[3.2] Elemental Crit Cyclone Raider - Fast, fun, deadly! - Ready for Bestiary league

is shield charge rly better than whirling blade ?! aand why ?!
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
"
Hodeskalle wrote:
Would the new Shroud of the Lightless armor be any good in this build? That ele pen is preeeeetty sexy..

Need to PoB it, should be good for bossing but I can tell you even without plugging it in that Bronn's will be better for mapping.

"
xenochaos1 wrote:
is shield charge rly better than whirling blade ?! aand why ?!

Whirling blades is better for builds that stack attack speed but not movement speed since it only scales off attack speed. Shield charge scales off both movement and attack speed, so since this build can easily attain over 200% increased movement speed it is much faster.

Demonstrated here: https://youtu.be/K7oeWOpZyxw

Aside from the speed being much better, shield charge is better for proccing fortify and culling because it has an AoE when it ends, which whirling blades doesn't.

On new showcase vids: I had much less free time today than expected. Will edit them tomorrow for sure.
Last edited by Euploid on Dec 17, 2017, 8:01:06 PM
i dont know how to raise more my damage, i try poe build and dont know how u got 811000 dps and i got 70000 xD if u can check my character and tell me some tips "TreirkCydospuntocero" my character
"
treirk wrote:
i dont know how to raise more my damage, i try poe build and dont know how u got 811000 dps and i got 70000 xD if u can check my character and tell me some tips "TreirkCydospuntocero" my character

Low gem levels, no damage flasks, bad foil, no intimidate (belt of the deceiver or tombfist), no damage stats on jewellery, very bad rare jewels. I can't go trough your gear step-by-step and tell you why everything is wrong, the text is already there in the guide. Itemize your character properly according to the instructions already provided.
Finished editing the new footage. There was more lost footage due to shadowplay not working than I thought so I had to redo Shaper and Minotaur. This time Shaper was deathless, but the DoT damage is still super dangerous now so you need to be careful of beam and vortexes.

https://youtu.be/X1YdxihKDfY
"
Hodeskalle wrote:
Would the new Shroud of the Lightless armor be any good in this build? That ele pen is preeeeetty sexy..

I tried plugging Shroud of the Lightless into PoB, you need to make a custom jewel with 37% pen for the calculations to work because the "supported by lvl 20 Elemental Penetration" isn't supported on its own.

The particular PoB I'm using has 695k shaper DPS with conc effect and elemental focus as 5th and 6th link. I removed added cold, switched the body armour and equipped the jewel to simulate. DPS after this change was 562k, so it's a 20% DPS loss vs Bronn's.
"
Euploid wrote:
you need to make a custom jewel with 37% pen for the calculations to work because the "supported by lvl 20 Elemental Penetration" isn't supported on its own.

For future reference, I believe you can just add a seventh gem to the links.

Loving this build; I threw it on a level 87 raider I had in standard because I had legacy Acuity to wear.
"
wyvernfist wrote:
"
Euploid wrote:
you need to make a custom jewel with 37% pen for the calculations to work because the "supported by lvl 20 Elemental Penetration" isn't supported on its own.

For future reference, I believe you can just add a seventh gem to the links.

Loving this build; I threw it on a level 87 raider I had in standard because I had legacy Acuity to wear.

I tried adding a gem but Elemental Penetration isn't a real support gem (only exists as a part of that particular unique afaik) so it's not available from the drop-down, unless I'm missing something and you can make a custom support gem. The custom jewel thing should be accurate anyway.

Glad you're enjoying the build C:
Last edited by Euploid on Dec 19, 2017, 1:07:55 PM
I did a cursory search of the thread and can't find an straight forward answer to this question soo...

What single target skills play well with this talent tree? This is only my second league and I'm a little overwhelmed but I know what I'm looking for.

I found a shaper foil for dirt cheap with 20 EWDA and 20 faster attacks supporting that I don't need to hold any important skills, what could I put in there to melt bosses? I'm trying molten strike with multistrike and added cold but it seems like it's basically the same as my cyclone atm and I don't have any projectile bonuses. Is there a skill this tree could support? Frostblades?

I know my gear is kinda bad but I'm just trying to clear my uber lab without outside help. Right now I'm PoBing what blade flurry would look like but a little direction would be super helpful!
"
Xetian wrote:
I did a cursory search of the thread and can't find an straight forward answer to this question soo...

What single target skills play well with this talent tree? This is only my second league and I'm a little overwhelmed but I know what I'm looking for.

I found a shaper foil for dirt cheap with 20 EWDA and 20 faster attacks supporting that I don't need to hold any important skills, what could I put in there to melt bosses? I'm trying molten strike with multistrike and added cold but it seems like it's basically the same as my cyclone atm and I don't have any projectile bonuses. Is there a skill this tree could support? Frostblades?

I know my gear is kinda bad but I'm just trying to clear my uber lab without outside help. Right now I'm PoBing what blade flurry would look like but a little direction would be super helpful!

Blade flurry is probably your best bet if you want to actively switch between the two skills, using cyclone for clear and the other for single target. Support with Ice Bite and conc effect.

However, I think you would get more bang for your buck out of just putting Ancestral Protector in there and using that alongside cyclone. Support it with Added Cold and Elemental Focus and just try to get used to always keeping it up. It would basically be the same deal as with 2H phys cyclone builds where the Ancestral Warchief is actually a substantial portion of your single target dps on its own.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info