PoE Hedge Fund - OFFICIAL NO-GO AS PER GGG

If there is another spot open count me in please ;)
"
tm10067 wrote:
Can I make a humble investment of say 3 ex? My curiosity wins over me.

Although I would appreciate if you tell me how you would do it timewise. Offline trading is impossible and online trading is quite boring, even if a bit addictive. And I do not mention here dealing with 10+ shareholders on a weekly basis.

I've added you to the initial investor list, although your humble investment will likely be capped at something much humbler (50c). Initially, I want to take this trial run carefully and conservatively. As I'm able to demonstrate profitability, I'll raise investment caps and the overall number of investors. My primary goal is to achieve consistent profitability for my investors.

Time wise, I tend to do most of my trading mid-day and then starting in the evening through late night. The day/night population and price differential can be lucrative. I usually trade while doing runs for profit and some for fun. So I get to play and have a good time, but I also trade trade trade. It doesn't get boring. Dealing with 10 investors won't be bad, because I'm trading this fund as a whole, not as 10 separate accounts. Also, active trading and management of communication, shared docs, etc., will be engaging and shouldn't be boring at all.
Different strokes for different folks, eh?

"
Jerie wrote:
You can add me in.

Added!

"

If there is another spot open count me in please ;)

Added!
Last edited by magicstop on Oct 19, 2017, 9:47:42 PM
I'm happy to send you my currency to trade, if you can figure out a way to market this so a regular player like myself can see your ad, then you'd be golden.

Making passive income while I play the game is a win/win for me. If i'm sending you currency I was not planning to spend and have sit in my inventory, I'd be happy to have you trade it.

Having spend an entire season trading just to see how rich a person can get, I know that you can literally sit in your hideout and basically make a currency bulk trade on poe.trade for every currency pair and literally just get rich from having people converting currency and using you as a middle man. Like filthy rich, the only catch is you have to be available to make the trades. That means no maps, no ROTAs, and such. Taking a 20% fee is more than reasonable FMPOV presuming you know what you're doing (I mean, it's not rocket science, I figured it out in 1 season).

The only problem is doing it without obscurely violating GGG's user terms. If you can do that, then you're golden.

But if you can't, feel free to PM me, I'll be happy to throw you some currency for liquidity next season. Real talk.
"
ironstove wrote:
I'm happy to send you my currency to trade, if you can figure out a way to market this so a regular player like myself can see your ad, then you'd be golden.

Making passive income while I play the game is a win/win for me. If i'm sending you currency I was not planning to spend and have sit in my inventory, I'd be happy to have you trade it.

Having spend an entire season trading just to see how rich a person can get, I know that you can literally sit in your hideout and basically make a currency bulk trade on poe.trade for every currency pair and literally just get rich from having people converting currency and using you as a middle man. Like filthy rich, the only catch is you have to be available to make the trades. That means no maps, no ROTAs, and such. Taking a 20% fee is more than reasonable FMPOV presuming you know what you're doing (I mean, it's not rocket science, I figured it out in 1 season).

The only problem is doing it without obscurely violating GGG's user terms. If you can do that, then you're golden.

But if you can't, feel free to PM me, I'll be happy to throw you some currency for liquidity next season. Real talk.

Word. Much appreciated. As far as I've been able to tell, there are no conflicts here with the ToS. It's all in-game and on the up-and-up, though I've yet to straight up ask GGG (that may be my next step). As for advertising the fund, I'm prepared to do that down the road. I first want to figure out how much capital I can support. Based on that, I will create some advertising.

I've got you down as an interested investor. I will be in touch in the near future.
I don't know if this has already been mentioned but the inflation in PoE is insane within the first weeks of a League.

These items. I bought them for 40c each within the first few days (obviously not 6-linked). What is the price for such an item now?

I would rather spend 200C within the first few days of a league than 1000C in week 5.

Oh well. I hope your experiment comes to fruition =) GL! :)
Just wanted to post an update:

The invites for the first round of initial investors just went out via forum PM. If you expressed interest, check your messages. If you expressed interest and didn't get an invite, please send me a message or post here.

One investor has already made their initial deposit. Looking forward to hearing from the rest of you. I'm pretty excited about this. I've spent all evening trading and doing pretty well. I've got a good system for letting you check the fund's account balance anytime you want. I'll tell it how you works when we talk.

Upcoming: a forum post specifically for the fund, advertising it and keeping updates and stuff fresh; Google docs for tracking fund; + more!
So your "trading strategy" is you just flip currency all day like a sweatshop slave? You have 10 items for sale listed for over 10c and they are mostly junk.

http://poe.trade/search/azahunataabori

???

You might want to open up if you want people who actually know their ass from their eyeball to give you any funds or have any trust in you. Just saying man, not to be negative here but in my honest experience a few members of your guild are extremely unsavory characters, especially in regards to trading. You might want to start by being honest with people who you are trying to do business with.

Are you
price fixing on dummy accounts?
using alts to snipe items?
flowing trades through another account?
co-mingling with a guild member?

Because you are clearly not doing anything you say you are in this thread on your account, which makes this whole thing seem extremely shady. Not saying you are being malicious (I hope not with the effort you put in here to gain a lousy 500c) but you need to be more transparent.
Prophecy @ WizKid - 94 BV Pathfinder
Prophecy @ SmackDown - 93 TS Assassin
Essence @ Wallbang - 93 Crit Lacerate Elementalist
Breach @ GodoftheBreach - 94 BF Inquisitor
Legacy @ BradPitt - 92 LL Ele Wander Inquisitor
"
joebagz wrote:
So your "trading strategy" is you just flip currency all day like a sweatshop slave? You have 10 items for sale listed for over 10c and they are mostly junk.

http://poe.trade/search/azahunataabori

???

