ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

Liberals logic:

We should ban bump stock that makes rifle automatic weapon

"Trump bans Bump stock after they have been used in shootings"

"Liberals are mad because he banned bump stock"
Just popping in to say aloha, y'all. Looks like OT is on the chopping block:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2089934

Anyway, I'll miss (some of) y'all. There've been some lively discussions here, political and otherwise. Gonna be neutral corners for everybody, permanently. See y'all 'round the funny farm (or what's left of it). =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah wrote:

Anyway, I'll miss (some of) y'all. There've been some lively discussions here, political and otherwise. Gonna be neutral corners for everybody, permanently. See y'all 'round the funny farm (or what's left of it). =^[.]^=

GGG has allowed a lot more leeway in their forums than I would have ever expected. Unfortunately, some subjects become too heated and personal for many people, and the last thread took a definite downturn, so I decided to swear off on any and all political threads on PoE.

There may still be some interesting and strange discussions such as OT has had before, but I suspect they will get rapidly buried amongst everything else.

I really really hope GGG brings back some races (the older style, not the combo league 2 week versions)for next season. Having some alt art rewards for plugging away in 1 hour intervals was something that I looked forward to quite a bit.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
Raycheetah wrote:

apology for poor english

when were you when off topic dies?

i was sat at home masturbating to hierophant buffs when bex ring

'off topic is kill'

'no'
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
DalaiLama wrote:
"
Raycheetah wrote:

GGG has allowed a lot more leeway in their forums than I would have ever expected. Unfortunately, some subjects become too heated and personal for many people, and the last thread took a definite downturn, so I decided to swear off on any and all political threads on PoE.

There may still be some interesting and strange discussions such as OT has had before, but I suspect they will get rapidly buried amongst everything else.

I really really hope GGG brings back some races (the older style, not the combo league 2 week versions)for next season. Having some alt art rewards for plugging away in 1 hour intervals was something that I looked forward to quite a bit.

Yeah, some old-school racing would get me back in the PoE saddle. I haven't played since before the new acts were released. Enjoying a heavily-modded Skyrim too much. Uh-oh, did I just risk the thread being closed by going off topic? =^[.]~=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
DalaiLama wrote:
"
Raycheetah wrote:

Yeah, some old-school racing would get me back in the PoE saddle. I haven't played since before the new acts were released. Enjoying a heavily-modded Skyrim too much. Uh-oh, did I just risk the thread being closed by going off topic? =^[.]~=

Which mods would you recommend? I haven't played Skyrim modded yet, but will probably have some time in a few weeks when work slows down a bit.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
Kamchatka wrote:
"
This isn't 100% on topic but it's kind of related. Has anyone been paying attention to the PA redistricting? The republican plan was too (PA state) unconstitutionally gerrymandered so it was rejected and went through the courts. The state supreme court had to get a plan drawn by an independent body because the legislature refused to put anything acceptable forward. This washington post article has some maps made with previous election results to compare the districts.

Gerrymandering is the inevitable result of limiting the members of the house. Complaining about gerrymandering is a waste of time, unless you want to get rid of the restriction on house members.

If you're talking about the electoral college, that's sort of true but that's by design anyway so I think it's fine. If you're talking about the house of representatives I'm going to reject that premise unless you can prove otherwise. That said, I don't know enough exactly to make an informed decision about whether the number of members in the house should go back to being strictly proportional. You can get the same effect (assuming you make gerrymandering strictly illegal like it should be) by just weighting votes based on the number of people in each representatives district and then the house works like it should without increasing the numbers.
"
DalaiLama wrote:

Which mods would you recommend? I haven't played Skyrim modded yet, but will probably have some time in a few weeks when work slows down a bit.

Depending on which version of Skyrim you use (Legendary/Oldrim or Special Edition), there are a number of really great mods available.

First and foremost, core game mods:

MCM - A menu function for managing other mods. Just do it.

SkyUI - An indespensible QoL mod which makes inventory handling SO much better, as well as providing for some other UI features, such as indicators for when magic and other effects are about to time out.

