[3.2] Elemental Crit Cyclone Raider - Fast, fun, deadly! - Ready for Bestiary league

"
Euploid wrote:
Received the following question via PM:
"
MALAFAMER wrote:
Hello sorry to bother you but i was wondering since your eye is fast for detecting big problems i wanted to share my current build with you to see if you can give some pointers on things you see i need to change on my build.
If you cant i understand so no worries! I dont have Lycosidae yet and im trying to play your build and wanted to see if you can help me on things i need to change ill leave the PoB export link here thank you!! Thanks for taking the time for making the post btw!
https://pastebin.com/tbhL2Jyd

First things first, you're only level 70 so you've just entered maps and all of your gear is bad and your gem levels are low. That's totally normal for a level 70 character but it means that the amount of feedback I can give you right now is limited. I'll try to go by order of importance.

1. You definitely don't need 3 life flasks and you shouldn't need a mana flask at all. If you want to keep a mana flask for now that's fine but just use one of each. You need a quicksilver flask, a diamond flask and atziri's promise. Since you've started mapping I also recommend getting any flask with the "of warding" suffix, it can be your diamond flask since we now need life flasks anyway so you can use that for Staunching. Silver flasks are good for mapping and stibnites are very good, especially for progressing through maps as it makes boss-killing much easier when your gear is bad.

2. You only have 103 int and it's killing your gem levels. This is very bad, because almost all of your damage comes from gems that scale damage with levels. Get a Fertile Mind jewel and place it where you currently have a rare jewel, by Studious Combatant and Profane chemistry. That will give you enough int to level your gems to full but eventually you will want gear with int on it so you can replace Fertile Mind in the tree with a different jewel.

3. You have very little +life on gear, so your max HP is very low. When you upgrade your gear, +life is a must on any item that can have it.

4. Your weapon has a lot of flat elemental damage but it has no crit chance. Your foil needs to have attack speed and crit chance, preferably both over 20%. You can get flat elemental damage elsewhere. If you look at my last comment before this one I did a gearcheck with the same problem and showed an example poe.trade search for foils with only suffixes. Attack speed and crit chance are the most important stats by far for the foil.

5. You're not generating power charges. Elemental weakness in the curse on hit setup isn't a bad idea but assassin's mark is just better. It generates power charges and it also makes enemies more likely to receive crits, so for your character it would up your effective crit chance by around 20%.

6. In Abyss league, I am becoming more and more convinced that Belt of the Deceiver is straight up worse than Tombfist with a Murderous jewel. The Intimidate effect was the only reason why Deceiver was BiS, but now with another source of intimidate available we need to reconsider.

Tombfist has attack speed, %life and an abyss jewel socket where you can put flat elemental damage, resists, life, whatever you need. It opens up your belt slot for a Stygian Vise with life, resists and EDWA and you can put another abyss jewel in the belt. Since Stygian Vises are dropping everywhere all the time, the price of a good rare belt is much lower than it has been normally, and the Abyss jewels are very good for this build.

7. Immolate isn't a bad idea for cyclone links, I actually never considered it but it is definitely something I need to look into further. I can say though that for your character in its current state it's not the right choice.

Immolate only works on burning enemies and you need to crit for ignites to happen. Your crit chance is quite low since you have no local crit chance on your foil, you're not using a diamond flask, you're not generating power charges, not using assassin's mark and not using the inc crit gem in cyclone links.

I suggest replacing it with the inc crit gem. For boss fights you can sub in elemental focus, added lightning or critical damage. Or immolate, I guess, but only if your crit chance is at least 30-40%.

8. Just to be sure you're aware, Empower and Enlighten don't have any effect at level 1. They need to be at least level 2 in order to do anything at all. If you want to keep using the Wrath+empower+enlighten setup you could look into getting a Magna Eclipsis after you've upgraded the rest of your gear a bit. Magna Eclipsis has +2 to socketed gems so it works really well with empower+enlighten.

Without any specific questions that's all I can think of for now. If there's anything you're wondering about that I didn't address, just ask again.

Ok thank you so much that is much much more then what i asked for thanks for taking the time to help me so much ... i already started working on all this thing really thanks so much
Last edited by MALAFAMER on Dec 24, 2017, 10:34:15 PM
Ok i made almost all the changes and i went from 27k maximum dps on Cyclone to 81k lol i want to thank you so much and if you ever need someone to try something on this build just hit me up! Thanks!
Love the build, and love the guide. I play SSF and your sections on crafting a foil and stat priorities really helped me make it work. Thanks for all the hard work.

