[3.2] Elemental Crit Cyclone Raider - Fast, fun, deadly! - Ready for Bestiary league

"
taanhdung wrote:
Hi bro,
Your guide is so nice but i have a question: How do you manage your mana ? My cyclone's mana cost is 51 and with 220 mana (after reservation) i ussualy run out of mana if not using flask. Mana leech is so bad lol

This is a recurring issue for people starting the build. I never encountered it myself aside from single-target encounters but I think I've been able to pinpoint why it happens.

It's a matter of damage-to-"cast" speed ratio, that is to say if you've gotten all the frenzy charges and stuff but don't have Bronn's, Opal Rings, high level gems etc, your damage output and thus leech isn't high enough to keep up with how often you're casting cyclone.

Once you upgrade your body armour to Bronn's you should notice it a lot less, possibly not at all. Until then you can try picking up the Spirit Void node or a jewel with mana gain on hit. Yet another thing to try is just moving your mouse pointer a bit farther away from your character so that each cyclone "cast" is a longer. Cyclone costs mana each time you select a new point to travel to, so if you just increase the distance of each cast you'll be spending the mana less frequently.
Last edited by Euploid on Jan 3, 2018, 7:43:01 AM
"
Euploid wrote:
"
pedromanoeltj wrote:
I just wanted to give you my thanks, this build is amazing to start a league, the gear and the dps/survivability scales so fucking well when you invest currency. Right now i've been able to do up to tier 12, but must be careful with the facetaking in the higher tier maps (hit and run). At the moment i must have spent something like 100 chaos in the whole gear and I'm saving for the Lycosidae. The 6-link Bronn doesn't feel like a major upgrade when the 5-link is doing so much. Still my only problem is the low mana when i use Wrath + Empower, maybe its because my Enlighten is only level 2. One thing i've been trying are the new abyss jewels which seem to greatly improve the dps. That's it, this build is fun and can farm a lot of different contents easily (i use leap slam in the lab tho). Again, thanks man, your guide is awesome!!!

EDIT: My character is Cyclone_dnv_kkkkkkk, what do you think i must prioritize in terms of upgrade? Right now im working on the Lycosidae, im worried cause right now i can only achieve 4.6k life

Thank you for the kind words :)

Your character list is set to private though, so I can't look at them before you make it public.

It's public now =)
"
pedromanoeltj wrote:

EDIT: My character is Cyclone_dnv_kkkkkkk, what do you think i must prioritize in terms of upgrade? Right now im working on the Lycosidae, im worried cause right now i can only achieve 4.6k life

Lycosidae should be your next big upgrade but before that you can still make small upgrades.

I've been recommending Tombfist to everyone and I'm going to keep doing it because I just think Tombfist+Stygian is better than Deceiver+rare gloves. What I would probably do with that character is get Tombfist, a nice stygian vise and jewels for their sockets. Then I'd get a Fertile Mind and try to upgrade jewellery without having to worry about int requirements, using a budget of like 10c each slot.

When you're poor, taking shortcuts like using a Fertile Mind can be super valuable in the short term because it will allow you to get much better accessories when you don't need to worry about stat requirements nearly as much.

After that I'd get an unlinked bronn's and just put all your fusings into it while farming maps. Picked up 2 random fusings in the last map? Spend them on trying to 6-link your 2nd Bronn's but don't buy more fusings. Save all of your other currency for reliable upgrades while gambling for the 6-link with some of your pocket change. Get a Lycosidae after that and then a 6-link Bronn's if you haven't already hit it on your little side project. After that you can go for opals and stuff.

Last edited by Euploid on Jan 3, 2018, 8:14:59 AM
"
Euploid wrote:
"
taanhdung wrote:
Hi bro,
Your guide is so nice but i have a question: How do you manage your mana ? My cyclone's mana cost is 51 and with 220 mana (after reservation) i ussualy run out of mana if not using flask. Mana leech is so bad lol

This is a recurring issue for people starting the build. I never encountered it myself aside from single-target encounters but I think I've been able to pinpoint why it happens.

