[3.2] Elemental Crit Cyclone Raider - Fast, fun, deadly! - Ready for Bestiary league

Just a quick question; since Lycosidae is like ultra-expensive now, what do you suggest as an alternative? Just a good rare shield and stack accuracy to make up for it? I've always loved Lycosidae on melee builds as well, it was rivaled by none.. But now that they increased the rarity you're looking at like 4ex on SC Abyss league for one. Stacking accuracy plus all the other stats is normally a pain and expensive especially on jewelry, but I think with the new Abyss jewels covering a ton of our flat ele dmg it's doable on a decent budget. Thoughts?
"
Eiiko wrote:
Just a quick question; since Lycosidae is like ultra-expensive now, what do you suggest as an alternative? Just a good rare shield and stack accuracy to make up for it? I've always loved Lycosidae on melee builds as well, it was rivaled by none.. But now that they increased the rarity you're looking at like 4ex on SC Abyss league for one. Stacking accuracy plus all the other stats is normally a pain and expensive especially on jewelry, but I think with the new Abyss jewels covering a ton of our flat ele dmg it's doable on a decent budget. Thoughts?

I never know how to answer questions like these without sounding rude but... you obviously just didn't read the guide, or you read the old version and haven't looked at the updated sections. I've already answered these questions in the main post. You shouldn't need more than aroudn 1000 flat accuracy from gear to reach 90%, which should be enough.

Anyway, personally I would probably go with a rare shield but Magna Eclipsis (mostly for the +2 to gems) and Chernobog's pillar are options as well.

This would be the perfect rare shield:
Last edited by Euploid on Dec 20, 2017, 11:18:47 AM
"
Euploid wrote:

I never know how to answer questions like these without sounding rude but... you obviously just didn't read the guide, or you read the old version and haven't looked at the updated sections. I've already answered these questions in the main post. You shouldn't need more than aroudn 1000 flat accuracy from gear to reach 90%, which should be enough.

Anyway, personally I would probably go with a rare shield but Magna Eclipsis (mostly for the +2 to gems) and Chernobog's pillar are options as well.

This would be the perfect rare shield:

Sorry man, I'm sure you get these questions all the time. I saw you suggested the other 2 uniques but I was wondering what you personally would prefer to use if you couldn't use Lycosidae. Thanks for answering.
"
Eiiko wrote:

Sorry man, I'm sure you get these questions all the time. I saw you suggested the other 2 uniques but I was wondering what you personally would prefer to use if you couldn't use Lycosidae. Thanks for answering.

It's fine, I actually looked at the shield section of main post again after your post and realised I should probably rework it to include how much accuracy you need and maybe add that example of a "perfect" rare shield.

If you're using Wrath with an empower setup Magna Eclipsis is really good though. The enfeeble effect from chernobog's is kinda neat but CWDT-enfeeble sort of fulfills the same purpose.

Since I would probably just use a blasphemy enfeeble from the start I think I would use a rare shield. Apart from having the highest +life, rare shields also give you some flexibility in the rest of your items. Nicely rolled shields tend not to be expensive since there aren't many builds that use them, so you can get high resists and stuff, which then lets you focus on int or accuracy on other pieces.
I have 2 doubts that I still have work to have a person like the one in the guide but I am also worried about how to activate the power of the people who have this combination of gems

and there are my doubts:

1 is activated by critical chance or physical damage ?

PD: anyway I put my POB in case I have something wrong but I know that I still have to take objects like opal and other thanks https://pastebin.com/6mEzs81B
"
Siquica wrote:
I have 2 doubts that I still have work to have a person like the one in the guide but I am also worried about how to activate the power of the people who have this combination of gems

and there are my doubts:

1 is activated by critical chance or physical damage ?

PD: anyway I put my POB in case I have something wrong but I know that I still have to take objects like opal and other thanks https://pastebin.com/6mEzs81B

Did you google translate that comment? It's very hard to understand what you are asking.

I guess you are asking why your curse on hit is not working? If that is the question, it's because you are using Elemental focus in cyclone links. Herald of Ice can only activate if the enemies you kill are frozen but elemental focus makes your cyclone unable to freeze.

You should only use elemental focus for killing tough bosses, put increased critical strikes or something else there when you are mapping.

If you want some other tips:

1. If you can get the resists right you should try to use either Tombfist or Belt of the Deceiver to get Intimidate. Gives you more damage.