I have a few quick questions:

I noticed you level up shield charge/fortify/bm from looking at your gear. I am currently struggling meeting my str requirement and am wondering if I can just leave these gems at lvl 1 without much of a problem? Overall it is very hard for me to meet both my int/str requirement in general, as I can't buy rare amulets/jewels that help. I was thinking of trying to cut down on the str by only having anger (not enough int for wrath) and elemental damage to attacks leveled up.

I don't have an enlighten and I am wondering if I can still run the blasphemy enfeeble setup or should I stick with Anger/HoI. Should I go with the blasphemy enfeeble setup if I don't have a blue dream jewel, and still rely on HoI linked to Assassins mark to generate power charges?

I am currently looking to chance a unique helm. I read through your helm discussion, it seems like both Rat's Nest and Starkonjas are good. If you could only choose one, is Rat's Nest the BiS?

Lastly which setup do you prefer Tombfist and Rare Stygian or Maligaro's Virtuosity and Belt of the Deciever. I luckily have found all these and am trying them out. I have looked at Path of Building, but it is hard for me to compare given how different abyss jewels can be.

Thanks a lot. This is the best guide I have followed, and I was finally able to beat Atziri, Uber Izaro and red maps, which is a first for me. I looking to try and kill Guardians and Shaper this league as well, and I think I can do it thanks to your guide.
"
PandaCodeRed wrote:
Love the build, and love the guide. I play SSF and your sections on crafting a foil and stat priorities really helped me make it work. Thanks for all the hard work.

I have a few quick questions:

I noticed you level up shield charge/fortify/bm from looking at your gear. I am currently struggling meeting my str requirement and am wondering if I can just leave these gems at lvl 1 without much of a problem? Overall it is very hard for me to meet both my int/str requirement in general, as I can't buy rare amulets/jewels that help. I was thinking of trying to cut down on the str by only having anger (not enough int for wrath) and elemental damage to attacks leveled up.

I don't have an enlighten and I am wondering if I can still run the blasphemy enfeeble setup or should I stick with Anger/HoI. Should I go with the blasphemy enfeeble setup if I don't have a blue dream jewel, and still rely on HoI linked to Assassins mark to generate power charges?

I am currently looking to chance a unique helm. I read through your helm discussion, it seems like both Rat's Nest and Starkonjas are good. If you could only choose one, is Rat's Nest the BiS?

Lastly which setup do you prefer Tombfist and Rare Stygian or Maligaro's Virtuosity and Belt of the Deciever. I luckily have found all these and am trying them out. I have looked at Path of Building, but it is hard for me to compare given how different abyss jewels can be.

Thanks a lot. This is the best guide I have followed, and I was finally able to beat Atziri, Uber Izaro and red maps, which is a first for me. I looking to try and kill Guardians and Shaper this league as well, and I think I can do it thanks to your guide.

1. All the gems you mentioned don't need to be leveled, I just prefer it for the incrementally higher "free" mana leech in no regen maps. Shield charge gains some damage, fortify gains duration from levels and quality, neither of which are very important. BM just reduces the cost slightly so lvl 1 vs lvl 20 doesn't really matter at all for this build. You can just get new lvl 1 gems and level them to whatever your str ends up being and then leave them there, or leave them at 1. Either is fine.

2. blasphemy+2 heralds with no enlighten reserves 85% mana, where you're currently reserving 75%. If you're not feeling any issues with mana leech currently it's worth a try. You can't use the curse on hit-assassin's mark setup with blasphemy enfeeble unless you have +1 to curse limit somewhere on your gear, though. I have actually tested it and you'll gain the occasional power charge but it's not reliable at all.

If you use the blasphemy setup with no blue dream you'll need a different PC generator. The ones I've been recommending are:

CWDT-BV-PCoC-(Inc crit)
Vengeance/Reckoning-PCoC-Inc crit

3. If you're looking to chance uniques I'd recommend darkray vectors or lycosidae rather than a helm. Both of those are much more important than Rat's Nest/Starkonja. Rare eva helmets are mostly fine. Rat's nest is BiS for softcore because it has MS and high crit, Starkonja is a secondary recommendation for players that want more maximum life.

4. I prefer Tombfist, because rare belts can roll much better stats than gloves can and it lets you use two abyssal jewels as well. You'll have more life for sure and in most cases more damage because of EDWA on belt and flat on jewels. If you have the resists to be able to use Maligaro's instead of rare gloves they might give you more damage than tombfist+stygian but still the flexibility a rare belt and two abyss jewel sockets gives you is really valuable.

Thank you for the kind words, I really appreciate it. Good luck reaching your league goals! :)
Last edited by Euploid on Dec 25, 2017, 10:13:55 PM
Hey there!

I'm trying to get this build rolling. Just bought a 6L Bronn's and a Blue Dream jewel.

