[3.5] League Starter W.O.E Sund Slayer / 35c Day 1 Cost / U-Lab Sprinter / High Damage Mitigation

"
Adambjjoz wrote:
"
danped89 wrote:
So from your eye of sight, i should make a new character?

No, I never said or indicated that.

"
danped89 wrote:
btw, i did follow the entire skill tree, thats why i dont know why i lose mana when hit. But seems like i changed that a little after using 3 passive to get some mana reg when hitting. Is there any chance, that you might find the time to see what i did wrong in the skill tree, must be something in there i messed up.

You still haven't followed the skill tree in the build guide, you still don't have the correct gear, you still don't have the proper jewels & you still don't have the correct flasks being used.

You simply need to actually read and follow the build guide.
what gear do i not have? i know i need the flask and jewels for the skill tree tho, but i have WoE, BoR, carnage and atziris boots on the build now?

and im pretty confused, i should have followed the skill tree? those imgur images?
Last edited by danped89 on Apr 1, 2018, 7:54:41 PM
"
danped89 wrote:
what gear do i not have? i know i need the flask and jewels for the skill tree tho, but i have WoE, BoR, carnage and atziris boots on the build now? and im pretty confused, i should have followed the skill tree? those imgur images?

As per repeated previous comments, follow the build guide. It's all there in painstaking detail.

I've already provided the answers to your questions. If you haven't chosen to follow the build, take the skill nodes required and take the items required for the character, then there is no help we can offer you.
Still no one tried this with Kaom's Heart and 6L WoE? With maybe Devoto's Helm?
"
Still no one tried this with Kaom's Heart and 6L WoE? With maybe Devoto's Helm?

You will lose 50% of the DPS of ancestral warchief and maybe jump from 6k to 7.5k life... see no point. I used this build with a 6link WoE last league to clear high tier maps, but it really shines to farm lab quickly. If you want you can just search for my character using PoB and change it around.
"
You will lose 50% of the DPS of ancestral warchief and maybe jump from 6k to 7.5k life... see no point. I used this build with a 6link WoE last league to clear high tier maps, but it really shines to farm lab quickly. If you want you can just search for my character using PoB and change it around.

You used AW in the 6L WoE for mapping? I just feel like there must be a way to utilise 6L WoE with Sunder while getting some extra movespeed/defense/offense from a decent helm and armour combination. Maybe 6L WoE Sunder, 6L AW with Blind in a chest and an offensive helm?

A little extra movespeed would really help make this build feel less clunky. It tanks and stomps pretty well up to T13 as is but would be nice to go beyond that somehow.

It's great offensively and defensively for U-Lab but Leap Slam is so clunky in lab sometimes.

Maybe I'm asking too much of the build, but I believe in it. It's the safest I've ever felt in U-Lab. Just trying to think of ways to improve it.
"
"

You used AW in the 6L WoE for mapping? I just feel like there must be a way to utilise 6L WoE with Sunder while getting some extra movespeed/defense/offense from a decent helm and armour combination. Maybe 6L WoE Sunder, 6L AW with Blind in a chest and an offensive helm?

A little extra movespeed would really help make this build feel less clunky. It tanks and stomps pretty well up to T13 as is but would be nice to go beyond that somehow.

It's great offensively and defensively for U-Lab but Leap Slam is so clunky in lab sometimes.

Maybe I'm asking too much of the build, but I believe in it. It's the safest I've ever felt in U-Lab. Just trying to think of ways to improve it.

Nope, I used sunder on 6-link WoE and AW on the BoR. i did the character pretty late on the last league (last month) and got so much currency that I just wanted to use a 6 link WoE. AW gave me around 60k dps on BoR + around 170k DPS from sunder on the WoE.
Hi! First season of POE for me, and loving it. In large part I think because of how fun this build is. Cheers!

I'm now at the beginning of the endgame (finishing up tier 1-5 maps) and I was wondering if it would be more profitable to run Uber Lab. I've got about 150 CC from a few hours mapping, much more than I made in the entire game before that.

And if so, how do I make the money exactly? Get those specific items listed in the guides, and keep trying to get good Uber enchantments, and then sell?

Note I haven't unlocked the Uber lab yet, only 1 trial has shown up, but I assume I can beg someone for their portals XD
"
Autofire2 wrote:
Hi! First season of POE for me, and loving it. In large part I think because of how fun this build is. Cheers!

I'm now at the beginning of the endgame (finishing up tier 1-5 maps) and I was wondering if it would be more profitable to run Uber Lab. I've got about 150 CC from a few hours mapping, much more than I made in the entire game before that.

And if so, how do I make the money exactly? Get those specific items listed in the guides, and keep trying to get good Uber enchantments, and then sell?

Note I haven't unlocked the Uber lab yet, only 1 trial has shown up, but I assume I can beg someone for their portals XD

Depend's what you want to do next, really.