2. Your weapon is not bad but harpy rapier is a bad base because it has low attack speed. Jewelled Foil, Fancy Foil and Spiraled Foil are the best bases.

3. Reduced mana doesn't do anything when you link it to Anger. If you want Anger to reserve less mana you need to use Enlighten.
very thx yes is traslate google i spanis sorry no speak englis and yes using Elemental focus in cyclone links very thx change for other gem
Really like the build so far but had a few questions.
1. When you say tooltip crit chance do you mean in the character menu?(New to the game so dont know some of the terminology yet)
2. What would you recommend to generate power charges? I cant afford blue dream right now and I am pretty sure that is one of my big problems.
3.What gem setup should I run if I do not have Atziri's. I feel like im running out of mana all the time if i try to run HofT, HofI with the enfeeble/blasphemy setup. Sorry if any of this seems confusing. Thanks for the help!
"
Jerome48 wrote:
Really like the build so far but had a few questions.
1. When you say tooltip crit chance do you mean in the character menu?(New to the game so dont know some of the terminology yet)
2. What would you recommend to generate power charges? I cant afford blue dream right now and I am pretty sure that is one of my big problems.
3.What gem setup should I run if I do not have Atziri's. I feel like im running out of mana all the time if i try to run HofT, HofI with the enfeeble/blasphemy setup. Sorry if any of this seems confusing. Thanks for the help!

1. Tooltip crit is the number on your character sheet, under Cyclone it is labeled "Main Hand Critical Strike Chance". That number doesn't change when you activate a diamond flask and it doesn't take accuracy into account either. PoB can show you effective crit chance, which takes diamond flask and accuracy into account. That is your actual chance to crit.

2. You can try replacing HoT and blasphemy-enfeeble with Wrath and linking curse on hit-assassin's mark to your HoI. If you do that I recommend putting enfeeble in where tempest shield is right now in your CWDT. This setup is a lot weaker defensively but Wrath grants considerably more damage than HoT.

If you want to continue using the Enfeeble setup, there are two options you can try for automated PC generation without Blue Dream:

CWDT-Blade Vortex-Power Charge on Crit-(Inc crit) Keep the CWDT at level 1 and BV at the highest level it can be and still be triggered by CWDT

Vengeance/Reckoning-PCoC-Inc Crit

Neither of those is very reliable but they do work to some extent.

3. I think damage on full is questionable with your current gear. I'd replace it with inc crit for your current setup. Sub in Elemental Focus, added lightning or critical damage for bossing. The reason you're running out of mana is that your damage-to-attack speed ratio is too low so your leech isn't high enough to compensate for how often you're casting cyclone. It should feel better with more crit and higher DPS but if it still feels off you can try picking up another mana leech node or a "mana gained on hit" jewel.

Some other pointers:

1. Your foil has good flat ele rolls but the suffixes are what you really need, and you have no local crit chance on your foil. In Abyss league in particular, Abyss jewels can give you tons of flat ele so your foil itself is one of the least important pieces for it. I ran this poe.trade search and found a 10c foil that would give you 8% more DPS and 12% higher effective crit chance. If you're taking advantage of flat ele damage from abyss jewels, the EDWA prefix that can roll on foils is also much better now than it was previously.

To expand a little on the previous point: Tombfist and Darkness Enthroned are insanely good for this build if you can get the right jewels. Your current spiked gloves are pretty good but if you replace them with tombfist, you can get flat ele, life, resists etc from the socket(s). It also frees up your belt slot (because the gloves intimidate with a murderous jewel, you don't need Deceiver anymore) so you could use a stygian vise with high resists, life and/or EDWA and get yet another abyss jewel with flat ele and life.

If you get the right jewels for it, Darkness Enthroned has crazy potential as well. The Abyss jewels can roll flat ele, life, resists, attack speed, etc. and the belt just multiplies the stats by 1.5. I wrote a summary about abyss jewels that you can find in the last section of the guide, but I see you've already leveled two characters to 85+ so you probably know all about them already.

I still have a lot of work to do with updating the guide to fit Abyss league, the above pointers are part of what needs to be in the main post but isn't quite there yet.

