[3.2] Elemental Crit Cyclone Raider - Fast, fun, deadly! - Ready for Bestiary league

Hey man,

Insane guide love the build :D

I started the game this league and i choose to try ur build.

Just managed to get a lycosidae and a 6L bronn ^^

Here is my pob https://pastebin.com/LTpQ0uJb

What could i change to improve the build?

I'm guessing crit multi on sword and later on %cyclone on helm and frenzy charge on boots but what about the rest?

For the skill tree, is it envisageable to take VP instead of a dps node life Fangs of frost?
And what about going to the left of master of the arena which will provide much needed str and int instead of the 30 dex that aren't that usefull?

On an other note, is my actual build shaper/elder viable?

Thanks again for the very detailed guide ^^

PS: Forgot about this one, since you advised tombfist, what should i take out? I removed ice golem since i got lycosidae and the crit chance bonus isn't that interesting but is it optimal?

Is the setup with HoI and HoT without assassin's mark mana substainable?
Last edited by Scorpiaa on Dec 30, 2017, 6:24:48 PM
"
Scorpiaa wrote:
Hey man,

Insane guide love the build :D

I started the game this league and i choose to try ur build.

Just managed to get a lycosidae and a 6L bronn ^^

Here is my pob https://pastebin.com/LTpQ0uJb

What could i change to improve the build?

I'm guessing crit multi on sword and later on %cyclone on helm and frenzy charge on boots but what about the rest?

For the skill tree, is it envisageable to take VP instead of a dps node life Fangs of frost?
And what about going to the left of master of the arena which will provide much needed str and int instead of the 30 dex that aren't that usefull?

On an other note, is my actual build shaper/elder viable?

Thanks again for the very detailed guide ^^

PS: Forgot about this one, since you advised tombfist, what should i take out? I removed ice golem since i got lycosidae and the crit chance bonus isn't that interesting but is it optimal?

Is the setup with HoI and HoT without assassin's mark mana substainable?

1. The simple big upgrades are +1 vectors, helm enchant and a better foil. Use PoB to calculate DPS increase per exalt spent to prioritize those. I'd suggest using a live search for foils and the enchanted helmet to try to snatch good deals.

There are other minor things you can change right now, especially flasks. Your quicksilver flask has a useless suffix, the best quicksilver is Alchemist's or Experimenter's of Adrenaline for maximum speed. Get Experimenter's on your Diamond and some sort of sustain prefix on your stibnite, like Surgeon's, Ample or Perpetual. If you're worried about getting frozen when you're not phased you can actually just use a Silver Flask for that. Quartz Infusion gives you phasing when you have Onslaught so any Silver Flask will operate as a Heat flask for Raiders.

Another minor thing is the placement of your Fertile Mind. Where you have it right now it gives you 83 int but if you move it to where you currently have Bramble Ruin, you'll get 103 instead (if you keep the current pathing).

As for your actual gear, most of it is pretty decent. Two of your Abyssal jewels are missing life rolls, which is suboptimal but they have resists instead so you have the correct mindset of trying to balance offence and defence on each jewel.

Your accessories overall are what needs upgrading. Look for a better belt, with a natural high EDWA roll if possible. Get Opal rings and a better amulet. Opals are expensive so just keep in mind that you can compensate for a lack of stats or resists on the rings with your belt and amulet.

Quality on gems is somewhat important as well. The %increased damage on Herald quality is global, so that's the most important one.

2. My suggested VP tree is just a suggestion. If losing the life nodes takes you under 5k, then definitely just lose the weakest of your DPS nodes instead.

As for the pathing, you need to path to the junction of Master Fletcher/Command of Steel anyway in order to get to Master of the Arena, since none of the nodes in between Master of the Arena and Golem's Blood are useful for us. If you path to the left from Master of the Arena toward the Scion Wheel and still take Sentinel and its socket, that pathing costs 1 more point than going up through the dex nodes to the right, assuming you only take one of the sockets.

If you take both sockets, like you've done and I have on my character, you're actually right - it costs the same amount of points to path like this, and that str and int is definitely more valuable than the dex nodes:

3. Your character as-is can definitely kill Shaper DPS-wise but you'll probably die a few times while you're learning the mechanics, might even brick a set or two. One important note here that I'm not entirely sure is correct but I think it is: Hypothermia won't do anything vs. Shaper unless you have some way of Chilling him that doesn't rely on your own damage. I realized this only very recently and haven't had the chance to confirm it. Shaper has 20,190,261 HP, and as far as I understand the new chill mechanics, the minimum damage required to chill an enemy is 0.33% of its total HP. For Shaper, this requires a hit of 66,628. Cyclone deals many small hits rather than few big ones so that number isn't gonna happen unless your gear is insane, meaning you won't be able to chill him. You'd need to use Arctic Armour or some other source of chill for it to work (I think).

4. For Tombfist, I would either remove Ice golem from CWDT or Onslaught from Heralds. If you can get a tombfist with two abyssal sockets just use CWDT-IC in the 2-link and leave it at that, especially if you've moved on to a blasphemy-enfeeble setup. Tempest Shield doesn't really do much at all.

5. The blasphemy enfeeble with HoI and HoT doesn't give me any issues with mana sustain except sometimes on single target if I'm not using conc effect.
Last edited by Euploid on Dec 30, 2017, 9:52:03 PM
I was thinking of doing something like this, but with oni goroshi. Would raider be a good choice here, or is it pretty much mandatory to take slayer?
"
sikker wrote:
I was thinking of doing something like this, but with oni goroshi. Would raider be a good choice here, or is it pretty much mandatory to take slayer?

