ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

I think the point is that racism is a very low-priority problem in the US and it's also a very low priority problem in Canada.

That's the thing I don't think you NeverTrump guys understand. You think racism and sexism and homophobia are these huge problems, because you've been caught up in some kind of SJW moral panic. You see significant racism in things other people don't see racist at all, probably because you're more sensitive to it, because you've rewired yourself to detect and by triggered by the tiniest specks of racism that would be undetectable to normies. BPC has somehow convinced themselves that fascism is the biggest problem in America and punching Nazis is the answer.

It seems to me that Biden's campaign is trying to appeal to precisely this type of person. Biden's campaign is trying to tap into, guide, and manipulate this moral panic. It's a smart way to get votes from such people, and the corporatist media 2 minutes 24/7/365 of Hate has certainly made many such people.

But the thing is, it truly is a moral panic. There isn't a whole lot of racism in the US, and while it does cause problems, it doesn't cause many problems. I'd be willing to bet more people are killed or injured by forgetting to put on their seatbelts than are killed or injured by racist hate crime, respectively, in the US each year. I wonder if BPC would be okay with punching someone who doesn't buckle up.

Meanwhile, Trump seems focused on the economy. My rule is I give the outgoing President at most 1 year of responsibility after leaving office — 2017 might fall under the Obama economy, but 2018 does not. Trump has grown the economy and reduced unemployment — especially unemployment for black Americans, which reached an all-time low under Trump. Poverty is a much bigger problem for the black community than racism is; poverty kills more black Americans each year than racism does.

So as far as the Democrat primaries go, I'm not sure if any candidate represents a serious commitment to real issues. I do know that Biden represents a serious commitment to illusory issues, to the moral panic of our age. If he's the nominee, 2020 could be the ultimate battle of feels vs reals.

I honestly don't know who would win that. I only know who deserves to.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 26, 2019, 11:20:50 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I think the point is that racism is a very low-priority problem in the US and it's also a very low priority problem in Canada.

That's the thing I don't think you NeverTrump guys understand. You think racism and sexism and homophobia are these huge problems, because you've been caught up in some kind of SJW moral panic. You see significant racism in things other people don't see racist at all, probably because you're more sensitive to it, because you've rewired yourself to detect and by triggered by the tiniest specks of racism that would be undetectable to normies. BPC has somehow convinced themselves that fascism is the biggest problem in America and punching Nazis is the answer.

It seems to me that Biden's campaign is trying to appeal to precisely this type of person. Biden's campaign is trying to tap into, guide, and manipulate this moral panic. It's a smart way to get votes from such people, and the corporatist media 2 minutes 24/7/365 of Hate has certainly made many such people.

But the thing is, it truly is a moral panic. There isn't a whole lot of racism in the US, and while it does cause problems, it doesn't cause many problems. I'd be willing to bet more people are killed or injured by forgetting to put on their seatbelts than are killed or injured by racist hate crime, respectively, in the US each year. I wonder if BPC would be okay with punching someone who doesn't buckle up.

Meanwhile, Trump seems focused on the economy. My rule is I give the outgoing President at most 1 year of responsibility after leaving office — 2017 might fall under the Obama economy, but 2018 does not. Trump has grown the economy and reduced unemployment — especially unemployment for black Americans, which reached an all-time low under Trump. Poverty is a much bigger problem for the black community than racism is; poverty kills more black Americans each year than racism does.

So as far as the Democrat primaries go, I'm not sure if any candidate represents a serious commitment to real issues. I do know that Biden represents a serious commitment to illusory issues, to the moral panic of our age. If he's the nominee, 2020 could be the ultimate battle of feels vs reals.

I honestly don't know who would win that. I only know who deserves to.

Sorry but when cops are killing blacks at a disproportionate rate in the US, racism IS a serious problem.

In Canada, you'd be right if you were 10 years earlier. Racism has grown a lot over here ever since all the immigration from refugees and the rise of nationalism in the US. It is generally not as violent but it's worrying for a nation that's built on the welcoming of (almost) everyone.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
"
faerwin wrote:

Sorry but when cops are killing blacks at a disproportionate rate in the US, racism IS a serious problem.

Are we pretending racism is the only possible hypothesis for this issue.

All other relevant factors have all absolutely been exhausted and tested?

Looking at some data shows me that 13% of the population is black but that they present 52% of the homicide cases, what do we do with that data if the cops are all racists.(i assume all cops of color are also included in this theory of racism?)

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
The only? no.

But it is a big one. It might also be drilled into officers that blacks are much more dangerous and as such a non-racist is more prone to shoot a black than not due to racist protocols/trainers. It's more complex than simply "cops are all racist" but denying that racism is a part of the problem is ridiculous.

Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
You have to laugh. Liberals suddenly obsessed with the national debt. Under Obama it was a "good thing".