2. Your CWDT setup is leveled to 19. This is not what is usually recommended, but I'm realising now that I never actually specify in the gem links section of this guide. Usually you keep your CWDT at low levels, anywhere from 1-7 is the norm. The reason why is that with each level the damage threshold for it to trigger increases. Yours currently needs over 3k damage taken to trigger, so your linked gems are not triggering as often as they could be.

I think that's about it. If you have any other questions, feel free to comment again. Thanks for the questions, helps me figure out what I need to change/add to the main post.
Last edited by Euploid on Dec 23, 2017, 11:23:19 PM
Received the following question via PM:
"
MALAFAMER wrote:
Hello sorry to bother you but i was wondering since your eye is fast for detecting big problems i wanted to share my current build with you to see if you can give some pointers on things you see i need to change on my build.
If you cant i understand so no worries! I dont have Lycosidae yet and im trying to play your build and wanted to see if you can help me on things i need to change ill leave the PoB export link here thank you!! Thanks for taking the time for making the post btw!
https://pastebin.com/tbhL2Jyd

First things first, you're only level 70 so you've just entered maps and all of your gear is bad and your gem levels are low. That's totally normal for a level 70 character but it means that the amount of feedback I can give you right now is limited. I'll try to go by order of importance.

1. You definitely don't need 3 life flasks and you shouldn't need a mana flask at all. If you want to keep a mana flask for now that's fine but just use one of each. You need a quicksilver flask, a diamond flask and atziri's promise. Since you've started mapping I also recommend getting any flask with the "of warding" suffix, it can be your diamond flask since we now need life flasks anyway so you can use that for Staunching. Silver flasks are good for mapping and stibnites are very good, especially for progressing through maps as it makes boss-killing much easier when your gear is bad.

2. You only have 103 int and it's killing your gem levels. This is very bad, because almost all of your damage comes from gems that scale damage with levels. Get a Fertile Mind jewel and place it where you currently have a rare jewel, by Studious Combatant and Profane chemistry. That will give you enough int to level your gems to full but eventually you will want gear with int on it so you can replace Fertile Mind in the tree with a different jewel.

3. You have very little +life on gear, so your max HP is very low. When you upgrade your gear, +life is a must on any item that can have it.

4. Your weapon has a lot of flat elemental damage but it has no crit chance. Your foil needs to have attack speed and crit chance, preferably both over 20%. You can get flat elemental damage elsewhere. If you look at my last comment before this one I did a gearcheck with the same problem and showed an example poe.trade search for foils with only suffixes. Attack speed and crit chance are the most important stats by far for the foil.

5. You're not generating power charges. Elemental weakness in the curse on hit setup isn't a bad idea but assassin's mark is just better. It generates power charges and it also makes enemies more likely to receive crits, so for your character it would up your effective crit chance by around 20%.

6. In Abyss league, I am becoming more and more convinced that Belt of the Deceiver is straight up worse than Tombfist with a Murderous jewel. The Intimidate effect was the only reason why Deceiver was BiS, but now with another source of intimidate available we need to reconsider.

Tombfist has attack speed, %life and an abyss jewel socket where you can put flat elemental damage, resists, life, whatever you need. It opens up your belt slot for a Stygian Vise with life, resists and EDWA and you can put another abyss jewel in the belt. Since Stygian Vises are dropping everywhere all the time, the price of a good rare belt is much lower than it has been normally, and the Abyss jewels are very good for this build.

7. Immolate isn't a bad idea for cyclone links, I actually never considered it but it is definitely something I need to look into further. I can say though that for your character in its current state it's not the right choice.

Immolate only works on burning enemies and you need to crit for ignites to happen. Your crit chance is quite low since you have no local crit chance on your foil, you're not using a diamond flask, you're not generating power charges, not using assassin's mark and not using the inc crit gem in cyclone links.

I suggest replacing it with the inc crit gem. For boss fights you can sub in elemental focus, added lightning or critical damage. Or immolate, I guess, but only if your crit chance is at least 30-40%.

8. Just to be sure you're aware, Empower and Enlighten don't have any effect at level 1. They need to be at least level 2 in order to do anything at all. If you want to keep using the Wrath+empower+enlighten setup you could look into getting a Magna Eclipsis after you've upgraded the rest of your gear a bit. Magna Eclipsis has +2 to socketed gems so it works really well with empower+enlighten.

Without any specific questions that's all I can think of for now. If there's anything you're wondering about that I didn't address, just ask again.
Last edited by Euploid on Dec 24, 2017, 9:46:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info