Live Another Life (Alternate Start) - Useful even if only to help stabilize a vanilla start to the game. With many heavy mods, a new start can be problematic, as the cart ride into Helgen can be disastrously buggy while the game struggles to register all the new code. LAL allows you time for things to settle down (you'll see the announcements as the mods load in), and then choose either one of a variety of different alternate game starts, or simply the vanilla start. Either way, a good mod to have.

Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch (USLEEP) - A redevelopment and refinement of the older Unofficial Skyrim Patch series, it's an absolute must-have.

Cutting Room Floor - Reintroduces and develops a lot of content Bethesda cut from the game, yet left in the game files, ranging from some minor quests to incidental NPC dialog.

Ordinator - To make ALL perks useful and interesting. Browsing the perk trees can suggest a lot of new possibilities for builds, and makes old builds more interesting and effective.

Apocalypse Spells (and its expansion) - Just an incredible array of creative, new spells which work nicely with Ordinator to further expand build diversity. Not all Apocalypse spells are equally stellar, but you might have fun just finding new ways to use some of them. I particularly love Deep Storage and Milestones, which make sense, as far as what a working mage would want to be able to do, and which suit my playstyle quite handily.

Content Mods:

Legacy of the Dragonborn - I cannot sing high enough praises for this masterpiece. It is what has kept me playing Skyrim all this time. It is a HUGE mod with additional content, including thematic quests and lore-dumps and a plethora of little goals to fulfill. Basically, you are made a partner in a museum about you, the Dragonborn. You are tasked with collecting artifacts and items for display at the museum, but also with growing a guild of explorers and archeologists. The pacing of the mod's quests it handled quite nicely, allowing you to do your own thing between expeditions and item hunts. It's hard to make it sound as good as it is, but I can't imagine playing Skyrim without it, ever again.

LotD incorporates a number of mods, while supporting others. For example, a revised version of Moonpaths to Elsweyr is included in the download (and incorporated into the main LotD questline), while others, such as Gray Cowl of Nocturnal (highly recommended!) are supported in terms of museum displays and such. You'll want to go down the list of potential mods and decide for yourself which ones to use, though I left out several for being not quite lore friendly (Fairies in Jars) or too impactful on the game environment for their weight (Moon and Star), while others I added after careful consideration (Immersive College of Winterhold, another excellent mod).

Helgen Reborn - A fun and sizable quest to rebuild the town wrecked in the beginning of the game, and supported by LotD.

Falskaar - A large, new lands mod, perhaps a tad dated in its presentation, but it does expand the world a bit, and is LotD supported.

Wyrmstooth - A bit of a tough one to find, as the author mysteriously removed it from the main downloading sites, though he has provided permission for it to be shared peer-to-peer. A superior new lands mod, its quest, while less involved than Falskaar's, is a bit more satisfying. If you get it, you should absolutely also get (I think it's called) Wyrmstooth Enhanced, which completes some things the original author intended, and adds to the setting. Wyrmstooth is LotD supported.

The Northern Cardinal - I use the original version, though a new one titled The Northern Cardinal Under the Black Flag is available, expanding on the older version quite a lot. The NoCa is your very own, personal ship, and can even travel to Wyrmstooth and Falskaar (as well as Raven Rock in Solstheim), as well as the three ports of Skyrim. It's a fine way to travel, and alters the port of Solitude just a bit, adding some new businesses and a little life to the place. One of my all-time favorite mods.

Shezrie's Old Hroldan - A massive redevelopment of that tiny place in the Reach. It makes for a nice resource when you're out in the wilderness, with numerous businesses, and homes to buy, and it is presented with a humorous flair. Be sure to explore closely; Old Hroldan hides several secrets, making it more than just a pit stop in the mountains.

Inigo - I don't know how you feel about followers, but Inigo is tied for the best all-around follower available. He is created to function outside the vanilla follower system, and will make you sad for the housecarls and mercs with whom you might have traveled. Inigo is set to respond to MANY situational triggers, with pithy (and humorous) commentary for almost any occasion. He does have a small quest, but it doesn't really crop up until you've been together a while, plenty of time for bro-ness to develop. Be sure to ask him (in his interaction menu) what he thinks of a given place or dungeon; typically, he has something to say. I strongly recommend you give him a chance. He is also set up for expanded interactions with...

