VP was never the problem

"
I won't come back. This is final.

No more Kitava vids from you? D:
Ohh, but it was....this is easily identified because there are loads of players and there would be a large enough portion of them using it over the months, enough to say that yes, yes it is a problem that something is so good that the sheep don't pick something else.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
LowBudget780 wrote:
"
Acolina87 wrote:

And if any1 cant make a build without using VP they have no clue how to make builds Roflmao :D!

Is there any particular reason why you've never killed shaper? Seems kind of weird for a guy with mutiple 100s and mirrors in his stash.

I have killed shaper and uber atziri and much more but something is wrong with my achievments they bugged out. Im using steam and not the original poe client. Besides what does shaper even have to do with the VP changes? Alot of builds can kill shaper without using VP. And i qoute myself again,

"And if any1 cant make a build without using VP they have no clue how to make builds Roflmao :D!"

Roflmao :D Ill give you a teaser, heres one mirror.

Want me to link my legacy shavs and my other 7 mirrors?

Just Roflmao. Sit down, be humble.
Look on my works ye mighty, and despair.

Harvest league oh you are beautiful.
Last edited by Acolina87 on Nov 17, 2017, 6:14:59 PM
"
"
Acolina87 wrote:
Wow you sound like ProjectPT. Ever heard of him?

Of course I have. Not a fellow I was fond of, but he was right.

The everlasting clearspeed and power creep meta destroyed the game in the long run. People now only hunger for more and more, it never stops.

It may attract new crowds because "OMG! This is free to play and so amazing!", but the hype eventually dies once everyone realizes the formula is "giveth and taketh" with no fun allowed.

Nerfing VP doesn't solve anything, except that it pleases the anti-VP players and silences them for now.

Still doesn't address the horrible balance between ranged and melee, with nearly every melee skill being pseudo-ranged.

Still doesn't address that this game is economy-driven, where scammers and flippers rise and thrive.

Still doesn't address the aweful balance of offensensive and defensive skills, the former being the most dominant ever since Block nerfs. GGG doesn't want you to stay alive. They want you to die. Because that's what gives them publicity and money, as people watch streamers RIP and see them in compilations.

There's so many more problems, but I'm sick and tired of it. All I can say is: stop being delusional.

All i have to say to you is deal with it. Everybody else deals with it, why shouldnt you? Why are you special? Go play some wow with PT lol. I expect more from a person like you who supports the game alot. Everybody who supports path of exile for multiple dollars is a hardcore fan of it. I dont care if youre a fucking ruler of wraeclast or if you are a chimera supporter. People who support this game want to see it thrive. You dont throw 1k+ dollars on a game just to be salty about it just because you didnt have your way. Accept Path of exile for what it is, the nr1 ARPG out there. Been nr1 for a long time, fuck d3 and fuck that shitty torchlight modded grim yawn. None of them come close to poe and you all know it.

CaptainWARLORD

Best of luck, thank you for supporting poe im sure it was worth it :D. Lots of hard earned dollars you spent on a game that you dont like anymore, sad to see. Good luck to you!

Roflmao.

vaal pact nerf was needed since it trivialize anything that could not 1 shoot you, question here is if GGG is going to tone down all those surprise you are dead stuff now that VP will no longer make chars inmune to everything but 1 shots.
self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

"
Acolina87 wrote:

All i have to say to you is deal with it. Everybody else deals with it, why shouldnt you? Why are you special? Go play some wow with PT lol. I expect more from a person like you who supports the game alot. Everybody who supports path of exile for multiple dollars is a hardcore fan of it. I dont care if youre a fucking ruler of wraeclast or if you are a chimera supporter. People who support this game want to see it thrive. You dont throw 1k+ dollars on a game just to be salty about it just because you didnt have your way. Accept Path of exile for what it is, the nr1 ARPG out there. Been nr1 for a long time, fuck d3 and fuck that shitty torchlight modded grim yawn. None of them come close to poe and you all know it.

I can understand where you are coming from, but the way you are trying to get your argument across is very condescending. I wish I can support you post, but since you are very biased, I would be demeaning myself. I know you will not care one squat about what I posted, but know this that not everyone will support your view.

Oh and speaking of Grim Dawn, it is only always online with an actual economy away from being on par or better than PoE. A good portion of the famous PoE streamers have played the new contents of Grim Dawn and liked the game A LOT, but being mostly an offline game prevented it from being the true rival to PoE. As much as I love PoE for a long time, Grim Dawn as grown to me a lot throughout the years and last month got me to love Grim Dawn even more than ever before. I am not going to stop playing PoE permanently, but I am not going to be playing a lot as I used to. I will come back in 3.1 to play more PoE, but I am not sure how long I will play before I get burned out again.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Nov 17, 2017, 6:51:04 PM
"
LowBudget780 wrote:
"
Acolina87 wrote:

I have killed shaper and uber atziri and much more but something is wrong with my achievments they bugged out.

lol, the expert POE forum balance team strikes again.

If you look at my achievments wich you like to do obviously for no reason :D. Maybe you see that i havnt killed argus? Or i never completed the atlas? Or never completed a daily mission from the forsaken masters? This bug happend when legacy league ended and 3.0 was deployed. And im not the only one, check your facts before accusing someone of something.

I say again, Sit down be humble.

"
Kasapnica wrote:
VP was used to counter this bullshit. VP was part of the problem by being the only possible solution.

Maybe now GGG will start to balance these damage spikes,if its even possible.

Personally,im glad VP is gone.

Remove instant logout as well, and it will be possible.

The root cause of all these balance problems is the existence of instant logout. GGG wants to kill players, but as long as players have instant logout, the only way they can be killed is via onehots/sudden massive spike damage. Except VP provided a pretty reliable workaround to massive spike damage by giving you massive spike recovery. So as long as you had something to leech from, oneshots were the only thing that could kill you.

Now burst damage is back in the game, which should allow GGG to tone down things at least a little. But don't expect major improvements as long as instant logout still exists.
Thank you GGG for this vaal pact nerf. All my most fun builds are dead. Firstly you should nerf all those mirrored gear.
If someone wants to play with vaal pact - its his choice. If you dont want to play it - just dont. This is real diversity.
I will stop funding you. Just so you know.
And what about atlas? It will be completly reseted? Playing all those shitty t1-t7 maps again is not fun. I spent too much time for completing it.
Worst patch ever.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info