It's a matter of damage-to-"cast" speed ratio, that is to say if you've gotten all the frenzy charges and stuff but don't have Bronn's, Opal Rings, high level gems etc, your damage output and thus leech isn't high enough to keep up with how often you're casting cyclone.

Once you upgrade your body armour to Bronn's you should notice it a lot less, possibly not at all. Until then you can try picking up the Spirit Void node or a jewel with mana gain on hit. Yet another thing to try is just moving your mouse pointer a bit farther away from your character so that each cyclone "cast" is a longer. Cyclone costs mana each time you select a new point to travel to, so if you just increase the distance of each cast you'll be spending the mana less frequently.

I just hold the right-mouse and my mana blowed away :P Thanks for your reply
I have one more question: Is Rallying cry or Ancestral Protector better?
Anyway im using Damage on full life support but i think i should change it :D
Last edited by taanhdung on Jan 3, 2018, 9:20:16 AM
"
taanhdung wrote:
I have one more question: Is Rallying cry or Ancestral Protector better?
Anyway im using Damage on full life support but i think i should change it :D

Never even considered rallying cry, but that's an excellent idea especially if you're struggling with mana. Ancestral Protector is just there for some additional single-target DPS, I never use it otherwise, but for single-target it is definitely better than Rallying Cry.

Maybe you should just get rid of vaal lightning trap and use both? VLT is good but I don't like it very much for this build because the bosses tend to move a lot with cyclone as your main attack.

I'm gonna add Rallying Cry to the utility section of main post anyway, great idea.
I used both Rallying Cry and Vaal Lightning Trap :D great damage
Anyways do u have tips on fighting minotaur?
"
taanhdung wrote:
I used both Rallying Cry and Vaal Lightning Trap :D great damage
Anyways do u have tips on fighting minotaur?

Avoid slams and don't try to fight him in the circle it leaves. Try to stay in melee range so he doesn't dive. If he does dive, predict where he will erupt and dodge it (he always targets your current position at the moment he went underground). He will sometimes target totems with his dive so keep that in mind. If you need to go through a lightning barrier, be careful that he doesn't hit you with a dive while you're slowed. Try to keep fortify up for the whole fight (i.e. use shield charge on minotaur sometimes).
Started this build this league and I have to say I've really enjoyed it. I've tried to study the tree and the choices made to get a better understanding of how each of the mechanics interact with one another. I have swapped out Cyclone with BF at times, especially early on due to the mana regen, but soon got over that hump. After playing this with the smooth/fast gameplay it's hard going to another char, just feels so slow on the other ones LOL.

Can you take a quick glance to see what I may need to upgrade next to improve on. I've not been able to get the shield so I grabbed the scepter really cheap for now.

Thanks!
"
kevinhays wrote:
Started this build this league and I have to say I've really enjoyed it. I've tried to study the tree and the choices made to get a better understanding of how each of the mechanics interact with one another. I have swapped out Cyclone with BF at times, especially early on due to the mana regen, but soon got over that hump. After playing this with the smooth/fast gameplay it's hard going to another char, just feels so slow on the other ones LOL.

Can you take a quick glance to see what I may need to upgrade next to improve on. I've not been able to get the shield so I grabbed the scepter really cheap for now.

Thanks!

Your main problems right now are accuracy and HP pool, apart from missing the last ascendancy points. Your passive tree is also a little all over the place. Most of your rares are pretty decent, especially the belt is quite good. You're missing a Staunching flask and Warding needs to be on a utility flask, because recovery flasks stop their secondary effect as soon as your pool is full.

Doryani's is a bad choice, you can just get an eva shield with 80+ life and t1 accuracy for like 2c and that would be higher DPS and allow you to use shield charge for movement: http://poe.trade/search/ookiomiteraona

Prioritize finishing uber lab (buy a carry if you have to) and I'd probably just save for lycosidae straight up if I were you since the rest of your gear is pretty okay.

I made some changes to passives and gear in this PoB of your character, you can use it as reference: https://pastebin.com/yAGNsKzf

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info