Es Dignus
Spoiler

The problem in your case, to not get such dps in Ground Slam, is basically the rings bro, they re awful, and a lot of dps comes from there, also u dont show any amulet, but u can get a lot of dps, with a good amulet with ele dmg stats...

The rest of your gear looks fine for me, in my case if u compare your gear with mine, All my armor pieces, gives to me, some ele dmg u should try to focus in that way, and u should be fine. Weapons are fine, chest, and belt is ok. rings u need to replace them!, amulet idk , coz i dont see it. And only if u want, change your helm and gloves, for someones with +ele dmg on it.
Last edited by Trakios on Mar 16, 2013, 1:38:00 AM
I see it now , Thanks. I guess is should farm some chaos orbs and try to roll good elemental damage on rings and onyx amulet.
Domine Non Es Dignus

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info