PoE Hedge Fund - OFFICIAL NO-GO AS PER GGG

"
Kytten wrote:
Color me interested. I can see why there is such speculation. Maybe we can do a test? Get 10 people to invest 50c (myself included) and see what our investment gets us in 2 weeks? With a 500c starting point. That should be more than enough starting capital for you without being a threatening investment from us.

Should we set a goal? With there only being a month left or so of the league? 200% in 2 weeks. That should put to rest peoples fears of you losing interest if there was a tough goal to work to.

If you do well at the end of this league that would set you up for success at the begining of the next league. More investors / A good history.

Thanks for the interest, Kytten. I've got you down as being interested in becoming an initial investor.

Your idea is very much along the lines of what I was considering. I was thinking 10 investors @ 100c each, although I think 50c works equally well and may be more comfortable for the initial investors. Investments would be guaranteed (as much as I'm capable of doing with my word alone - we'll need to continue brainstorming ways to enforce contracts that inspire public confidence), and then we'll see how far that takes us. 200% in 2 weeks seems doable, so I'd be OK with that as a goal.

Initial investors would get priority with invites for the new fund in the new league. They would also act as a sort of "board of directors," i.e., I'd be looking for their feedback, critiques, etc., to ensure this is a quality venture for investors.

I'm also willing to match the initial investments with my own personal money. So if 10 people invest 500c total, for instance, then I am willing to match that with 500c of my own currency. I will not be an investor, but instead that money will be divided among investors, such that in essence they are contributing 100c rather than just 50c, and will thus profit accordingly. This is likely a one-time deal to say "Thank you" to those initial investors who are willing to take a risk on a stranger in setting up this fund.

I'm still thinking I will take 20% of the fund's growth as payment, and investors will receive 80% of growth. Growth would likely be assessed on a weekly basis and account values updated at such a time. All of these variables are subject to adjustment, however, which is something we could tweak during the test run and which the initial investors could help me decide and establish.

I'm definitely still interested in people's feedback, opinions, etc. Tell me why it will or won't work. Tell me what I need to think about. Give me suggestions, or tell me to get lost. Whatever. I just want the community's feedback.

Also, has anyone spotted anything that looks troubling in light of the ToS? I've not seen anything, but I'm not an expert on the matter...
im in too!
Bernie? Bernie Madoff? You silly old man, did they give you internet access in that cushy white-collar prison you are in?

Well, I wish you the best of luck!
"
im in too!

I've got you down. Thanks!

"
Slaanesh69 wrote:
Bernie? Bernie Madoff? You silly old man, did they give you internet access in that cushy white-collar prison you are in?

Well, I wish you the best of luck!

Well, my counselor said I should keep busy in here, so I'm doing my best.

Now listen, I've got a great deal for you . . .
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1405937

This was the fund I participated in, stand up guy. Sadly no longer active.

If you will be piloting this in standard I would be interested as I have not been really playing in harbinger.
"
AridZephyr wrote:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1405937

This was the fund I participated in, stand up guy. Sadly no longer active.

If you will be piloting this in standard I would be interested as I have not been really playing in harbinger.

I'll keep that in mind! I have no plans to start a fund in Standard right now, but as this project progresses in league, I may consider expanding. You'll be on my list :)

So if anyone else is interested, please let me know. I've got around half the initial investors I would need to get started. If you're interested in being part of the pilot/trial but you want more details, feel free to ask on here or in game. On here is good so that others can benefit from your question and my answer.

We're looking at 10 investors, each with a 50c investment, and a target of 200% growth within two weeks. The fund will run until end of league, although investors can withdraw their funds at any time (after the first two weeks). Deposits are guaranteed.
Concerning the prevalent sentiment that currency flipping (even though thats seems not to be your primary tool to make money) does not provide any benefit whatsoever I would like to point out that most of those currency dealers do essentially provide funding liquidity. That is, they make it easier to obtain funds, typically chaos orbs.
People here and on reddit find it unfair that you buy low / sell high but tend to forget that you are essentially always there if they are in need of some chaos to get what they want now and not after 2 hours of farming.

Overall, it seems to me that most of your strategies revolve around funding liquidity as well as market liquidity which I do appreciate. So count me in, I'd like to see where this goes.

Cheers
"
AdolfTrump wrote:
Concerning the prevalent sentiment that currency flipping (even though thats seems not to be your primary tool to make money) does not provide any benefit whatsoever I would like to point out that most of those currency dealers do essentially provide funding liquidity. That is, they make it easier to obtain funds, typically chaos orbs.
People here and on reddit find it unfair that you buy low / sell high but tend to forget that you are essentially always there if they are in need of some chaos to get what they want now and not after 2 hours of farming.

Overall, it seems to me that most of your strategies revolve around funding liquidity as well as market liquidity which I do appreciate. So count me in, I'd like to see where this goes.

Cheers

I appreciate having potential investors with solid market analysis. You're on the list, Adolf. Cheers.

More generally, a minor update: I've had several more people reach out to me about joining the fund as initial investors. We are approaching 10, I'd like to remind people that these 10 initial investors will have first dibs on investment invites in all future leagues, they will have more sway and input into the operation of the fund than future investors, and their investments will be matched during this league (or next, depending on when we kick off). If you're interested, post here, PM me, or reach me in game. I have family in town for the rest of the week and weekend, so my in-game presence will be limited, but I'm around.
Can I make a humble investment of say 3 ex? My curiosity wins over me.

Although I would appreciate if you tell me how you would do it timewise. Offline trading is impossible and online trading is quite boring, even if a bit addictive. And I do not mention here dealing with 10+ shareholders on a weekly basis.
You can add me in.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info