[0.10.1g] The Groundshocker: Dual-Wield Elemental Ground Slam Marauder

I was using that mace for the attack speed when i was dual wielder ( i have x2 of these

The item doesnt offer higher dmg, but its has a lot of attack speed, so i can permastun mobs, and the elemental resistances of the both weapons are applied. I was wearing that items, in normal difficulty and some cruel instances, for the protection. for me its a valid choice of offhand weapon, because the elemental resistances, but im using a shield now.

Also if u re dual wielder u have a default bonus to attack speed. but in merciless dificulty it fits better for my playstile using a shield.

The global mods of an weapon are the first one u see.

The global effects in this case are 20% elemental dmg for the first mace, and for brightbeak 20% stun increased duration...the rest dont count for ground slam because its takes all attributes for the main hand only.... (ground slam only uses your main hand weapon) so u can use any offhand weapon (another mace for the 20% ele dmg), Brightbeak, for the protection (attack speed dont go added to ground slam, but if u use dual strike it counts, because dual strike, use both weapons) shield for protection, or any other 1h weapon of your choice.

Last edited by Trakios on Mar 19, 2013, 6:08:09 PM
Ok, well I have played a build very similar to this up to level 74 now on my templar and it is pretty nice but I guess like anything you need great gear for it to really shine. Soloing Maps is a little questionable, but it is doable. After getting my ass handed to me when I first focused on more damage (I ended up having to wear a shield most of the time anyhow), I decided that no matter what I want to duel wield since that is the main purpose. I ended up taking the points away from the witch tree (blast radius) and going deep into the duelist area to pick up duel wield block and a couple attack speed nodes along the way. Since I've done that, things have been much, much smoother. Just some food for thought.

Here is a link to my current passive tree: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABLMFLQVbDjwUIBRNFHEYkRkuGYUabBvIJIsn7Si1KU8yCTKJNJM6UjrYPAU9D0CgQzFG11BHUFBUSVXGVgRXDVfiWGNeE18_YEtgiGFSY3BnvWoecql07Xbnd-V673y7fNl99YKbgziE74Zgi4yMz49Gm6Gdrp7Nn8uf36IApwinMKgYrKq2QbndvqfEFcT2xtjPZdDQ0iHZYd-_4XPkIudS7DjtIO5v7w7vTu987-PwH_Iv8932SA==

I plan on getting the 4% more block and then stacking more HP. I've experimented with high armour and it seemed kind of useless since most mobs don't get that close and when they did they still hit like a truck.

Also for my fellow slammers, I have some of my old gear left if any of you guys need some items to help level up. Very reasonable prices: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/270127

If anyone has questions or anything my IGN is: Copenhagensnuff
Last edited by HecklerCope on Mar 19, 2013, 6:46:17 PM
Oh yeah and a suggestion about gearing. A crest of perandus can be found for dirt cheap and you can use it pretty much all the way through merciless while you gear up. A cheap way to get a very good offhand sceptre is to find a 20% ele damage white sceptre (crystal I believe, quartz, opal) higher ilevel the better. A lot of times you can get a high ilevel crystal for next to nothing and then just do the old orb of transmutation / alteration method until you get around 50% total ele dam and lightning / fire / cold dmg %.
did u refer to this shield ?
hahaha im using it :P

your build seems a lot of fun, I agreed to , to get only "shock slam", and then go to more speed attack / or shield block chance , very good advices

I add u to F/L
What I suggest to low level players who are generally not going to have the high rated items with huge enough bonuses to equip some of the nicer gear I suggest grabbing the Savant and Agilty keystones as shown in the link and you can refund them later as 99% of you will have at least 4 points you can refund by the time you grab them as they allow you to equip some nicer items such as better scepters or maces early game and you can refund later. As well as level your anger a bit more. hope this helps. http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAecEsxRNGS4aOCftMok26DpSPAU9D1BQVElXDVfiWGNZ818_ah5yqXflfNl99YM4jM-QVZ7Nn9-nMKeEqBisqrndwBrEFcT2xtjSIdlh37_nUuw47w7vfPIv9kg=
Hi Guys,

