[3.2] Elemental Crit Cyclone Raider - Fast, fun, deadly! - Ready for Bestiary league

HI bro, Could you suggest me an alternative skill for boss like Shaper?
When fighting against Shaper my laptop got very low DPS (about 10-20 idk) and i couldn't control well, that made me dive into his beam and die :(
I tried blade flurry but the damage seems so bad
"
UhYuuki wrote:
hey, can anyone let me know which weapon is better for this build?

which one of those 2 should i continue to craft for the build? or should i keep crafting for a better roll foil?

Carrion Spiker is slightly better but personally I wouldn't exalt that foil. Just craft crit chance and use it as is.

"
taanhdung wrote:
HI bro, Could you suggest me an alternative skill for boss like Shaper?
When fighting against Shaper my laptop got very low DPS (about 10-20 idk) and i couldn't control well, that made me dive into his beam and die :(
I tried blade flurry but the damage seems so bad

I assume you mean your laptop was dropping frames?

Anyway, blade flurry can use all the same support gems that Cyclone can so that's why it is the default choice for single target swapping. You need to switch to conc effect and all that stuff to up the DPS as well.

I don't know if you have any experience using BF but to maximize your single-target damage you need to channel the attack until you reach 6 stacks and then release, channel again to 6, release, repeat. Don't just hold the attack until you need to dodge or something.

If you want to try a different skill than BF you'd need to change some of the support gems as well each time you swap. The only green skill gem you could try other than BF is Double Strike, but it is most likely worse than BF for single-target.

My Gear so far, it isnt perfect yet but your build is really fun so far :)
Would be a rare helmet a big dps decrease? It's really hard to balance cold/lightning resi with 5 uniques. A rare helmet would also make the search for some good opals rings easier i think.

Or should i try to get resistance on all jewels?
Last edited by V4ldaran on Jan 8, 2018, 8:56:47 PM
"
Would be a rare helmet a big dps decrease? It's really hard to balance cold/lightning resi with 5 uniques. A rare helmet would also make the search for some good opals rings easier i think.

Or should i try to get resistance on all jewels?

If you're using Starkonja over Rat's nest, a rare helmet is not a huge DPS loss and as long as you get a good life roll it's the best choice defensively.

For my own character, all of my jewels have resists and I've also taken the Cloth and Chain passive node for 15% all res. I never used Wise Oak though, because Vinktar+instant leech existed, so I have no experience with balancing resists for it with this particular build.

In Abyss league I think it's easy to justify using a rare helm since you don't want to waste Abyss jewel affixes on resists.
Allright i took now cloth and chain too and removed vitality void for now. Do you think vitality void is really usefull? It's just 150 more Leech in my PoB, and the note before Vitality Void give me nothing.
"
Allright i took now cloth and chain too and removed vitality void for now. Do you think vitality void is really usefull? It's just 150 more Leech in my PoB, and the note before Vitality Void give me nothing.

The absolute number is not what's important, you should be looking at relative increase of life leech rate. It should be around 15%, which I think is significant enough to warrant 2 points but just try using it vs not using it and decide for yourself.
"

My Gear so far, it isnt perfect yet but your build is really fun so far :)

Hey, it's my Pandemonium Saw I sold ya! I hope you're enjoying it well. Make sure to get wrath linked up to an empower gem.
So, I have been inspired by this build, and very much want to create an ele-cyclone raider. However, due to my experience so far in abyss league, I have taken a slightly different approach. My main character so far is an ice shot/barrage archer complete with dying sun, +arrow quivers, etc. In this vein, I am curious about your thoughts on the viability of a pure-cold version of this build, giving us the ability to focus on cold pene for killing harder mobs instead of dealing rainbow damage.

https://pastebin.com/8hQFYTrZ

I've provided an example pastebin with strong- but not "GG" gear, IE placeholder 3 affix jewels, etc. (although the watchers eye could fund many builds for most people, it would only be a 14% dps loss to replace with an abyss jewel.)

Anyway, I'm not very experienced with theorycrafting with POB so I tried to utilize as much of what was already there while still trying to convert it to a primarily cold focused build. What do you think of this take on the build, and is it close enough to your build to be worth discussing within this thread, or should I go elsewhere to talk about it? At minimum, I drew inspiration heavily from your guide haha.
"
Varek wrote:
So, I have been inspired by this build, and very much want to create an ele-cyclone raider. However, due to my experience so far in abyss league, I have taken a slightly different approach. My main character so far is an ice shot/barrage archer complete with dying sun, +arrow quivers, etc. In this vein, I am curious about your thoughts on the viability of a pure-cold version of this build, giving us the ability to focus on cold pene for killing harder mobs instead of dealing rainbow damage.

https://pastebin.com/8hQFYTrZ

I've provided an example pastebin with strong- but not "GG" gear, IE placeholder 3 affix jewels, etc. (although the watchers eye could fund many builds for most people, it would only be a 14% dps loss to replace with an abyss jewel.)

Anyway, I'm not very experienced with theorycrafting with POB so I tried to utilize as much of what was already there while still trying to convert it to a primarily cold focused build. What do you think of this take on the build, and is it close enough to your build to be worth discussing within this thread, or should I go elsewhere to talk about it? At minimum, I drew inspiration heavily from your guide haha.

Close enough to this build that we can talk about it for sure. So here's the thing: maybe your idea initially was to focus on cold damage but the way I see it you're basically just building around that Watcher's Eye jewel. If you unequip it you'll see (if you didn't already test it) that Hatred doesn't really do much of anything when you're scaling flat ele, because you don't really have any phys damage to convert. So if you don't have that specific jewel there's no good reason to use Hatred and thus really no good reason to go pure cold either, because there's no flat damage aura for cold other than HoI.

That jewel is obviously insanely good and I think you're definitely onto something but I have to think about this a little bit. Maybe you should just scale phys and convert it if you want to use Hatred? I'm not sure what the optimal solution is here.

Do you specifically want to use Cyclone? An easy way to use that jewel would be to go Frost blades and take the Winter Spirit passive, that already takes you to 100% cold conversion. Then you could scale %phys, %ele and %cold while using flat phys gear.

Do you already have that jewel btw or are you theorycrafting around one you haven't acquired? Because the best one would be something that has two Hatred affixes, any of these would be good to build around:

The Wrath affixes are all pretty bad for this build, sadly.
Last edited by Euploid on Jan 9, 2018, 9:08:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info