VP was never the problem

@CaptainWARLORD

Oh but you do care and you know it. You deleted all your tabs but one, you write negative stuff again and again about the game on the forum. You are angry that the devs "destroyed" all of your precious builds that you used to play using VP. Hell you even deleted all your characters and made a new one, a scion lvl 2 named "Fuck_GGGs_Nerfs_I_Quit". If i didnt know better, you sure sound like a STANDARD player thats afraid of change? "Help they destroyed all my builds i cant play anymore" So sad to see, have fun in wow! Send PT my regards.

"
I honestly don't even care. Pretty much every build of mine is now dead.

CWC Tank = DEAD

Wild Strike Raider = DEAD

Molten Strike Boss Killer = DEAD

Scourge Flurry Scion = DEAD

Kitava's Frostbolt Assassin = DEAD

And the list goes on. I won't be pigeonholed into Summoner or Slayer. Fuck this.

I said it before and I keep my word. This is where I stop all support and playing.

Have fun playing logout mini-games sprinkled with one-shots on top.

Roflmao.
Look on my works ye mighty, and despair.

Harvest league oh you are beautiful.
Last edited by Acolina87 on Nov 17, 2017, 7:27:03 PM
So we went from non-VP leech being unusable trash on every class other than Slayer, to leech as a whole being unusable on every class other than Slayer. Why not just do something sensible like revert VP to how it was a long time ago and/or make non-VP leech not utter trash?

Hell, even if you had just not nerfed ES into the ground so hard, since ES has a higher pool to begin with it would make non-instant leech somewhat usable due to the pool giving it a high leech/sec.

I think GGG is making the mistake of thinking anyone actually plays the game for mechanically skilled boss fights. They don't. The only fight that even remotely requires skill is uber atziri. Everything else is "dodge the highly telegraphed skills". People play VP because they don't want to have to meticulously handle some repetitive fight that they might be doing 50 or 100 times in one day.

I also won't be buying a supporter pack this league if they don't revert this or reveal something that makes non-slayer leech remotely usable.
"
romario711 wrote:
Thank you GGG for this vaal pact nerf. All my most fun builds are dead. Firstly you should nerf all those mirrored gear.
If someone wants to play with vaal pact - its his choice. If you dont want to play it - just dont. This is real diversity.

Wait, what is the problem with mirrored gear then? You can just not play with it - your choice.

Also I would like a vendor that sells Exalts, Eternals and Mirrors for 1 Wisdom scroll per piece. No one has to use it if they don't want to. That is real diversity.

"
windxp wrote:
I think GGG is making the mistake of thinking anyone actually plays the game for mechanically skilled boss fights. They don't. The only fight that even remotely requires skill is uber atziri.

I do, at least I am trying to. Unfortunately, Uber is highly gated, would fight Uber a lot more if I could.

Also, Shaper is pretty rough unless you have an OP build or OP gear or both. At least for me, maybe I am not Hardcore enough. In any case, I loved the fact that I got to experience this mechanically pretty interesting fight several times this league. Guardian fights are also pretty good, and will be even better if they tone down damage a bit once VP is removed. Looking forward to it!
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
windxp wrote:

I think GGG is making the mistake of thinking anyone actually plays the game for mechanically skilled boss fights. They don't. The only fight that even remotely requires skill is uber atziri. Everything else is "dodge the highly telegraphed skills". People play VP because they don't want to have to meticulously handle some repetitive fight that they might be doing 50 or 100 times in one day.

I also won't be buying a supporter pack this league if they don't revert this or reveal something that makes non-slayer leech remotely usable.

There are some people who think PoE should be a skill based game that requires you to constantly be alert as your plowing through hundreds of mobs. They are wrong. What allowed PoE to grow so big was catering to the masses of players who want to come home from work and blow screens up with their hilarious overpowered fotm builds.

If GGG wanted PoE to be a 'skill-based' game where strategy mattered they would disable all non-hardcore game modes.

IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Nephalim wrote:
=If GGG wanted PoE to be a 'skill-based' game where strategy mattered they would disable all non-hardcore game modes.

One has hardly anything to do with the other.

As a side note, died today again to technical problems.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
Nephalim wrote:

What allowed PoE to grow so big was catering to the masses of players who want to come home from work and blow screens up ...