My slammer is doing pretty well, just got to lvl 62, at Docks in Merc now just few questions to see what u think of my build so far and my gear. Although i feel is damage is pretty good atm until i can get 6L armor to improve that, he is rather squishy when monsters get close, this maybe due to the lack of HP nodes ive taken.. but will be taking from now... bit like a glass cannon lol

This is my gear:

I do have Brightbreak hammer too when i need more res and this is quite nice for that and the attack speed on that wep is insane!! I def need better armor.. i am really waiting for 6l.. but this could be a long time lol Better gloves.... and better ring .... what do you guys think? One problem is i dont have any cold dmg...

I have 3.16 Attacks per second with that wep,

But i mainly use what i have posted stats with that are:

DPS for ground slam is: 2659.2
Attack speed is 2.82
Resistance in Merc: 75/75/35/-60
Life is :2213 :(

My current passive skill tree - http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecEBwSzFCAUTRkuGYUaOBpsHwIkqiftKLUpTzIJMok2ujbFNug26TpSPAU9X0bXUEdQUFJTVElWBFcNV-JYY1nzXz9giGFSah5yqXbnd-V82YKbgziGYIuMjM-QVZeVna6ezZ_Ln9-iAKcIpzCnhKgYrKq53cAaxtjSIdgk2WHfv-Fz42rkIudS7DjtIO8O707vfPAf8i_2SA==

My interpretation from this is, i need to get static Blows and more Hp nodes.... with my current attack speed im pretty much stun locking most monsters so that's why i haven't got it yet, but i like the idea of going for Inner force at later date and see how much that increases my dmg!

But yea that's my build so far.. really liking this char at the moment, very enjoyable stun locking monsters.. looks like their dancing! :P

Cheers

IGN=Barrys_Slammer
Last edited by PegLegPredator on Mar 21, 2013, 8:39:00 AM
PegLegPredator:

Your problem is the same one I ran into, and its the lack of physical damage reduction in this build. Considering how weak this build is to any form of physical damage, I'm surprised the OP hadn't discussed it further.

There are several ways to solve this issue. One is to get Iron Reflexes, run grace, and wear some (or all) evasion armor (I already had an evasion 5L and other gear so this worked good for me). It also depends how determined you are (like I am) to get 3 red sockets on a piece of straight evasion gear ;) I am going for 3R-2B-1G at this time (GS>Weapon elemental>LGoH>Increased Aoe>Concentrated effect>Faster attacks) because while not impossible, some people may not want to invest as much as effort as I do.

You can also opt to grab the 6 nearby nodes for %Armor (Armour mastery and Steel skin) and wear Str/Armor gear. I might try this option aswell, but I feel I get more bang for my passive points from IR/Grace/Eva gear (I could be totally wrong).

Or you can just grab more hp but you will still get nailed by any form of physical damage. Those little hits add up fast. Personally I thought it very annoying the rangers/rock throwers were hitting me so hard, and getting Iron reflexes has definitely fixed that for me.

For reference I am also working my way through Act 3 merciless on this character.

Depending on how helpful inner force turns out to be, I could end up with something like this:

I may or may not try inner force and I may adjust exactly which hp nodes I will get, or nodes elsewhere but hopefully you get the idea of where I'm headed here.

tl;dr:

Get some armor. Don't let anything touch you (If you can help it).
Last edited by toazd on Mar 21, 2013, 8:45:05 AM
Hi Toazd,

Thanks for your reply very helpful and good ideas :)

Would u mind showing what gear you have regarding evasion, may i ask what life you have and what lvl you are ?

That is the big problem with this build, any physical attacks kill me very quickly... currently using granite flask for my "oh shit button" but even then, they still hit hard as hell!

yea im currently gonna try saving up for 6L but like i said earlier this could be while until i find few good items for trade.

