VP was never the problem

Not sure which is funnier, the fact that GGG actually, and finally, did something about Vaal Pact, or that people are actually trying to justify it existing.
"
Shazamarang wrote:
Not sure which is funnier, the fact that GGG actually, and finally, did something about Vaal Pact, or that people are actually trying to justify it existing.

The game currently suffers from huge survivability issues caused by damage spikes and one-shots. VP was probably the most efficient way to address those issues, that's why people were/are defending it. And for the record, I personally would rather see VP nerfed AND damage spikes gone, because it would be good for build diversity.
Fuck master rotas. Fuck any kind of rotas, for that matter.
"
Kavlor wrote:
Where is this information coming from ? confused.

Edit:

Never mind someone has posted soemthing here about it

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2030557

I rarely used VP but I am using these this league.

Which are kinda more OP in that life replenish still works.

I would hardly call these OP. It's at most a 258 pDPS weapon. You'd be hardpressed to reach the numbers required for the instant leech factor with these things would become OP.

"
DGTLDaemon wrote:
The game currently suffers from huge survivability issues caused by damage spikes and one-shots. VP was probably the most efficient way to address those issues, that's why people were/are defending it. And for the record, I personally would rather see VP nerfed AND damage spikes gone, because it would be good for build diversity.

Absolutely 100% agree. The hype for 3.1 is real.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Last edited by Xavathos on Nov 17, 2017, 6:35:19 AM
On the one hand, VP should be nerfed. It is too strong.
On the other hand, what will we have in return?

Judging by nodes statistics VP is used in 40% of builds (70-100lv)!
http://pathofstats.com/passives?level=70+-+100

So, 40% of the builds are dead!

Without changing reflect, damage spikes and boss HP pool ... next league will be very sad!
I am happy they rekt VP. Never used it. Sounds op af. One shot mechanics are ok. More realistic, lol
Last edited by Muksu123 on Nov 17, 2017, 6:49:56 AM
In this case why don't you play HC?
More realistic, lol (c) Muksu123
"
In this case why don't you play HC?
More realistic, lol (c) Muksu123

I don't like HC. Btw turmoil HC has multiple 98 level players. So I do not think one shot mechanics is that bad. xD.
I guess it takes balls to do shaper or uber atziri in HC. But HC stands for hardcore so it should be hard af.
"
tm10067 wrote:
Builds are leaves on poe tree: they fall every patch and they grow again every league.

That is beautiful. :)
Perception is reality.
"
Muksu123 wrote:

Btw turmoil HC has multiple 98 level players. So I do not think one shot mechanics is that bad. xD.

Half of players in top 50 are dead on Turmoil HC

"
Muksu123 wrote:

I guess it takes balls to do shaper or uber atziri in HC. But HC stands for hardcore so it should be hard af.

Yeah. How you do it is you stack enough damage to one shot Uber's phases. If she survives and you see a flameblast on screen, you log out.
"
Egalisator wrote:
This is bullshit. Vaal pact as it is = you're always at full life while attacking. Oneshots had to exist because of shit like vaal pact making non-oneshots COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT. Not the other way around. Having no oneshot mechanics and also current vaal pact would remove gameplay itself in favour of facetanking everything because spending a second not attacking would be the worst thing you can do.
Since when is "you leech 50% of your life per second" so weak? 5% extra leech cap is probably still right under vaal pact, and doubling that is, you know... similar to getting 25% regen per second from a single node. Leech still is better than other sustain for a fraction of the investment.
Edit: Even many regen and blocktanks just go ahead spending 3 passive points on ghost reaver, get CWDT or curse on hit tempest shield warlords mark, or a molten shell supported by leech, or so many other options. And they get as much out of this OP mechanic as out of a full set of regen gear. And healing yourself by attacking doesn't even make sense unless you play a vampire character.

Seems you didnt understood the point of the post at all.
Vp was and still is bullshit.
I was talking about how 1 shot mexhanics is what ruined poe build diversity ,atm thwre is no build diversity all build are the same get enough hp nodes to not get 1-2 shot and get an AOE skill that 1 shots pact and insert skill name here.
Chris himself said it many times that the 1 shot mechanics exist by DESIGN because of the insta logout.
He also said he likes 1 shots because they can design interesting monster and bosses fights.
Either GGG is delusional or they really
DONT WANT PEOPLE PLAY THEIR GAME .
I think it was a post with syatistics that 0.2 % of people are actually playing end game.
Wtf are they smoking when that doesnt indicates to them that game is fucking BROKEN
They keep nerfing this and that , exp nerf so many times
Why the fuck would i care if someome gets lvl 100 in 12 hours, i just want to play end game
AND GGG DOESNT LET ME PLAY IT AS WE WANT!!!
I have 783 builds in my poe.planner
I played 3 of those in the last 2 years
Please more 1 shot mechanics so
i reduce it to 1 . Thank you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info