Vilja in Skyrim - Vilja is the other best follower in the game, but she isn't for everybody. Vilja is a bit more demanding, in terms of her personal quest, but it's not terribly onerous, just lengthy. If you play with her (and, I hope, Inigo), you'll see why that is. Vilja has a very strong (authentic) Swedish accent, which not everyone likes, and quite a personality. She has functionality which Inigo doesn't (though that cuts both ways), and tends to be a chatterbox (unless you tell her to knock it off, you heartless thug). If you're patient, Vilja's questline leads to some developments which expand on the vestigial Bard's College quests, and actually allows you to pursue that character concept, so long as Vilja's around, adding a growing repertoire of music to the game. And if you're interested in RPing romance, you couldn't hope for better in Skyrim.

Other bits and bobs:

Winter is Coming & Cloaks of Skyrim - Two mods which simply add cloaks and some really nice-looking furs to the game. CoS is LotD supported.

Immersive Armor - A collection of armor and shields which add to the vanilla range and distribution lists (adjustable in an McM menu). LotD supported.

The Parthurnaax Dilemma - A tiny mod which puts YOU back in the driver's seat of the Blades. Remind Delphine and Esbern who's in charge when they want you to kill the Master of the Way of the Voice.

Those are the most crucial ones I can think of, and depend on what version of Skyrim you play, since there's no guarantee that older mods have been updated for SSE. Again, I can't emphasize enough the necessity of assessing the list of potential mods listed under LotD; some may seem good (The Wheels of Lull, which I passed on, having seen some of the gameplay), but might not suit your tastes. Just do a little due diligence, and be sure to follow the directions when downloading. You might also want to add your preferred camping/cooking mods, especially if you decide you want to use survival mods like Wet and Cold or Frostfall (I don't).

Hope that gives you some things to think about! =^[.]^=

ETA: Must have SKSE, the Skyrim Script Extender (or SKSE64 for SSE). Otherwise, this'll be a very short list. ='[.]'=
Last edited by Raycheetah on Feb 22, 2018, 5:39:42 AM
"
"
Kamchatka wrote:
"
Has anyone been paying attention to the PA redistricting? The republican plan was too (PA state) unconstitutionally gerrymandered so it was rejected and went through the courts. The state supreme court had to get a plan drawn by an independent body
Gerrymandering is the inevitable result of limiting the members of the house. Complaining about gerrymandering is a waste of time, unless you want to get rid of the restriction on house members.
If you're talking about the electoral college, that's sort of true but that's by design anyway so I think it's fine. If you're talking about the house of representatives I'm going to reject that premise unless you can prove otherwise.
All of my facepalms.

1. If the number of representatives changes, then the number of districts changes, therefore a redistricting. Furthermore, assuming each representative is supposed to represent a certain fraction of the overall population, the justification for redistricting is inevitable (therefore gerrymandering is inevitable) so long as people
a) migrate either from one part of the state to another,
b) migrate into or out of the state, or
c) have variable birthrates between districts.
2. Without redistricting there is no gerrymandering by definition. Outside of the rare instances wherein state lines are (re)drawn, gerrymandering is de facto impossible.
3. If Durian doesn't even understand what gerrymandering is, how can he even say the Republican redistricting is gerrymandering? Blind faith in those he likes listening to?
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 22, 2018, 12:57:34 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
"
Kamchatka wrote:
If you're talking about the electoral college, that's sort of true but that's by design anyway so I think it's fine. If you're talking about the house of representatives I'm going to reject that premise unless you can prove otherwise.
All of my facepalms.

1. If the number of representatives changes, then the number of districts changes, therefore a redistricting. Furthermore, assuming each representative is supposed to represent a certain fraction of the overall population, the justification for redistricting is inevitable (therefore gerrymandering is inevitable) so long as people
a) migrate either from one part of the state to another,
b) migrate into or out of the state, or
c) have variable birthrates between districts.
2. Without redistricting there is no gerrymandering by definition. Outside of the rare instances wherein state lines are (re)drawn, gerrymandering is de facto impossible.
3. If Durian doesn't even understand what gerrymandering is, how can he even say the Republican redistricting is gerrymandering? Blind faith in those he likes listening to?

Exactly.

Tats rite.

Tats the exact reason why america needs trump.

Becos trump is gonna drain the swamp.
34pre98qua

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info