VP was never the problem

Spoiler
Why people go vaal pact ?because of the 1-2 shot burst damage that exists in this game
This isnt chess , this isnt a skill game , ggg
keeps balancing it around insta logouts ,just remove that shit and will be so easy to tune mobs damage .
Why people went ES on every build before ?
Because of the insane high effective hp pool
used to avoid 1-2 shots mechanics.
Why people go ed /decay or whatever dot skill ?
Because they can use blasfemy auras temp chains enfeeble and MOM that means literly they double they hp pool = they avoid the shit 1 shot mechanics.
Why people go totems? To get some agro off while matematicly geting the chance to get 1 shot down a lot.
Why people go summoner ? Same reason as above just x10 power.
You notice the patern here? Every build is around this SHIT 1 SHOT mechanic that is build as a FEATURE by chris mentality on todays arpg's.
People played D2 for 10 years doing the same shit
baal runs because you eventually feel like a GOD and mobs would be your bitches.
In POE you are always a bitch and mobs/bosses are the true GOD's.
People still playing POE because of the fake hype you bring with every new league but it dies fast,
And hinestly as myself included because there isnt anything out there worth playing.
POE is good , but it could be GREAT !!!
Stop going in the wrong direction .....

So it seems after reading 19 pages of replies ,people misunderstood the point.

Let me make it short :
I am not for the change of Vp , i am for THE REMOVAL OF VP

Even in its current state people will still pick it over regen(maybe only if u go RF they wont)

VP was a secondary effect of the main problem in the game :DAMAGE SPIKES

And why damage spikes exist in game(as it is implemented as a FEATURE ,yes it is a feature
Chris designed it himself) , because thats the only thing that can aactually kill people because INSTANT LOGOUT exist in this game .

AS you can see instant logout and damage spikes are THE REAL PROBLEM

AS the game is designed around that ,build diversity will always have to suffer , and honestly that is god damn bad design.

Hope people will understand my point now...
I have 783 builds in my poe.planner
I played 3 of those in the last 2 years
Please more 1 shot mechanics so
i reduce it to 1 . Thank you.
Last edited by kshuxxx on Nov 19, 2017, 2:54:18 AM
Last bumped on Nov 23, 2017, 2:26:31 AM
I have the same feeling.i tworyc4afted a frosthbreath sunder evolving around chill for the 10 days , you can check my account.
It wreks stuff for 1 alc unique .
Only thing that makes the build work is VP.
I have hungreda of teorycrated builds , so cool build son paper, none works because they will die 1 shot in maps.
Build diversity , what a fucking JOKE....
I have 783 builds in my poe.planner
I played 3 of those in the last 2 years
Please more 1 shot mechanics so
i reduce it to 1 . Thank you.
This is bullshit. Vaal pact as it is = you're always at full life while attacking. Oneshots had to exist because of shit like vaal pact making non-oneshots COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT. Not the other way around. Having no oneshot mechanics and also current vaal pact would remove gameplay itself in favour of facetanking everything because spending a second not attacking would be the worst thing you can do.
Since when is "you leech 50% of your life per second" so weak? 5% extra leech cap is probably still right under vaal pact, and doubling that is, you know... similar to getting 25% regen per second from a single node. Leech still is better than other sustain for a fraction of the investment.
Edit: Even many regen and blocktanks just go ahead spending 3 passive points on ghost reaver, get CWDT or curse on hit tempest shield warlords mark, or a molten shell supported by leech, or so many other options. And they get as much out of this OP mechanic as out of a full set of regen gear. And healing yourself by attacking doesn't even make sense unless you play a vampire character.
Last edited by Egalisator on Nov 17, 2017, 4:53:04 AM
Builds are leaves on poe tree: they fall every patch and they grow again every league.
VP was used to counter this bullshit. VP was part of the problem by being the only possible solution.

Maybe now GGG will start to balance these damage spikes,if its even possible.

Personally,im glad VP is gone.
Last edited by Kasapnica on Nov 17, 2017, 4:57:19 AM
HAHAHAHAHA VP NERFED FEELSGOODMAN.
Look on my works ye mighty, and despair.

Harvest league oh you are beautiful.
AAAAaaaah VP nerfed the world is coming to an end!!!!!!11eleven.

Kinda fun to read all this. Good move btw.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
Kasapnica wrote:

Personally,im glad VP is gone.

However gone a must have node for every leech build counts as. Double may be smaller than infitnity, but it's still bigger than single.
If Vaal Pact is the one thing that makes or breaks your build, it's not an XXX build but a Vaal Pact build. There wasn't build diversity to begin with, only the illusion of it.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
Where is this information coming from ? confused.

Edit:

Never mind someone has posted soemthing here about it

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2030557

I rarely used VP but I am using these this league.

Which are kinda more OP in that life replenish still works.
Last edited by Kavlor on Nov 17, 2017, 5:45:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info