:) I loved Discharge used on Shield Charge crit hit, all those attack speed + increased area effect items, Headhunter and Rampage - it was superb :)

Sadly not possible any more.
Last edited by Rexeos on Nov 17, 2017, 10:15:58 PM
I don't really care about vaal pact, so far I only used it once or twice, I didn't like not being able to regen. You can call me scrub, noob, idiot, build hipster or whatever, but I doubt that there are any builds out there except for full on Cwdt builds that 100% rely on vaal pact.
Sure, a lot rely on it quite a bit, but not to the point where it literally breaks the build once it's nerfed.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
What allowed PoE to grow so big was catering to the masses of players who want to come home from work and blow screens up ...

Same thing made D3 trash,and lost WoW 70% of its population in 2 expansions. There should be some balance here.

PoE grew because of D3 failure and no other online ARPG being around. People should stop thinking that only casuals make games grow,if that was the case,games like Dota/CS and PUBG would be ghost towns.

I find it kind of funny that the majority of the people who are complaining about the changes to Vaal Pact play predominantly challenge leagues, at least I'm assuming they do based off their challenges. If you want to play in a fresh economy with a new set of characters, why the fuck are you complaining about them supposedly "ruining all of your builds"? Like, do you just play the exact same build every league until it gets nerfed so you can complain and copy someone else for the 20th time in a row? Or am I missing something. Because aside from my standard characters that I play, I level brand new builds every league I play, or at the very least most of them. This isn't exactly relevant to the changes to Vaal Pact, or even Energy Shield recently, but rather just people saying their builds have been "gutted and ruined".

I can genuinely only think of one build that the removal of instant leech actually breaks, Vaal Righteous Fire, which I could probably count the number of people in this thread that have actually played it on one hand. Everything else, as far as I'm concerned, can survive without it. Reflect Rares, Volatiles, glass cannons complaining about "unfair" one-shots, all of which can be pretty easily mitigated if you know what you're doing. Aside from telegraphed attacks, if you get one-shot on a regular basis then that's you playing or creating a shit build.

I also quickly want to point out what you said earlier, regarding Vaal Pact and Atziri. I agree with you entirely aside from your mention of Vaal Pact, which is a load of horse-shit. Yes, it was a piece of piss to mitigate Atziri's damage back then, but Vaal Pact had literally nothing to do with that. Sure it was released before Atziri, but that doesn't mean it was actively being used, let alone to the extent it is now. The way you responded sounded like you were implying Vaal Pact had a large part of this, at least to me. I agree with everything else you said in that post, however.

"
And you are obviously full of shit. Atziri was introduced with 1.1.0. Vaal Pact was introduced with patch 0.9.12.

This thread is like 95% people attacking each other for seemingly no reason, though most of it is coming from like 3 people. That just makes it more entertaining for me though, people seem to just throw insults as soon as they run out of legitimate arguments.
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
windxp wrote:

There are some people who think PoE should be a skill based game that requires you to constantly be alert as your plowing through hundreds of mobs. They are wrong. What allowed PoE to grow so big was catering to the masses of players who want to come home from work and blow screens up with their hilarious overpowered fotm builds.

If GGG wanted PoE to be a 'skill-based' game where strategy mattered they would disable all non-hardcore game modes.

I used to like you but now i fucking love you man!
I coundt have said it better.
dont know if u saw the scorpion boss fight but how the video is highlighted makes me think GGG
beleives they are designing WOW and not a fast paced arpg, there is literly over 10 unique atakcs to manually dodge and some of them are not even timed ,the boss just randomnly spamms them.
Like wtf is this game becoming ? as you said thiss isnt a SKILL game this is a play braindead smash buttons arpg.
We used to play D2 because we loved the sense of progresion
We used to love the road to becoming a IMMORTAL GOD
ARPG are about being OP AS FUCK shitting on ever mob and every boss after you invested
over 2 months of your FUCKING FREE TIME , in POE you die even with broken op legacy mirror items
I have a JOb i have kids , ggg was and still is designing their game around nonlifers, since the constant exp nerf and stuff
Man breaks my hearth seeing them keep going in the wrong direction, i fucking love this game
I have 783 builds in my poe.planner
I played 3 of those in the last 2 years
Please more 1 shot mechanics so
i reduce it to 1 . Thank you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info