You think my gear is ok?

cheers

Barrys_Slammer
PegLetPredator:

Level 57, 2109 health (325 reserved), 2765 armor (40%) with this build currently:

I can't wear all my evasion gear until I reach level 59 (it all has much better HP/evasion than what I am wearing now) but for now iron reflexes and only 2 evasion pieces have made a HUGE difference to the hits I can take (of course I try to avoid taking hits altogether, but you can and will get hit of course).

I am only wearing 2 evasion pieces at this time, and in 2 levels all my gear except my boots and weapons will change, so I can link them later if you want - let me know.

I've already used Iron reflexes on 2 other characters so I already know it is very useful for some cheap armor.

Just as a tip but a plain granite flask won't help much at all (only 4k armor). The mods that you get on it should suit your build. For example this is one that I will use:

Like I said before, this definitely solved my physical damage problem, and that was the point - be able to take the few small hits here and there - You must always avoid big hits. Depending on where you want to spend your passive points though, you may choose a different way to solve yours.

One thing you should know is that as you level up, you have to keep increasing your evasion (armor) for it to be useful. This is a common problem I've seen. A person will get a certain amount of armor at one level, and think it will be good until the end when in fact you need to maintain it as you level.

I will either settle for staying with 4L ground slam (lets face it, its fine with only 4), or I will keep putting forth the effort to get 3R on my evasion chest (I will probably go this way because I can, and it would be awesome). If I keep my ground slam 4L, I will probably use my 5L for some sort of spell totem. My whole point is, keep on top of your armor, don't let it continue to diminish in value each level without addressing it. If you want a useful amount of armor when farming maps, you need to put forth the effort to get it (passives/gear/etc.). In the end it makes a huge difference if you do it correctly.

Be sure to use the skill planner and research your options in case you choose a different way to get armor, and most of all good luck and have fun!

Edit: I do not know how much armor the 6 armor nodes (+ str/armor gear) would provide at the map farming level. I would be interested to know if it is 'enough' to deal with the minor physical hits. If you don't have gear waiting for you, perhaps you want to try this route? If I did I would save 3 points, but I would lose 1 Diamond skin, and Golems blood (and thus access to 8x8x12% life nodes). If I find more str/armor gear by the time I am farming maps with this character, I will be able todo some better math to see if its worth respeccing out of iron reflexes. Until then I will go with what I know will work.

Edit2: Just FYI but when I fill out a build I typically save most of the health nodes until later to fill out. I just play safe and smart so I do not need large amounts of health. If you make mistakes a lot or have a bad connection (lag), you may want to fill out the health first as a precaution. Enfeeble is very useful for unique bosses. I am also a big fan of Dominating blow/conversion trap. There are a lot of options to deal with all situations, explore and find what you prefer.

FYI my IGN (SC) for my ele/GS marauder is Golgalith if you want to chat in game. I am thinking about rerolling this character though (I did and his name is ChipRubble). I created this build from a marauder that was reset in a patch just to try it out, and in cruel act 2 he had chosen the 12% physical bonus from oak (for the build he was using before the patch reset his passive points). I could really use the extra passive point instead the more I adapt this build to my playstyle.
Last edited by toazd on Mar 21, 2013, 11:48:34 AM
"
Hi Toazd,

Thanks for your reply very helpful and good ideas :)

Would u mind showing what gear you have regarding evasion, may i ask what life you have and what lvl you are ?

That is the big problem with this build, any physical attacks kill me very quickly... currently using granite flask for my "oh shit button" but even then, they still hit hard as hell!

yea im currently gonna try saving up for 6L but like i said earlier this could be while until i find few good items for trade.

You think my gear is ok?

cheers

Barrys_Slammer

Pertaining to your gear choices:

I recommend that you read every piece of information on the first page. Read it carefully. The tool-tip and character page for attack speed and dps for ground slam are misleading and its very important for you to understand as far as what gear you use, and your main hand weapon.
Last edited by toazd on Mar 21, 2013, 12:18:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info