There's all sorts of methods for making money. You can just sprint through low level maps or the Merc Lab to collect currency drops and %-quality skill gems really fast. Or you can run the Lab for enchanting helms and the currency drops you get on the way. You can farm higher tier maps and sell the map drops you get in them for profit, seeing as map values are so high this league. Alternatively you can do things like use the Dialla's Malefaction body armour chest piece in this build to level up alt-skill gem's of your choice to level up a total of 12 gems at the same time (Skill Gem's take about 4-6 hours of grinding L62+ zones or T1+ maps to go from L1-L20 and gems like the "Purity of Elements", "Determination" and "Block Chance Reduction" will sell for 20-30 chaos each with no quality on them at all, while other gem's at L20 with 16% quality or better will sell for double that amount, gem's that you apply a Vaal Orb once at L20 can corrupt to a L21-23 roll and their worth multiple Exalt's each).

150c is easily enough money to cover purchasing pretty much everything for a tanky end-game boss killer that can stomp every map through Tier 16 and handle all the map mods there are. Something like a Burning Spectres Summoner will do that for you, no hassles: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1971585/page/1

Otherwise, 150c is also easily enough money to get going with most of the gear and a couple of basics needed for a speed-clearing low tier map Magic Find character like this: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2074126/page/1, otherwise you could always follow the excellent Magic Find Bow or Wander guide's from Marty (https://www.youtube.com/user/martinio/videos) or Grimro (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW-hxsDOLJ_F9ZMoh_izpRQ/videos). It's well worth checking out Marty's "Rags to Riches" series on his youtube profile - he starts a Magic Find wander character from L1 and levels it to L70, then shows how he spends 2 hours a day mapping over the course of 7 straight days to build & gear out the character to it's max, while making just shy of 100 exalts worth of currency and profit. He does it all in Hardcore mode no less too, where currency and profit/sales are even harder to come by. It's a 6-8 part video series, each vid is 5-10min long showing the build guide, levelling process and then daily updates.

Otherwise, the alternate route is you can go hybrid with your approach, like I've done this season. After spending a week or so with this build as my league starter, I then spent around 160c buying all the gear needed for the above mentioned Burning Spectre Summoner build and then once I progressed through the mapping to high tier maps, I purchased for dead cheap on poe.trade all the ridiculously modded maps no normal builds could do & used the profits from doing that to buy a couple of Ventor's Gambles rings and an amulet with a 7% Quant roll (yes, you could just buy a Bisco's amulet instead) and use them on my Summoner build - as that build doesn't even need anything other than basic rings and any amulet. The process is a bit slow, but magic finding on Tier 12-16 maps can be ridiculously profitable, as instead of a heap of low value currency and items dropping, it's higher value currencies and items dropping. Besides, there's really not that many builds at all that can quickly farm high tier maps, so it doesn't really matter in the end.

The other Hybrid option is to take one of the above listed Magic Find builds (like what I'm now doing) and simply replace the Bisco's Belt you equip on them for a fully-decked out Stygian Vise belt with a Life/Armour/Evasion jewel put in it. You then run slightly higher tier maps solo, or use it for it's real purpose - the ability to survive in red maps while being the "magic find" character in any random public group game. I managed to level my current Deadeye MF character from L73-86 inside of a single afternoon the other day & earned a couple 100 chaos worth of currency drops and 6-slot drops along the way. Another hybrid option is to simply make a cheap and basic Magic Find character and then farm the Merciless Lab with it, simply quitting & resetting the lab whenever you get far enough into it that there's a level full of traps and low on enemies/loot. The Merc Lab is the most dense area in the game that's L68 or under, including Tier 1 maps and the L61 Aquaduct and it's often filled with strongboxes and other lab specific loot, too.
Last edited by Adambjjoz on Apr 7, 2018, 9:36:38 PM
Thanks, that's some incredibly solid info there! I'm going to properly parse it soon, but my main question was: how do I switch from this character to a new one? Your guide does explicitly say that this build is not for endgame content, but for easily farming so that you CAN get a build for endgame content.

Would I have to level, say, the witch character all over again to be able to use her as an endgame mapper? Is there a way to respec or something?
"
Autofire2 wrote:
Thanks, that's some incredibly solid info there! I'm going to properly parse it soon, but my main question was: how do I switch from this character to a new one? Your guide does explicitly say that this build is not for endgame content, but for easily farming so that you CAN get a build for endgame content.

Would I have to level, say, the witch character all over again to be able to use her as an endgame mapper? Is there a way to respec or something?

I'm not really sure what you are asking? I was referring to just starting a new character from scratch.

If you have an existing levelled Witch already though, then you just re-spec it to the skill nodes you do actually want with it now, by refunding skill node points in your skill tree screen. You can also buy 40 Regret Orbs from poe.trade (will cost you around 32c-35c total, currently) to refund an entire 8-node Ascendancy class, which you can then just apply fully into one of the other two ascendancy class options for your character.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info