[3.5] League Starter W.O.E Sund Slayer / 35c Day 1 Cost / U-Lab Sprinter / High Damage Mitigation

"
mordecai1103 wrote:
damn seems like Sunder lost 1 support gem with the new BoR change

I'm quite sure it didn't. Blind was level 6, it was brought to level 18. Faster Attacks was level 12, it was brought to level 18. Melee Physical Damage was already at level 18 so that didn't warrant a change and was thus undocumented in patch notes.
Last edited by Wermine on Dec 5, 2018, 9:38:29 AM
What builds do you recommend moving over to as an upgrade for end game content?
So BoR got a Buff and this is making our build even stronger. Am I seeing this correctly? Ok then, its celebration time.
Last edited by Huntleydave on Dec 5, 2018, 9:03:29 PM
"
Wermine wrote:
"
mordecai1103 wrote:
damn seems like Sunder lost 1 support gem with the new BoR change

I'm quite sure it didn't. Blind was level 6, it was brought to level 18. Faster Attacks was level 12, it was brought to level 18. Melee Physical Damage was already at level 18 so that didn't warrant a change and was thus undocumented in patch notes.

HOLY SHIT I totally misread that, I thougt they buffed levels for blind and fa but removed mpd for some reason. probably because it was 4 am at the time. wow, pog guys
Looks like the build has taken some weird nerfs and buffs. Due to GGG's lazy dev decisions in nerfing all leap slam builds, stat sticks and off-handers like they did, the build will play differently now.

Buffs:
- The BOR helm now has upgraded L18 faster attacks and blind supports in-built, upgraded from L12 and L6 respectively. L18 Melee phys damage stays the same.
- The BOR helm now has a whopping 200-220 flat life, up from 120-160 (that's a while item socket worth of additional flat life).

Nerfs:
- Leap-slam was gimped across the board. About an effective 5%-10% reduction in speed.
- The unbelievably short sighted stat-stick nerf extended to all off-handers as well, cutting our effective movement speed by a third while using the alt-weapon slot swap for fast leap-slamming through zones.
- The alt-weapon setup will need to be changed, I'm not sure what too? Probably two Brightbeak's, now.

Possible Nerfs:
- No info provided from GGG on what maps you can farm the div card for the BOR helm.
- No info provided from GGG on what the reduced drop rate or increased rarity is going to be for the BOR helm now.

I'm hesitant to put this forward as a 3.5 leaguestarter now. It's still workable, it's still doable, it will actually do more damage and it will ultimately only add about an extra 1min30sec to 2min to your Uber Lab clear time. The thing is though, I have no clue how available the upgraded BOR helm will be now, or how expensive/cheap it will be either?

Basically TL/DR, we get a 2% base DPS boost (which amounts to more when scaled up with Frenzy/Maim/etc boosts obviously), extra 200 to 250 life to the total life of the build - but our effective move speed through the lab via leap slam is reduced by about a third. So the build is more tanky, does a bit more damage, levels the same, but just has a slower leap slam speed until you get a pair of Elder gloves with the Faster Attacks / Increased Attack Speed suffix on them & you can put the leap slam gem setup in them & move the totem gem setup into the WOE weapon.
Last edited by Adambjjoz on Dec 5, 2018, 10:05:07 PM
I'm going to use this as my league starter. I've done pretty suboptimal starters in the past so I'm fine if things aren't going 100% optimally.

I farmed uber lab a bit with my Mjölner Juggernaut using Shield Charge and Leap Slam as my movement skill (no weapon swap, just regular versions), so I'm used to move a bit slower in the lab.

I'll refresh this thread often and will help others to the best of my ability.
"
Adambjjoz wrote:
I'm hesitant to put this forward as a 3.5 leaguestarter now.

Just curious what will you be going with for league starter yourself?
Build guide updated. Have made some amendments and am now happy to say this is indeed viable for the 3.5 league starting tomorrow.

Just a head's up guys, if the BOR helm is now rarer or suddenly more expensive on day 1/2 of the new league, just run the 6-link Sunder setup for this build in a 16c Tabula Rasa chest and equip a 1c value Ahn's Contempt helmet - you can pop in what ever 4-link "Cast When Damage Taken" defensive setup you like (CWDT L3 / Cold Snap L7 / Temp Chains L7 / Increased Duration L20 - is a good setup for example) to the helm. You'll end up closer to being back at 5100 overall life but you'll have more phys damage mitigation, more armour and a huge QOL boost to us in 50% reduced extra damage from Crit's, which is almost in itself enough to just facetank a fully buffed Uber Izaro.

Good luck to everyone this league, hope you reach your goals no matter what builds you end up settling on.
Last edited by Adambjjoz on Dec 6, 2018, 10:47:31 PM
"
Wermine wrote:
I'm going to use this as my league starter. I've done pretty suboptimal starters in the past so I'm fine if things aren't going 100% optimally.

I farmed uber lab a bit with my Mjölner Juggernaut using Shield Charge and Leap Slam as my movement skill (no weapon swap, just regular versions), so I'm used to move a bit slower in the lab.

I'll refresh this thread often and will help others to the best of my ability.

Thanks mate, I'll still pop in here when I can, too.
Last edited by Adambjjoz on Dec 6, 2018, 10:51:11 PM
"
term wrote:
"
Adambjjoz wrote:
I'm hesitant to put this forward as a 3.5 leaguestarter now.

Just curious what will you be going with for league starter yourself?

My goal for this league is to rush to red maps ASAP and farm the highest level content possible by day 2 so I can grind out master levels, unlock weapon crafting ASAP, take down red Bestiary animals successfully and cruise through the Delve mine. I'll grind that content till I have enough currency to move over to build #2, a Poets Pen HoA Pathfinder. I'm going to use the second build to push solo in the mine past Delve 400. I'm then planning on coming back to this WOE Sunder Slayer build as build #3 for the league, to try and hit some useable enchants on my Poets Pen character's helm/gloves/boots.

So for my first build i need something fast, with high evasion or dodge, that has front-loaded DPS to burst down red tier boss content, that's also cheap. So what I found that ticks all that off in particular as a leaguestarter is the "off-meta" life-based Solar Guards Skellymancer hybrid build. It has some of the fastest shield charge of any build in the game, 7.3K life, you are res-capped, 60% attack dodge, 50% spell dodge, 75% evasion chance, 15% phys damage reduction, the solar guards 1-tap the entire screen of white trash mobs and skellies once levelled up do a whopping 2.3mil DPS. The basic version of the build can be had for less than 1ex, does all the damage of the expensive version, but has a bit less surviveability.

I found a version of it that I'm happy with here: https://pastebin.com/K5L579Gh - the catch is though that there is no build guide for it, or levelling guide (hence it being "off-meta"). Long story short, you level it up like you would a solar guards summoner build, but you buff the skeletons first and worry about the spectres last.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info