[3.5] League Starter W.O.E Sund Slayer / 35c Day 1 Cost / U-Lab Sprinter / High Damage Mitigation

"
Adambjjoz wrote:
"
Autofire2 wrote:
Thanks, that's some incredibly solid info there! I'm going to properly parse it soon, but my main question was: how do I switch from this character to a new one? Your guide does explicitly say that this build is not for endgame content, but for easily farming so that you CAN get a build for endgame content.

Would I have to level, say, the witch character all over again to be able to use her as an endgame mapper? Is there a way to respec or something?

I'm not really sure what you are asking? I was referring to just starting a new character from scratch.

If you have an existing levelled Witch already though, then you just re-spec it to the skill nodes you do actually want with it now, by refunding skill node points in your skill tree screen. You can also buy 40 Regret Orbs from poe.trade (will cost you around 32c-35c total, currently) to refund an entire 8-node Ascendancy class, which you can then just apply fully into one of the other two ascendancy class options for your character.

Sorry, yes, starting a new character from scratch is what I meant. It's my first league, I was hoping there was a way to spend the money earned with build A to do build B very very quickly (basically fly through the leveling stage).

I suppose if I want to do it the slow way, I could get a Shaper kill in Standard, even when the league rolls over?

Or can shared item stashes etc. make it very fast to level a new character?

Thank you, genuinely, for the detailed replies-I know this is getting OT a bit for the Sunder Slayer Guide. And thanks again for the build, I've had a blast with it so far!
The fastest way to fly through the levelling proces (Act 1 - Act 10) is to buy your new character "Twink Gear", which is gear planned out that you'll equip along the way as you level up, which will help you stomp through the low level content. It's often like 10c top's for all the twink levelling gear any new character needs at this point in the season. The Twink levelling gear is listed in most build guides here.

Then what you do is start the new character, head to the first town and equip what you need. Then from there, you join any open public party that is moving through the acts and levelling. This will shave easily 30%-70% off the time it would take to level the A1-10 stages solo. If poeple in the party drop out, just join a new one as they become available. Almost everyone does this with any 2nd or later character in any given league, so it shouldn't be too difficult to do.

Also, your not even close to being too late in to the league to do anything. There's still something like 7 weeks left in this league, all though the dev's did say today they were planning special "race event's" for the last 4 weeks of this league (1-10 day race competitions where they mod the event to just spew loot and bad guys galore, then allow you to keep all the loot and currency, transferring it back to standard), should you wish to join any of them. As an added extra bonus, this character build here is actually pretty good for race leagues, so you can take the experience you have making this build over the last few weeks and then level it way faster in a race event.
"
Adambjjoz wrote:
The fastest way to fly through the levelling proces (Act 1 - Act 10) is to buy your new character "Twink Gear", which is gear planned out that you'll equip along the way as you level up, which will help you stomp through the low level content. It's often like 10c top's for all the twink levelling gear any new character needs at this point in the season. The Twink levelling gear is listed in most build guides here.

Then what you do is start the new character, head to the first town and equip what you need. Then from there, you join any open public party that is moving through the acts and levelling. This will shave easily 30%-70% off the time it would take to level the A1-10 stages solo. If poeple in the party drop out, just join a new one as they become available. Almost everyone does this with any 2nd or later character in any given league, so it shouldn't be too difficult to do.

Also, your not even close to being too late in to the league to do anything. There's still something like 7 weeks left in this league, all though the dev's did say today they were planning special "race event's" for the last 4 weeks of this league (1-10 day race competitions where they mod the event to just spew loot and bad guys galore, then allow you to keep all the loot and currency, transferring it back to standard), should you wish to join any of them. As an added extra bonus, this character build here is actually pretty good for race leagues, so you can take the experience you have making this build over the last few weeks and then level it way faster in a race event.

Thank you, very much!

I have asked on the build you linked about Twink gear because that guide didn't say anything yet, and in the meantime am running white and yellow maps to get a feel and just finished my first Uber Lab! This build is great in it, I haven't even upgraded my gear and have terrible life but it still works.

