[0.10.1g] The Groundshocker: Dual-Wield Elemental Ground Slam Marauder

"
Leriel wrote:
"
Zinja wrote:
looks like some one did
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LP9BiBKei0c

if it increases your dps x3 straight up..
less stun though - but then again not sure how necessary would it be vs kill speed

Less stun, but stun more often seems like a good trade. Ontop of the straight DPS boost, since this build is mostly elemental damage, correct?
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
I've made a similar built. But as you wrote, you have only 3000 health.

I tried to get more life (4k+) and took duelist life nodes for it, maybe a goal for you.
Thoughts on new unique rapier...?

1.55 AS and 50%+ resists is great at least for pre-Merciless.
Multistrike does not increase your dps x3. it it also has a huge downside of 40% less physical damage. so its 40% less damage with each hit. making it only an 80% increase. I switched out concentrated effect for this on a 5L. concentrated effect gives me 6K dps. but with this i only get 4K dps.

I made a mistake of believing to much in the whole speed boost thing and changed my game style of not throwing in a decoy totem first. a mob of void bears with high elemental resist is enough to get you killed. I use life gain on hit ... which scales with ground slam (70% effectiveness ) to provide 29* life on one hit = 87 life on gs cast. but this is in no way enough to tank the damage head on and keep slamming. I have been considering the vaal pact route to counter the elemental reflection of mobs in maps but it seems pretty risky because you don't recover unless you actually hit something.

As it stands a 4K dps from multistrike linked GS and a life leach of 6% is 240 life. but this is of a flask effect. i wonder if any one has q 20 life leach to see if that is a lot faster than normal life leech.
Domine Non Es Dignus
Last edited by Zinja on Apr 12, 2013, 12:12:17 AM
This is an elemental damage build....not phys...so Multi is great.
Ive hit a wall or rather a break even point with my setup [ elemental ground slam]
Spoiler

if i try to swap out life gain for life leech i die instantly due to not recovering life fast enough in mobs. my life gain on hit is 90 per use of gs while gs cost is 72. dps nearing 5K.

Any thing i try to do further it increases my mana cost exponentially making it unviable to use life gain or life leech unless i have vaal pact. Anythign meaning try to get 6L and conc effect or try to get blood magic gem ( freaking 245% mana multplier cost ) i dont even know if the keystone bloodmagic has the same mana cost multplier as gem cost.

and i dont know how viable Vaal Pact is. considering if you dont try to face roll and get hit without doing any damage you die. if you do try to face roll and your dps does not topup the damage taken per sec you still die.
Domine Non Es Dignus
The solution is simple: You shouldn't level your Ground Slam gem. You can bring it to level 3 but that's it. Why? At level 3 Ground Slam still costs 10 Mana per use and leveling it only increases your physical damage. But since this is an elemental damage build, you don't need to level your Ground Slam gem past level 3 or at all. And the Blood Magic keystone in the passive skill tree does not have that mana cost multiplier (correct me if i'm wrong) which the Blood Magic gem has. And don't forget that LoH is now affected by the damage effectiveness of a gem.

Since Ground Slam has a damage effectiveness of 70%, LoH only gives you 70% of the life per hit the tooltip shows you on the gem. Your LoH gem gives you +40 life per each enemy hit. Now reduce that by 30% and you end up with only +28 life per each enemy hit. To solve this problem you can buy a quality LoH gem. Or you buy a quality Life Leech gem. It's your choice.
I will try to get quality LGoH.

I have respec'ed my build to get more defense. I was getting 1 shot by kole.
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecCcQSzBS0MfQ6tEH8UIBRNGJEY2xkuGYUaOBpsIWAkqiftKLUpTymlMgkyiTboNuk6UjwFQKBDnEbXUEdQUFRJVcZWBFcNV-JYY1nzXz9gS2CIYVJnvWoecql07XTxdud35XrvfNmCm4M4hmCHKYuMjM-PRpBVm6Gdrp7Nn8uf36IApwinMKeEqBisqriTud3AGsaextjPZdDQ0iHZYdrd37_hc-Nq5CLnUuw47SDvDu9O73zyL_Pd9kg=

Looks like I would have to make do with a 5K dps on GS and pray to get a 6L so i can use a BM gem and run the aura's on mana.

I dream of getting it to 114 skill points at some point.
to make the final build
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecCcQSzBS0MfQ6tEH8UIBRNGJEY2xkuGYUaOBpsIWAkqiftKLUpTymlMgkyiTboNuk6UjwFQKBDnEbXUEdQUFRJVcZWBFcNV-JYY1nzXz9gS2CIYVJnvWoecql07XTxdud35XrvfNmCm4M4hmCHKYuMjM-PRpBVm6Gdrp7Nn8uf36IApwinMKeEqBisqriTud3AGsaextjPZdDQ0iHZYdrd37_hc-Nq5CLnUuw47SDvDu9O73zyL_Pd9kjr7u5vv9VEnrBz7Lbx9FO7nrkWb_AfZ-KmPlz0VamXtKy6Pfx8uCku
Domine Non Es Dignus
Ok love this build so far, I'm lvl 77 now and got 3369 dps, 77% all res, and my attack time is 0.16 sec. Is it good to get more attck speed? Seems my dps in publics is not that very good.
Hey, would you mind updating the passive trees? they seem broken for me!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info