ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

Trump has a very dedicated core base. It's probably somewhere around 35% and 40% of the voting population. I don't think that most would really revolt if he was impeached but they would become very activated and upset. We all know how fond of hyperbole the President is. The support he has in this thread is a fair example, I think.

That's a big part of the reason that I think it would be best for the country if he was not impeached but instead was booted out in the 2020 election. In between the election and end of his term in January, we would then likely see some amusing fireworks with him pardoning his family and everyone even himself. Or instead maybe resign an hour before his term ends and having Pence pardon him and his family or even doing both for good measure.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
Trump has a very dedicated core base. It's probably somewhere around 35% and 40% of the voting population. I don't think that most would really revolt if he was impeached but they would become very activated and upset. We all know how fond of hyperbole the President is. The support he has in this thread is a fair example, I think.

That's a big part of the reason that I think it would be best for the country if he was not impeached but instead was booted out in the 2020 election. In between the election and end of his term in January, we would then likely see some amusing fireworks with him pardoning his family and everyone even himself. Or instead maybe resign an hour before his term ends and having Pence pardon him and his family or even doing both for good measure.

I don't consider the few die-hards in this thread a good example given probably half of them aren't even American voters and the other half probably don't bother to vote (as Dave indicated, being as he sees himself as the average American), but okies.

Vocal minority makes it very hard to really gauge, but I think you're really overestimating the size of that base.

And no, not 2020. You're being far too complacent there. Even if he spends most of 2019 wrestling with the basic duties of his office, that's just too damn long.

As always, I have to agree with you, it is too damn long.

The problem is that we are stuck with this administration until January 2021 no matter what. If Trump resigns tomorrow then we get Pence. He is not that much better than Trump. He would undoubtedly be far more effective in implementing policies than our policy devoid President. True though that it would really help US foreign policy. It is bad having an apparent Russian agent in the White House, especially for foreign policy.

I had a similar concern back in the Nixon Watergate days. It was a very wonderful day when vice president Spiro Agnew resigned. I thought Spiro Agnew would have been even worse than Nixon.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
鬼殺し wrote:

Funny, you responded but not to a thing I said, perhaps because you ignored that I pruned your response to me to what I care about -- the fact that he feels the presidency protects him. I'm not really talking about impeachment or indictment. I really couldn't care less *how* he goes. Impeaching, indictment, bullet to the quote-unquote brain, mauled by dogs, hair tonic overdose, syphilis, Russian cocktail...plane crash fleeing to Russia...the possibilities are endless.

As long as he goes. And he will. It will no doubt be ignominious and yet anticlimactic.

I'm invoking my current signature as to why I'm ending this here.

Are we talking past each other? I don't think a bad end is a given, nor do I think Trump being struck by a random bolt of lightning is the way you expect it to go.
mfw the way Trump goes will be after he's served his two terms in January 2025.

GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Turtledove wrote:
It is bad having an apparent Russian agent in the White House, especially for foreign policy.

Can you point to one policy Trump proposed or enacted, that benefited Russia? Do you think it would be good if US and RU (two military & nuclear powers) had a clean line of diplomacy, without the so called "free press" sceaming and kicking every time Trump talks or is about to talk to Putin?

I think Trump is doing great on foreign policy. Much better than the bloodthirsty neocon/neolibs before him. Hopefully he won't fall for zionist tricks desperately trying to push USA into a war with Iran. I think that will be a real danger in his potential second term.

Wars started / financed by Bush: 2
Wars started / financed by Obama: 3
Wars started / financed by Trump: still zero

Though the military-complex seems to have it's own mind, political will & operational inertia, keeping the Trump admin involved in Syria (for 'some reason'), despite there beign zero legal or UN mandated grounds for US to be present in that country.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
morbo wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
It is bad having an apparent Russian agent in the White House, especially for foreign policy.

Can you point to one policy Trump proposed or enacted, that benefited Russia? Do you think it would be good if US and RU (two military & nuclear powers) had a clean line of diplomacy, without the so called "free press" sceaming and kicking every time Trump talks or is about to talk to Putin?

I think Trump is doing great on foreign policy. Much better than the bloodthirsty neocon/neolibs before him. Hopefully he won't fall for zionist tricks desperately trying to push USA into a war with Iran. I think that will be a real danger in his potential second term.

Wars started / financed by Bush: 2
Wars started / financed by Obama: 3
Wars started / financed by Trump: still zero

Though the military-complex seems to have it's own mind, political will & operational inertia, keeping the Trump admin involved in Syria (for 'some reason'), despite there beign zero legal or UN mandated grounds for US to be present in that country.

Trump definitely isnt going to war with Iran, unless they literally, and undeniably attack the USA.

I dont gamble, but if I did, I'd bet my house on that.
"
morbo wrote:

Can you point to one policy Trump proposed or enacted, that benefited Russia?

This was answered already. Not sure why you chose to ignore it...

"
I think Trump is doing great on foreign policy.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Depends on who is answering the question, 'How is Trump doing on foreign policy, for you?'
Trump is the best.
"
rojimboo wrote:
"
morbo wrote:

Can you point to one policy Trump proposed or enacted, that benefited Russia?

"
I think Trump is doing great on foreign policy.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Depends on who is answering the question, 'How is Trump doing on foreign policy, for you?'

Well as a USA citizen, considering the 16 years before Trump, Trump is doing awesome, foreign policy.

I certainly agree that foreigners will have a different viewpoint, but there is only 1 American who would have hated Trump's foreign policy, and that's John McCain, cause there isnt a country around that McCain didnt want to invade.
Last edited by Khoranth on Dec 13, 2018, 8:42:35 AM
"
rojimboo wrote:

It wasn't answered. Trump has politically done nothing to benefit Russia. Thinking that he might be a Russian agent, borders on the insane (but that happens when someone watches too much "free press").

You choose to believe there was a collusion, because it fits your anti-Trump position. If there was anything tangible, it would have already been presented before the midterm elections, to boost votes for the Democrats.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info