I do need to figure out the "offerings to the goddess" economy, since 4 chaos is a little steep per run? I got the Vengeance Damage 40% implicit mod to my Rat's Nest, which I assume isn't worth much since I can't see it listed.
Last edited by Autofire2 on Apr 11, 2018, 3:42:54 PM
The current most sought after enchants (in order) are:

Tornado Shot
Barrage
Righteous Fire
Scorching Ray
Reave
Cyclone

Hey guys, I have to wonder if I'm doing something wrong.

I just hit level 70, I have all the uniques required, and I'm having a lot of trouble in uber lab.

I just tried it twice, and I died to Izaro pretty easily. my damage was hitting him, but it looked like I needed to hit him for a solid 1-2 mins for him to get to the next phase.

I'm not entirely sure how to link my character here, but I do have around 4200 life.
"
Soulblazerz wrote:

I just hit level 70, I have all the uniques required, and I'm having a lot of trouble in uber lab.

I just tried it twice, and I died to Izaro pretty easily. my damage was hitting him, but it looked like I needed to hit him for a solid 1-2 mins for him to get to the next phase.

I'm not entirely sure how to link my character here, but I do have around 4200 life.

We can't see your character because it's private. Go to privacy settings on your account and change it.
"
zug0 wrote:
"
Soulblazerz wrote:

We can't see your character because it's private. Go to privacy settings on your account and change it.

Ah, sorry about that, it should be set to public now.

I hit level 75, and I've since gotten the ascendaries I was missing. Didn't get a change to try uber Izaro again though, DCed a room before I got to him...

I did get a few more of the dps nodes, and I'm started to upgrade my gems quality wise.
"
Soulblazerz wrote:
"
zug0 wrote:
"
Soulblazerz wrote:

Ah, sorry about that, it should be set to public now.

I hit level 75, and I've since gotten the ascendaries I was missing. Didn't get a change to try uber Izaro again though, DCed a room before I got to him...

I did get a few more of the dps nodes, and I'm started to upgrade my gems quality wise.

Lol... Dude, check the mods on your belt... everything else is correct, you should take the scion life node ring. And prob with better life on gloves and ring you will get above 5k. The scion life ring will leave you with 4.7k life.

To get above 6k life yo need to push to 90 at least and grab more life nodes or insane expensive rings+gloves which i don't think are worth for what the build is supposed to do.

btw, you don't need quality on sunder because it doesn't improve your damage. You should focus on leveling gems with 20% quality only when they increase your damage or survivability.

I have 2 characters with this build, one on this league (Tholbuld) and one in standard from last league (Kendasyl). You can check'em if you need.
Last edited by zug0 on Apr 13, 2018, 4:32:24 PM
Omg...

You. Have. Got. To. Be. Kidding me...

Goddamn. I just looked at the stats and figured, huh, this is a pretty good unique, wonder why they don't use it.

Goddamnit...

Thanks a ton man, I literally would have NEVER caught that.

By scion life node ring, you mean the group of life nodes that are together, correct?

And thanks again man, seriously.

Edit: So just checked by removing the belt, and my sunder dps goes from 15k to 53k...

For those of you wondering, I had equipped Dyadian Dawn belt, and one of the modifiers was "deal no physical damage"...
Last edited by Soulblazerz on Apr 13, 2018, 4:37:23 PM
"
Soulblazerz wrote:
Omg...

You. Have. Got. To. Be. Kidding me...

Goddamn. I just looked at the stats and figured, huh, this is a pretty good unique, wonder why they don't use it.

Goddamnit...

Thanks a ton man, I literally would have NEVER caught that.

By scion life node ring, you mean the group of life nodes that are together, correct?

And thanks again man, seriously.

lol, no problem dude. yep, the cluster of life nodes together. I just edited my post with some more info also.

By just removing your belt you will almost quadruple your DPS. lol, you gonna feel the difference instantaneously

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info