You might want to open up if you want people who actually know their ass from their eyeball to give you any funds or have any trust in you. Just saying man, not to be negative here but in my honest experience a few members of your guild are extremely unsavory characters, especially in regards to trading. You might want to start by being honest with people who you are trying to do business with.

Are you
price fixing on dummy accounts?
using alts to snipe items?
flowing trades through another account?
co-mingling with a guild member?

Because you are clearly not doing anything you say you are in this thread on your account, which makes this whole thing seem extremely shady. Not saying you are being malicious (I hope not with the effort you put in here to gain a lousy 500c) but you need to be more transparent.

Nice try, mate. I've been exceedingly open and friendly about this process. Your hostility is entirely unwarranted.

The items you see are random rares that I've found while grinding whose value I don't know (or the occasional corrupted unique). I put them up for a random price that feels right on poe.trade because otherwise they're just vendor trash. They have nothing to do w/ my investment strategy. I simply am too lazy to worry about sorting them out because they aren't how I make my money.

I'm not currently investing much, as I'm waiting for the rest of the investors to contribute to the fund. I've already got 2 investors who have contributed. Thus you don't see much.

I do flip currency as part of my strategy. A simple poe.trade search reveals that. You'll find me at the top of the search results on poe.trade for several of the most profitable currency pairs (Grynwyl). I also flip items, although often quickly and not by listing and leaving on poe.trade. That's slow and inconsistent. I look for shorter opportunities.

As for my other methods, I'm not particularly interested in sharing in detail. I've mentioned most of the methods in passing on this thread. Generally, I use regular price differentials, certain profitable runs, flipping, etc. I'm not interested in teaching anyone how to make money, however. I'm interested in trading and making them money. I'm certainly not going to detail my process to you just because you made some baseless accusations, lol.

I don't use any of the methods you've mentioned on your list. I don't know what several of them are, frankly. Alt sniping? The fuck is that? Maybe I should be using them. Dunno But what I do know is that what I do works. That's why I stick with it.

But for you to make a baseless claim and call me a liar about my methods is bullshit. You're just calling me names, essentially. I don't appreciate it. You can have doubts or questions, and you are certainly welcome to ask them, but attacking me like this won't get you anywhere.

And whether or not my activities constitute "sweat shop labor" is beside the point. I'm the one choosing to do it. And I bet you don't say the same thing about day traders, hedge fund managers, etc. There are billions of dollars traded on FOREX everyday that result from flipping "currency all day like a sweatshop slave." Welcome to trading. I don't really care whether you like it or not. You make your money like you want to, I'll make mine like I want to.

Finally, I'm not sure what you've got against DG. Sure you've got the right guild? Deadly Gaming. I'm not particularly active in it as a guild, only joined the PoE division recently. I also haven't had any bad interactions with anyone. They aren't even active right now. If you've got a problem, I know the head of DG personally (Brklyn) and he is a stand up guy. I've played Rust with him for years. If you've got problems that you've had with specific members, please contact him or contact me and I will pass it on. He takes the quality and character of DG very seriously. It's got hundreds of members spanning multiple games. There are multiple tournament teams who compete at high levels. Brklyn won't stand for bullshit.

Finally, I don't appreciate you insinuating I haven't been anything but honest with the people I'm trying to do business with. I have been nothing but honest, and your slander only serves to irritate me and reflect the shadow of sketch on you. Why are you instigating by name calling? Why are you making baseless accusations? What makes you feel like you can do a quick item search on poe.trade and all of the sudden you think you know anything about me or what I do? You're ignorant, mate, and it's not my job to educate you.

I've been plenty transparent. I will address specific concerns as they come up. But simply attacking me ad hominem by calling me shady and claiming that I'm lying doesn't work.

Also, as an update, I've gotten the 3rd investment in. Investors, add me and PM me in game when you get a chance.

IGN: Grynwyl

I've figured out a pretty clever/novel way for you to check the account balance (including all currencies). I won't share it publicly, but I'll let you know when we talk in game.

If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know. I'm holding off on trading the investments as they come in until they are all in. I don't want to start out staggered with different amounts to track for everyone. I want this trial to be pretty simple and straightforward.

Also, I contacted GGG last night to make sure that this doesn't break the ToS. "Tom" responded by saying that he was passing it on to "senior team member" which makes me think that they haven't really been asked about this kind of thing before. I'm not anticipating any trouble, but I'll keep everyone posted.

Also, investors, potential investors, and PoE community members as a whole, please continue to contribute ideas about things you'd like to see, things you think need to be addressed, problems, concerns, or feedback of any sort. I want to make this fund a very user friendly venture, and I'm relying on your feedback to shape it.

That said, I won't tolerate bullshit name calling like joebagz did. If you have concerns, feel free to address them. But do so specifically and without jumping to conclusions or name calling. I'm more than happy to address anything that may come up.

Cheers!
Last edited by magicstop on Oct 24, 2017, 8:53:27 PM
Update: 6 investors have contributed, bringing the fund to 300c. I've got slots open for 4 more investors, so if you're one of the 8 people who were interested who I haven't heard from yet, hit me up ASAP.

Currently at work on Google doc for our transaction log.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info