The reality is they HATE the economy is doing great. HATE it. Some even say they hope it crashes and burns (even if it ruins peoples lives en masse) just to get rid of Trump. If that isn't unhinged I don't know what is.
Censored.
"
faerwin wrote:
The only? no.

But it is a big one. It might also be drilled into officers that blacks are much more dangerous and as such a non-racist is more prone to shoot a black than not due to racist protocols/trainers. It's more complex than simply "cops are all racist" but denying that racism is a part of the problem is ridiculous.

That's hardly what you stated previously and all of a sudden it's being "drilled into people".

So what if my counter-argument is "gang culture indoctrinates youth to not comply with authority on the street and view them as enemys"?

And what if i told you statements like "cops are racist's" is doing the same thing, polarize normal people and cops.

And what about black cops shooting black perpetrators? Are they racists?

Have you seen the discussions on cop applications drops ever since the "racist cops" movement started? What do you think happens to crime in general when a station is understaffed.

Did you know that more black lives have been lost since the "racism bias" concept was introduced? Since cops are no longer pro-actively policing black neighbourhoods out of fear of being judged bigots or having to cope with consequences of such a label.
(concept was introduced in 2015, black homicide rates have risen in inner-city's, if i remember correctly chicago has a 73% increase, unprecedented)

Keep beating the drum, but realise your forcing people in a camp against cops by doing it and at the same time hollowing out the usage of the word "racist" by stigmatizing entire groups of people under that label.

Carry on, i hope you realize or at least contemplate the consequences though.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
rojimboo wrote:

I don't think I've encountered anyone more keen on proclaiming a victory in a debate, when they got owned really hard, than you Xav.

Next you will convince us Sweden is the rape capital of the world, with places like DRC existing or Somalia, and that Canada is not only ridiculously racist (10times more so than hive of racism the US) but also the kidnapping capital of the world.

AFter all, statistics are gospel right? Correlation always equals causation, right? We just blindly trust the numbers surely and compare countries to one another, right?

ONly morons do that. Open your eyes, and become honest for once in your life.

If you claim that somehow the hate crime statistics between the two countries are fundamentally different from each other because of "reasons", you have to prove it. Until then, the numbers check out. I know leftists don't like facts very much but it is what it is. Disregarding facts just because they don't acommodate your world view is what morons do. Calling a country a "hive of racism" without any proof is what morons do.

"
faerwin wrote:
I'm willing to bet that the US do not consider graffitis to be hate crimes. Which, in Canada, they are (and consist of the majority of said hate crimes).

You should really stop betting and just check for yourself.

https://news.wttw.com/2018/11/09/man-charged-hate-crime-allegedly-drawing-swastikas-buena-park-homes

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/02/23/us/swastikas-new-york-elementary-school/index.html

"
faerwin wrote:
Sorry but it just show that hate crimes aren't being reported or compiled. and as such, the number for US hate crimes is just unreliable.

Even if we assume this is disproportionately true for the US and not for Canada for some reason, it doesn't allow the conclusion that a country is somehow super racist.

GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
rojimboo wrote:

22 Trillion dollar deficit. Yikes. Hope it was worth it. Guess you need a Democrat to fix your economy again. At the expense of social welfare of course.

The last Democrat basically doubled the debt. Is that what fixing the economy means?

"
faerwin wrote:

There is no evidence that this is true once you take into account crime rates. There is some evidence that police are generally rougher toward blacks, but it's hard to tell if that's because of racism or other reasons.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
rojimboo wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

Looks like Xav was caught spreading likely Russia propaganda again that he got off of social media.

He totally got it off Daily Stormer and is embarrased...

Yeah guys, maths and stats are racist propaganda from social media. I get that you both have stage 4 TDS but if you can't function on a basic level when these issues are at topic, talking to you makes no sense.

You are a sucker for nonsense posted on social media when it supports what you want to believe.

You're exhibiting the same symptoms as when you posted that bogus graph about fake hate crimes. I Google searched for "hate crime statistics" back when you were pushing that fake story. There weren't any statistics on fake hate crimes. I don't even remember seeing any statistics on real hate crimes in the USA. Yesterday, I couldn't find any statistics on hate crimes in Canada. You are just full of fake news that you probably really believe. You have probably just read it on social media. When I say you probably believe, I'm just trying to be generous and give you the benefit of the doubt here.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:

You are a sucker for nonsense posted on social media when it supports what you want to believe.

You're exhibiting the same symptoms as when you posted that bogus graph about fake hate crimes. I Google searched for "hate crime statistics" back when you were pushing that fake story. There weren't any statistics on fake hate crimes. I don't even remember seeing any statistics on real hate crimes in the USA. Yesterday, I couldn't find any statistics on hate crimes in Canada. You are just full of fake news that you probably really believe. You have probably just read it on social media. When I say you probably believe, I'm just trying to be generous and give you the benefit of the doubt here.

I showed you the step by step guide. Just look up the official stats and do the maths if you're interested in the numbers. Something tells me you aren't and just want to ramble.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info