PoE Hedge Fund - OFFICIAL NO-GO AS PER GGG

"
magicstop wrote:
Update: 6 investors have contributed, bringing the fund to 300c. I've got slots open for 4 more investors, so if you're one of the 8 people who were interested who I haven't heard from yet, hit me up ASAP.

Currently at work on Google doc for our transaction log.

This is where I feel like you are going to hit a snag. The clerical side. It's going to seem novel and cool for awhile but after you manually update this for weeks its probably going to get old, fast.
"
Destructodave wrote:
"
magicstop wrote:
Update: 6 investors have contributed, bringing the fund to 300c. I've got slots open for 4 more investors, so if you're one of the 8 people who were interested who I haven't heard from yet, hit me up ASAP.

Currently at work on Google doc for our transaction log.

This is where I feel like you are going to hit a snag. The clerical side. It's going to seem novel and cool for awhile but after you manually update this for weeks its probably going to get old, fast.

It's not so different from the trade journal I already keep for my IRL trades, in truth. In fact, I'll mostly be tracking deposits, withdrawals, and daily earnings. So not that much data to keep up with. I actually enjoy this part of the process, as it helps me wrap my head around growth and progress, as well as sorting out the best strategies from the stinkers that waste time. I bought a separate currency tab for the fund, and I've got close to 50 stash tabs (including quads), so allocating fund specific space will help keep things clear and separate.
Heya

Just a quick question but what league is this in?

Cheers
This is really cool. I’m excited :D
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
"
l33tsmurf wrote:
Heya

Just a quick question but what league is this in?

Cheers

Harbinger Softcore

"
Jerle wrote:
This is really cool. I’m excited :D

Me too!

7 investors in, 350c in fund. Waiting for 3 more investors. Still have 7 people I haven't heard back from.
Can I give you an ex as buy in? Also I don't log on much atm but would rather someone have fun with the money than it just sitting there. I can get my dividends whenever if we make anything :)
Shrug... It's not like you were going to do anything else with the money.

I agree though, this is probably something I could see myself being willing to invest in maybe 2-4 weeks into the league, but not at the start. Currency/items are way too hard to come by, and the initial drops usually go into selling immediately and the money is then spent to immediately re-invest back into your starting char.
Unfortunately, folks, I've got bad news as of this morning (EST). I finally heard back from GGG regarding the viability and "legality," as it were, of this venture.

Here's the response:

Spoiler

"Hey there,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this for you.

I am afraid this kind of 'investment' scheme that you have proposed is something that we would not consider appropriate for Path of Exile. This is not behaviour that we would condone or approve, due to the enormous risk of abuse - not necessarily by yourself, but by others who may attempt to advertise a similar service for the purpose of scamming unsuspecting players out of their currency and items. If it is allowable for you it would also need to be allowable to the rest of the playing population, which makes the potential for abuse enormous.

You are very welcome to trade and sell items as you see fit, but I am afraid that advertising or promoting a service such as you have proposed in-game or on the Path of Exile forums is not something that we would allow. We take a similar stance on in-game gambling due to the similar risk and potential for extreme abuse.

I apologise for the inconvenience, and please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Kind regards,
Sarah"

TL;DR: As per GGG, The investment fund is a no-go.

This is definitely disappointing, but I hold no grudge against GGG. I guess I always assumed in the background was that if I were to scam players or run afoul of them, GGG would enforce some rules and take corrective action. However, I now understand that they have no wish to serve as such a regulating body.

I've certainly put some time, effort, and money into this (bought a currency tab, no biggie), but I value my account and overall ability to play PoE far too much to toy around with workarounds, etc.

As such, I will no longer be accepting investments. I need to return deposits to the following people:
- Nioce_Applez (50c)
- Jerle (50c)
- GreenSubliminal (50c)
- TM10067 (50c)
- scarar99 (50c)
- quicksixteen (50c)
- Ryder911 (50c)
Additionally, I will be gifting each of you 25c for the inconvenience. I'm sorry this didn't work out. I really wanted it to, and I was quite excited about it.
I'll be on as usual, and all of you have been added to my friends list, so just reach out when we're on and I'll get you your currency back. Thanks for being willing to take a chance on a stranger. I really appreciate each of you for your support!

If you folks have any follow up questions or concerns, as always, please let me know. I'm still around and will be playing out the league. After all, there's still more trading to be done!

Cheers, folks.
Last edited by magicstop on Oct 26, 2017, 7:40:12 AM
Eh, pity, no vacation from trading...

Anyway, thanks for trying, there's no inconvenience for me.
GreenSubliminal repaid 50c + 25c on 10/26/2017 at 11:56am (EST)
Last edited by magicstop on Oct 26, 2017, 12:00:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info