[0.10.1g] The Groundshocker: Dual-Wield Elemental Ground Slam Marauder

Don't try to gamble on getting rings with chaos orbs, you can buy a ring with 1-40 lightning dam with other stats for a chaos np. Hell I'll sell you some decent ones for that price.

If you are going to gamble though try to use the highest ilevel rings you can find.
IGN: Xkyfen
Last edited by Cyfen19 on Mar 16, 2013, 9:42:45 AM
Ya u can get trading cheap rings and very good rings x 1 chaos orb instead.
"
Xaxyx wrote:
Those of you furiously using your calculators to verify these numbers, as I have, will also note a very, very curious fact about this skill. Ground Slam lists its damage effectiveness as 70%. This factor does indeed apply to the physical damage delivered by the skill. However, *it does not apply* to the elemental damage delivered by the skill. That's right, folks -- elemental damage is non-normalized on this attack. Bug? Feature? You be the judge.

How did you come to this conclusion? The tooltip and the character sheet window for Ground Slam both show the elemental damage reduced by Damage Effectiveness, and without a combat log or floating combat text it seems very difficult to determine if the damage you are delivering is different than the tooltip. Just curious your method for testing/determining that the elemental damage isn't suffering from the Damage Effectiveness reduction.
How do you get enough INT to equip Scepters?
Preliator,

I noticed the same thing as you. The 70% damage does apply to the elemental damage as well. Maybe this wasn't always the case, or the OP was just mistaken.

thatguylester,

The build works its way into the Templar tree and then towards Static Blows, which is pretty much in the NW corner of the skill tree. You should get plenty of int nodes that way to equip sceptres and have no problem upgrading your auras. I think I have a total of 110 int from nodes at this point at level 64.

I can't get enough of this char. He levels ridiculously fast, with very little risk of death because only unique mobs and a few blue and yellows with a very large hp pool can even get anywhere near me. I feel a little squishy when things do get close, but I do not have armor on my gloves or helmet and very little on my boots right now. Nothing that running 2 granite flasks can't fix to be honest. Magic reflect is the only thing that has killed me. I can avoid it if I am paying attention, but 2 swings on a big pack and I'm dead.

I'm looking for suggestions on single target attacks. I am using Heavy Strike right now and it seems to do pretty good. I wanted to use Elemental Hit, but this build is a little too dex starved to pull it off. I also plan on running 2 bear traps when I get my sockets right.

IGN: Xkyfen
Dual strike is higher dmg, dual wielder, or u can use Glaciar Hammer, for the shatter effect
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3yL6gYah7ZYRkuJ-2sqnKpfNlXDdIhns2nMAHnNug6Ut-_WfPAGpBVp4QaOOw4V-J35TKJBLMUTYM473w8BZ_fdueLjOFz7SBG1ylPgpvkIhpsna6nCNrdhymGYFYEYVIyCZ_L2CQ2xR8CBAeXlZf0UlM9X49G0NCboWe9FCBQRxiRyZjz3aIA8B8ZhSSqNunjas9l7m9VxhZvYIgote9OQKAhYHTxGNtDnA6tKaWeuRIgVamXtKy6
Would there be any good shield alternatives with good global mods for elemental damage? / global attack speed. Iv been looking at angelic kite shield and it has some pretty decent elemental resistances.
Domine Non Es Dignus
Last edited by Zinja on Mar 19, 2013, 2:31:46 AM
Im using a shield too. better survival with this one

Sometimes i block some attacks too.-
@Trakios
"
Trakios wrote:
First of all, i want to say thanks to the creator of this build, because its a lot of fun! , and its very efective with the area control, with mobs, and even bosses. Since im a newbie, im ending act 3 in cruel dif with not too much trouble.

Judo, its seems the system doesnt count the "real dps ground slam damage" accurately, sometimes its show more dps, because your offhand weapon is faster than your mainhand, but Ground slam , only uses your mainhand weapon. so its better to use the windows calc, and get your own conclusions, so if im u, Ill say yes, apocalypse song mace, is very good for an offhand weapon, coz the global 40% ele dmg. and the int bonus. the only weapon really cares for ground slam is your main weapon, secondary can be even a shield (but u loss attack speed),
was using that mace a lot of time coz elemental protection as offhand. also im thinking to use it in merciless for ele resistances.

But isnt the 50% aspd a global aspd mod? how are you differentiating between global vs local aspd mods on that septre ?
Domine Non Es Dignus

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info