Can you look over my character and give me some pointers? Got arou nd 1400 chaos to spend.

Character: Geef_geld

Thanks in advance!
Loving this build. Got to t15 maps this season because of it but im having a hard time surviving some encounters like beyond bosses and some t11-15 bosses any suggestions?

Here my POB:
https://pastebin.com/eDZmLXNM
"
craver315 wrote:
Loving this build. Got to t15 maps this season because of it but im having a hard time surviving some encounters like beyond bosses and some t11-15 bosses any suggestions?

Here my POB:
https://pastebin.com/eDZmLXNM

There aren't really any huge mistakes or quick fix problems I can see. The obvious: your life total is a bit low and I don't see a Stibnite flask. Stibnites help a lot with map bosses, but the main problem is your life total. You have 1 wasted passive point in the vitality void cluster, respec that extra Life Leech node to a life node.

Other than that you just need to prioritise getting a higher life pool. Maybe your jewel choices are a bit greedy? The one non-abyss jewel you have has no %life on it, and the Whispering Prism Abyss jewel also has no +life.

You're also missing Intimidate, which is understandable considering how your resists are currently balanced. You should easily be able to upgrade that Stygian Vise for more resists or some EDWA, preferably both. You should want to be able to equip Tombfist and Lycosidae at some point as well.

I can tell that the int requirement has forced you to get suboptimal jewellery, so maybe you should try using Fertile Mind to just circumvent that while you get your rares ready for tombfist+lycosidae.

You're doing it right, you just need to upgrade your rares and eventually get a lycosidae. Stibnite should help somewhat with single-target encounters.

"
Tumzie wrote:
Hey there!

I'm trying to get this build rolling. Just bought a 6L Bronn's and a Blue Dream jewel.

Can you look over my character and give me some pointers? Got arou nd 1400 chaos to spend.

Character: Geef_geld

Thanks in advance!

Life total is quite low because you just don't have any life on jewels at all and you're using Daresso's Salute, which doesn't have any +life. Taste of Hate is sort of useless for this build with all the dodge and evasion, a Stibnite is probably better defensively and you don't have any phys damage to convert so it's not doing anything offensively.

Rings are really good, but I'd get a rare amulet with a high life roll instead of that Bronn's.

Your foil has no local crit chance. Attack speed and ele rolls are good but no crit chance just makes it pretty bad. Your foil needs to have attack speed and crit chance.

You've got no source of intimidate. I would recommend switching your Darkness Enthroned for a good Stygian Vise and using Tombfist. Darkness Enthroned is a good item but personally I would never use it unless both jewels had life rolls alongside their damage rolls. If you get a Stygian with EDWA and use Tombfist, I'm fairly confident your DPS would be higher or similar, while giving you more life as well.

With your low life total your leech rate is not very high, so for me the Damage on Full is questionable. If you're remaining at full most of the time when playing, by all means continue to use it, but myself I would replace it with Added Cold when playing with that life total.

Lastly, I mentioned jewels briefly above but just to reiterate, every single jewel you have equipped should have either +life or %life. With VP gone, the glass cannon concept isn't viable for melee builds anymore. Increasing your life pool not only makes you less likely to die outright but also increases your leech rate.

Also, as stated in the guide I highly recommend linking your shield charge to Blood Magic. Get +1 frenzy darkrays at some point too but get your life pool over 5k first C:
First of all, thank you for the great build guide! It is really easy to follow.

A few minutes ago i was kinda bored and tried to chaos spam an iLvl 80 Elder Jewelled Foil and after like 350c i got this:

The Elemental Damage Rolls could be higher but the rest is quite nifty i guess. :P
"
Euploid wrote:
"
Jerome48 wrote:
Really like the build so far but had a few questions.
1. When you say tooltip crit chance do you mean in the character menu?(New to the game so dont know some of the terminology yet)
2. What would you recommend to generate power charges? I cant afford blue dream right now and I am pretty sure that is one of my big problems.
3.What gem setup should I run if I do not have Atziri's. I feel like im running out of mana all the time if i try to run HofT, HofI with the enfeeble/blasphemy setup. Sorry if any of this seems confusing. Thanks for the help!

1. Tooltip crit is the number on your character sheet, under Cyclone it is labeled "Main Hand Critical Strike Chance". That number doesn't change when you activate a diamond flask and it doesn't take accuracy into account either. PoB can show you effective crit chance, which takes diamond flask and accuracy into account. That is your actual chance to crit.

2. You can try replacing HoT and blasphemy-enfeeble with Wrath and linking curse on hit-assassin's mark to your HoI. If you do that I recommend putting enfeeble in where tempest shield is right now in your CWDT. This setup is a lot weaker defensively but Wrath grants considerably more damage than HoT.