I haven't looked into Oni-Goroshi much at all but I tried just plugging it in to my generic PoB for a lvl 90 character with around 5k life. The degen is around 1k/s, so without the overleech buffer from Slayer you would need to use something other than basic leech to combat/nullify it. Purity of Fire and Vitality come to mind as auras to use. I'm pretty sure that if you tried just using normal leech it would feel pretty uncomfortable.

Apart from that though, Oni-Goroshi is a conversion weapon so the skill tree would have to be different as well. Furthermore, it only has 9 weapon range so your cyclone radius will probably feel small.

The "ideal" use of that sword on paper would just be blade flurry slayer, I think.

"
Euploid wrote:

I haven't looked into Oni-Goroshi much at all but I tried just plugging it in to my generic PoB for a lvl 90 character with around 5k life. The degen is around 1k/s, so without the overleech buffer from Slayer you would need to use something other than basic leech to combat/nullify it. Purity of Fire and Vitality come to mind as auras to use. I'm pretty sure that if you tried just using normal leech it would feel pretty uncomfortable.

Apart from that though, Oni-Goroshi is a conversion weapon so the skill tree would have to be different as well. Furthermore, it only has 9 weapon range so your cyclone radius will probably feel small.

The "ideal" use of that sword on paper would just be blade flurry slayer, I think.

Thank you, sir. I had just gotten my Ranger up to level 50, but better to stop now than find out even later :)
Thanks for the tips :D

So for the shaper, it might be better to use something like increase critical damage instead of hypothermia?
"
Scorpiaa wrote:
Thanks for the tips :D

So for the shaper, it might be better to use something like increase critical damage instead of hypothermia?

Yes or elemental focus. You can use inc crit strikes, crit damage or added lightning for mapping, just use your PoB to figure out which of the latter two is more damage.
Received the following question in a PM.
"
VegethRage wrote:
First, thanks mate for the amazing build! i really enjoy playing it, really fast clear speed and works fine with boss too.

Anyway, i got a (newbe?) question, why doesn't my ice bite works? i mean, it doesn't cast the typical effect skill of ice bite so i'm not sure if it works or not.
I read some tips in the net about the cold dmgs to enhance the freezing time, my cyclone does some good cold dmgs (from 1288 to 2013) but it seems useless, is it to low to trigger ib? , what should i do?

Thanks

Regards

Are you talking about Herald of Ice? Ice bite is just damage and chance to freeze, it doesn't have a trigger or activation.

Assuming you mean HoI that you don't see triggering, the most likely reason is your crit chance. I will add, however, that the ice spikes you see in my videos are MTX, that is not the default Herald of Ice animation, so if you're confused about not seeing the spikes, that is why.

For enemies to shatter from HoI they need to be frozen when they die, and for enemies to be frozen you usually need to crit (you can get chance to freeze by other means but for this build it's basically just crit).

With Diamond flask up you have 39.5% chance to crit, when it should preferably be closer to 70%. You have some pretty good gear but there's no crit chance anywhere other than Starkonja. Most importantly you have no crit chance on your foil, which is the most important item by far to have crit on.

All base types of weapons have a base crit chance, for foils it's 5.5%. Chance to crit on attack is then calculated like this:

"

where BaseCriticalStrikeChance is the base critical strike chance of the skill or weapon, AdditionalCriticalStrikeChance is the sum of all relevant +#% to Critical Strike Chance and IncreasedCriticalStrikeChance is the sum of all relevant #% increased Critical Strike Chance.

For example, if the player is using a weapon with 5% chance to crit, and has +1% to Critical Strike Chance and 50% increased Critical Strike Chance, he will have a 9% chance to score a critical strike.

The reason why crit chance on your weapon is so important is that %increased critical strike chance on a weapon is a Local modifier, as opposed to the %increased critical strike chance on for example Rat's Nest, which is Global. What this means is that in the above formula, your BaseCriticalStrikeChance is modified by the local modifier before any other calculations are performed, so local crit chance increases your base critical strike chance.

For your character specifically, your current foil has 5.5% base crit and with a diamond flask you end up at 39.5% chance to crit. If I add 25% local crit chance to your foil in PoB, your weapons base crit is changed to 6.88% and your effective crit chance goes up by 9%, to 47.8%. If you add power charges on top of that, you'll end up at 59%.

The above writeup should really be somewhere in the guide since I keep getting questions from people with no local crit on their foil. Stat prio on foil is:

Attack speed > Crit chance >> T1 flat lightning > Multi > EDWA > Other flat ele rolls

EDPS on its own is not an indicator of a good foil.

This reply accidentally became a rant so if I didn't quite answer your question feel free to comment again.
Hey mate,

I made some changes to the Geef_geld character and would appreciate some feedback!
"
Tumzie wrote:
Hey mate,

I made some changes to the Geef_geld character and would appreciate some feedback!

Your passive tree is slightly suboptimal, change it to this: https://pastebin.com/LdssQrKc

Once you do that you'll get slightly over 5k life. I tried comparing your Darkness Enthroned to a Stygian Vise with EDWA and life, which would let you spec out of Cloth and Chain to take two more 5% life nodes. Would leave you at 5.4k life but you'd lose around 50k DPS: https://pastebin.com/NqVnpGS8

So if you want to be more tanky that's an option, the damage would still be totally fine for mapping but Darkness Enthroned is substantially more DPS if bossing is what you want to do.

Other than that just get +1 frenzy darkray vectors and if you want to keep using Daresso's Salute, ideally that should have +1 frenzy as well.

Lastly, Opal rings and jewels can always be improved but both of your Opals are pretty good so I'd look at jewels first.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info