PoE Hedge Fund - OFFICIAL NO-GO AS PER GGG

"
magicstop wrote:
"
Destructodave wrote:
Roll another account and restart it on reddit. Problem solved. I mean really with the amount of shit that goes on in this game's economy you think they are going to notice a couple guys trading 50c to each other? Half the currency traders I trade with are straight up bots..

I just can't :\ I can't do that in good faith when dealing with other people's money. Believe, part of me wants to. Part of me wants to let this thread die a quick death and then to silently revisit this pursuit later.

But I'm not going to. Risking my own money is one thing. Risking other people's is another.

It's OK, though. It's not like I can't continue to trade for my own benefit. As I said in the beginning, I don't need the money. I'm not losing out on my only option, here. Just losing out on a cool opportunity to do something I'm good at for other people.

Dave's right though, they got zero control on the economy. They're absolutely clueless about it. We're just getting some PR bullshit "wev'e banned some accounts today!" from time to time.

Also my first thought reading the title of your thread was: "Fabulous! A ponzi scheme! I wanna see it happen!" (lol)

Edit: More crap grammar :3
Last edited by Mischief67 on Oct 26, 2017, 6:49:46 PM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
How in all the fucks did you get good at this with morals like that?

You are an abomination.

LOL

I don't trade other people's money IRL, just my own. And having lost money and been stolen from... well, it sucks. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

"
Mischief67 wrote:
Also my first thought reading the title of your thread was: "Fabulous! A ponzi scheme! I wanna see it happen!" (lol)

Man, it would be really easy to go Ponzi on PoE. Endless new clients just waiting to feed the beast. But that's why I explicitly said "You can withdraw as much of your $$$ as you want, anytime you want." Well, other than the initial 2-week trial period. If someone doesn't offer you that flexibility, run for the hills.

Last edited by magicstop on Oct 26, 2017, 7:05:46 PM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
How in all the fucks did you get good at this with morals like that?

You are an abomination.

Are you arguing that morals are a prerequisite to manage a (preferably diversified) set of investments?

Edit: Doubt fake china boy was talking to you Magicstop.
Last edited by Mischief67 on Oct 26, 2017, 7:11:23 PM
Wait what the fuck this got shut down?

I thought some dude did this on a larger scale a while ago. Sharjir? Shajir? Something like that name.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Troubling stance by GGG. That they'd support and encourage something pseudo-crooked like XYZ and say no to this, screams double standard.
It's ridiculous. Complete and total BS. :)
just a heads up to my investors: I'm out of town this weekend. I won't be able to return funds again until Sunday night (EST).
The way their response reads indicates that they are only opposed to the idea of you "advertising or promoting" this service, rather than the act of actually doing it. As others here have surmised, they are probably more concerned about having their forums/chat flooded with ads for gambling/investing than they are about a non-advertised, private group of people pooling currency together. And quite frankly, this sort of thing isn't that far off from a guild or racing group having a "dedicated trader". It's basically the same thing without the "hedge fund" label, and GGG has never had a problem with it.
Magicstop, I was not directly implying malicious intent and the argument was not ad hominem, I was only asking the RIGHT questions. You claimed to have a strategy and depth to your offerings. Everything I found told me otherwise. Again, don't fault me for having a brain and not taking everything at face value like a naive idiot, sorry I actually have real life experience working with peoples money..

As far as your guild goes. This is my personal experience, don't try to discount that. You either:
A. Clearly don't know the history of the guild you are in
or
B. Are playing dumb

(Hint Hint, the biggest trading meme in PoE history comes straight from your guild)

"
magicstop wrote:
I've been exceedingly open and friendly about this process

This has no bearing on anything. “I’m a nice guy, trust me because I say so"

Due diligence is necessary and I NEVER insulted you or “called you names”. You literally just made that up man. Again, just because I was the only person in this thread who actually found the need to ask the right questions doesn't automatically equate to me "insulting" you.

You should know (not insulting disclaimer) that you handled what I said in a way that does not warrant trust. Misdirection, projection, belittling concerns. God forbid the guy who says he can trade up to a small fortune and wants to people to invest in his strategy is a member of DG and has nothing of worth on his PoE account for sale but has flipping strategies and methods for profit not involving currency, but again sells nothing on his account "right now".

Guess I shouldn't point that out though right, how dare I?

"The cautious seldom err"
Prophecy @ WizKid - 94 BV Pathfinder
Prophecy @ SmackDown - 93 TS Assassin
Essence @ Wallbang - 93 Crit Lacerate Elementalist
Breach @ GodoftheBreach - 94 BF Inquisitor
Legacy @ BradPitt - 92 LL Ele Wander Inquisitor
"
Meridin wrote:
The way their response reads indicates that they are only opposed to the idea of you "advertising or promoting" this service, rather than the act of actually doing it. As others here have surmised, they are probably more concerned about having their forums/chat flooded with ads for gambling/investing than they are about a non-advertised, private group of people pooling currency together. And quite frankly, this sort of thing isn't that far off from a guild or racing group having a "dedicated trader". It's basically the same thing without the "hedge fund" label, and GGG has never had a problem with it.

This is an interesting point. Not sure I want to push it too hard, but that's something to think about.

"
joebagz wrote:
Blah blah blah

Seriously, you're still here? You realize this thing died and I'm giving the investors back their money PLUS additional money out of my own pocket?
Also I have no fucking idea what you are referring to with DG, though I'm beginning to care less and less. Speak up or hush up.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info