[3.2] Elemental Crit Cyclone Raider - Fast, fun, deadly! - Ready for Bestiary league

"
YallaHabibi wrote:
Hey so this might be a pretty dumb question but when I kill monsters, I dont get that same icey shatter effect that you do in the gif youve got at the top page. I can hear monsters shatter and die but I dont get the cool ice going around after they die.

Did I do something wrong with my build?

If you're talking about the ice spikes on shatter, that's MTX called Gloom Herald: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjSuJ7sXpI4

I skimmed over your character and there isn't anything preventing HoI activation so I'm assuming the spikes are what you were looking for.
Last edited by Euploid on Jan 6, 2018, 10:40:38 AM
hey hey , am trying youre bild . am not a pro POE player . i cant get any dmg out off frost blades or what melee skill what so ever . what to do ?

I wanna try this build and i buyed the shield and the chest, the next important thing would be a good foil right?
"
gakkeroel wrote:
hey hey , am trying youre bild . am not a pro POE player . i cant get any dmg out off frost blades or what melee skill what so ever . what to do ?

Your characters are private so I can't look at them, please make them public and then comment again.

"

I wanna try this build and i buyed the shield and the chest, the next important thing would be a good foil right?

Yes, but don't spend too much on the foil. in Abyss league you can get so much flat ele from jewels that opal rings and EDWA on gear is more important than ever for good damage. For your foil the suffixes are most important by far, look for high attack speed and crit chance rolls with crit multi if you can get it. The EDWA prefix is also good but you'll want at least 1 high flat ele roll or 2 medium ones.

Leave enough in your budget for stuff like a good stygian vise and jewellery and a 2-socket Tombfist if you can afford it.

If you want to try crafting a foil I have a section on that at the end of the guide.
Last edited by Euploid on Jan 7, 2018, 1:11:31 PM
so can anyone whos currently playing this build let me know how it is currently endgame wise like t10-t15 and endgame bosses? may try this out but not sure yet
Heres what im using, clear speed is awesome, Havnt tried any bosses yet

thoughts? cyclone has 80% chance to hit i feel thats decent enough to not use lycoside
profile is public
"

thoughts? cyclone has 80% chance to hit i feel thats decent enough to not use lycoside
profile is public

I heard you should always be at minimum ~90% chance to hit.
Last edited by raz0rxxx on Jan 7, 2018, 8:41:27 PM
"

Spoiler

profile is public

I'm sorry but I'm just confused.

You're using a mirrored phys-based 2H axe, with phys-based support gems, but you're using flat ele auras/heralds and have no source of conversion other than taste of hate and the added fire support gem. You've taken sword nodes but are using an axe and you've taken crit nodes but that axe has no local crit.

I see that you're a standard player so I understand that when making a new character it's nice to just slap some gear together that you might have had lying around in your stash but that character doesn't make sense at all.

That axe is best suited for a character that makes good use of the physical damage it offers. You can certainly construct a character like that using a Raider and apply some of the ideas used in this build guide, but you need to change the passive tree to include phys and axe nodes and if you want to focus on ele damage you need sources of conversion. Hatred, Herald of ash, Phys-to-lightning support gem, Winter spirit passive node, etc. Stacking flat ele damage on top of that ridiculous amount of physical damage doesn't make much sense when you could just convert and scale the phys instead.

You're obviously not lacking for currency, so if you want to do a raider cyclone build with flat ele scaling just mirror Vortex Hunger, craft a foil or buy one.

If you want to do an axe build, use a different passive tree and gem setup. There's a guide in the ranger forums for a 2h-based ele conversion cyclone build, you could take a look at that: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2033057

To answer your question about the chance to hit, 90% is what you should aim for but the higher the better.
hey, can anyone let me know which weapon is better for this build?

which one of those 2 should i continue to craft for the build? or should i keep crafting for a better roll foil?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info