If you want to continue using the Enfeeble setup, there are two options you can try for automated PC generation without Blue Dream:

CWDT-Blade Vortex-Power Charge on Crit-(Inc crit) Keep the CWDT at level 1 and BV at the highest level it can be and still be triggered by CWDT

Vengeance/Reckoning-PCoC-Inc Crit

Neither of those is very reliable but they do work to some extent.

3. I think damage on full is questionable with your current gear. I'd replace it with inc crit for your current setup. Sub in Elemental Focus, added lightning or critical damage for bossing. The reason you're running out of mana is that your damage-to-attack speed ratio is too low so your leech isn't high enough to compensate for how often you're casting cyclone. It should feel better with more crit and higher DPS but if it still feels off you can try picking up another mana leech node or a "mana gained on hit" jewel.

Some other pointers:

1. Your foil has good flat ele rolls but the suffixes are what you really need, and you have no local crit chance on your foil. In Abyss league in particular, Abyss jewels can give you tons of flat ele so your foil itself is one of the least important pieces for it. I ran this poe.trade search and found a 10c foil that would give you 8% more DPS and 12% higher effective crit chance. If you're taking advantage of flat ele damage from abyss jewels, the EDWA prefix that can roll on foils is also much better now than it was previously.

To expand a little on the previous point: Tombfist and Darkness Enthroned are insanely good for this build if you can get the right jewels. Your current spiked gloves are pretty good but if you replace them with tombfist, you can get flat ele, life, resists etc from the socket(s). It also frees up your belt slot (because the gloves intimidate with a murderous jewel, you don't need Deceiver anymore) so you could use a stygian vise with high resists, life and/or EDWA and get yet another abyss jewel with flat ele and life.

If you get the right jewels for it, Darkness Enthroned has crazy potential as well. The Abyss jewels can roll flat ele, life, resists, attack speed, etc. and the belt just multiplies the stats by 1.5. I wrote a summary about abyss jewels that you can find in the last section of the guide, but I see you've already leveled two characters to 85+ so you probably know all about them already.

I still have a lot of work to do with updating the guide to fit Abyss league, the above pointers are part of what needs to be in the main post but isn't quite there yet.

2. Your CWDT setup is leveled to 19. This is not what is usually recommended, but I'm realising now that I never actually specify in the gem links section of this guide. Usually you keep your CWDT at low levels, anywhere from 1-7 is the norm. The reason why is that with each level the damage threshold for it to trigger increases. Yours currently needs over 3k damage taken to trigger, so your linked gems are not triggering as often as they could be.

I think that's about it. If you have any other questions, feel free to comment again. Thanks for the questions, helps me figure out what I need to change/add to the main post.

Thank you for such a detailed response! I have fixed a lot of the problems you listed off for me and i was wondering if you could help me improve my gear even more. I was looking into buying atziris acurity but im not even sure if its worth anymore since you dont get the mana leech. This kinda related to my main question, but what would you consider the best overall setup for farming maps, no matter the cost. Thanks as always!
"
Jerome48 wrote:

Thank you for such a detailed response! I have fixed a lot of the problems you listed off for me and i was wondering if you could help me improve my gear even more. I was looking into buying atziris acurity but im not even sure if its worth anymore since you dont get the mana leech. This kinda related to my main question, but what would you consider the best overall setup for farming maps, no matter the cost. Thanks as always!

Patch notes were unclear on Acuity changes, I actually thought they would keep the instant mana leech but I'm learning just now after reading your post that they removed that too. Makes it even worse than I thought it would be. The stats are decent on their own and the VP effect isn't bad but for 14 ex you can get insane spiked gloves so I'm not convinced they're even worth it at all anymore.

For your character the next steps should be quality gems, Heralds first because the damage increase is global. Then +1 frenzy darkray vectors and better jewellery, i.e. Opal rings with EDWA and an amulet with multi and/or EDWA.

The best overall mapping setup is basically my own character but in Abyss I would probably use spiked gloves or Tombfist instead of the new Acuity. Headhunter is okay, it increases clearspeed to some extent but this build is already so fast that the increase doesn't really feel that impactful a lot of the time, but it is very fun to use. Also, if you want to use a Bisco's it will be difficult to keep yourself res-capped if you go for the other big boy uniques like Headhunter and Acuity.

"
DevilMayCry93 wrote:
First of all, thank you for the great build guide! It is really easy to follow.

A few minutes ago i was kinda bored and tried to chaos spam an iLvl 80 Elder Jewelled Foil and after like 350c i got this:

The Elemental Damage Rolls could be higher but the rest is quite nifty i guess. :P

Juicy. Grats :)
Last edited by Euploid on Dec 28, 2017, 11:20:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info