When are we getting better trading tools?

As usual... these threads devolve into a dick measuring contest. Probably for the entertainment value.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"

Pointing out that you showed nothing that backs up your argument, other than some stuff pulled out of who knows where, is my contribution.

Back my argument? As I see it, more items one the market = lower prices is more of a fact than an argument.

Yes, but that's not all that you said. No one is really arguing that the prices won't go down to some degree, and that what's considered starter gear then, will be more powerful than it is now. But by how much, no one really knows. So, when you make claims that the supply of items will skyrocket, and that pretty much everything will be worthless, you are doing baseless speculation. You are exaggerating, and pulling stuff and numbers out of the air to make your arguments look more legitimate.

"
Phrazz wrote:
And we're almost already at that point where everything else than the really sought after items are worth ~0.

What are you talking about? There are a ton of valuable items. Especially during the first month of a new league, you know, the time when the vast majority of the playerbase plays the game. Yes, it's easy to get a decent starter set going, and i don't see anything wrong with that. But upgrading it into higher tiers gets expensive fast. If you think that it's too easy to get a decent starter set going, and you don't want it made even easier, then say that. Don't make stuff up about pretty much everything being close to worthless. That's a gross exaggeration.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
As usual... these threads devolve into a dick measuring contest. Probably for the entertainment value.

I'm still waiting for a response from you. The questions i asked you are reasonable and relevant to the discussion.
Firstly, why must we beg for something that should have been implemented years ago?

Secondly, I saw someone post that offline trading would be bad cause people who didnt trade then would cause of the reduced hassle. 1 in 100 he said actually trade and 99 dont bother with it cause its a hassle and to lessen the hassle you have to spend money. Did anyone think to take into account what else happens with these 99? 80 of them quit cause they cant have QoL to not have to go thru the hassle of 3rd party website and price macros and all the BS that comes with trading in this game. I have several friends who say the game is okay, but the trading is horrible and a turn off.

Lastly, I think GGG is missing a golden opportunity to make money here. Build the ingame trading, remove the 3rd party website and charge more for the stash tabs to sell it all or charge to have access to the trade broker however it would be designed. Folks that choose not to pay have to deal with chat trading.

I am sure there is a great many obstacles this presents to a developer. I also know that while you have a core community loyal to the cause of helping GGG generate revenue. Casual players prolly make up 75% of any games player base. The potential to make even more revenue is there. Do they wanna put in the work to make it happen?

I personally dont care what GGG does these days, they have proven they have no effin idea what balance is(es is pure proof of that) along side uniques that should have never been created ruining how the game was intended in the start by GGG to be played. This is why I dont understand the going against their model by adding a trading center could hurt anything, they already broke the game with uniques.

Keep on flaming though, we shall see in DEC just exactly where this game stands for a lot of people I am sure. Great work on 3.0 and the addition of the acts and stuff, but this game is far from polished yet. A great amount of balance work is needed imo and man do we need more end game content and it would be nice to make killing bosses worth it(only a handful of bosses are worth killing, aside from that you just run thru the map and exit, screw the boss)

I know there is prolly a crap ton of stuff I miss, prolly somethings I dont understand. I can only try to speak as general as I can as to what I see wrong. I can assure you that a great many other people dont bother to care enough about the game to even make post about whats wrong in their eyes. They just quit. They dont spend money in the end. They will compare the game to other ARPG's and while POE has the edge in many ways, trading is suppose to be easy for people with actual jobs who can only play a few hours a day.. not be logged in 20 hours a day like a streamer or a kid with no job.
Implement the trading portion of Mercury Trade into the game. (Fast chat response (with common replies); easy to see trading item & value; timer showing how long since offer was made/arrived; quick buttons for invite/enter hideout, trade, kick/leave. All in toast style popup box so you don't need chat open.)

Do something to make trading (person to person) work without leaving a map/lab, without using a 2nd account.

I'd like to see an automated system too, but understand why many don't. I wouldn't mind seeing a way to offload large amounts of not quite junk items for slightly more then from a vendor... (Some way to sell everything in a tab... without making an actual store front.)

I'd also like a way to turn off all my sales/public tabs with one button/option so I can 'suspend' trading, especially annoying when I want to play Standard (most of my sales tabs are Harb).
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

This is clearly a dick waving contest, not a dick measuring one. Come on Shags, gotta know your dick contests better. ;-)
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Over all suggestions i saw all those years around trading including the one i made myself i think the main issue will remain forever that not all players has access to the same tools from the begin wich is creating an huge balance issue between players, and impact badly their appreciation of trading or the way they are experiencing it.

All players should be on the same basis when trading. No more private tools possible, all existing tools listed and verified by GGG on a public and official list. With a clear disclaimer explaining they are not responsible of any damages that could be potentialy caused by those ones.
( Would it be possible to add a public repository with all official tools and their builds ? )

And more than all include this list in the fresh and beautiful tutorial available ingame.

From that point it will possible to get accurate feedbacks on trading because it's basis will be sane, it's foundation will be sane, wich is clearly not the case at this moment.
This is not a suggestion at this point, it's common sense, how GGG could do anything to improve trading while user 1 and user 2 don't trade with / don't use / don't know about the same tools at all ?

From that it will be clearly easier to see how to fix issues and analyse eventual struggles / avoiding new ones on the GGG's side.
Hope it will be considered for at least one second by GGG, coming back to a stable basis is sometimes the best way to move forward.

For those who don't understand my point, experience between player and trading may varie a lot here are some example:

Player 1 is using poe.trade + trade macro
Player 2 started the game and use trade chat he has no idea about those tools
Player 3 is using poeapp + some fancy tools that i don't remember the name ( java UI )
Player 4 is using a private tool more powerful than any other indexers ( wich does exist 100% certain of that )
Player 5 is using tool 1 2 3 4 5

See the thing ? From player 1 to 4 they are all trading in different ways, their feedback on trading will be different of course.

The goal is to obtain a new start point by doing that, then changes will eventualy be needed ( and eventualy limiting / removing some of what API has to offer for these tools ). This is about visibility, something GGG seems to miss a lot ( not bashing i know it's hard and risky ) when it come to trading changes, and simply doing a good analysis.
Hf :)
Last edited by Heli0nix on Oct 11, 2017, 8:04:07 PM
"
Heli0nix wrote:
Over all suggestions i saw all those years around trading including the one i made myself i think the main issue will remain forever that not all players has access to same same tools from the begin wich is creating an huge balance issue between players, and impact badly their appreciation of trading or the way they are experiencing it.

And the kicker to that? GGG's policy on macros (no more than one command at a time) is defended by the fact that it would be unfair to other players since not everyone has the ability (ie: knowledge/time) to make macros. Yet in trading if you write your own code and use GGG's Public Stash API, you could essentially refresh listings whenever you choose to do so (instead of waiting for poe.trade's every so many minutes for a refresh).

Hypocrisy?
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
"
Heli0nix wrote:
Over all suggestions i saw all those years around trading including the one i made myself i think the main issue will remain forever that not all players has access to same same tools from the begin wich is creating an huge balance issue between players, and impact badly their appreciation of trading or the way they are experiencing it.

And the kicker to that? GGG's policy on macros (no more than one command at a time) is defended by the fact that it would be unfair to other players since not everyone has the ability (ie: knowledge/time) to make macros. Yet in trading if you write your own code and use GGG's Public Stash API, you could essentially refresh listings whenever you choose to do so (instead of waiting for poe.trade's every so many minutes for a refresh).

Hypocrisy?

It's a joke. They ban people for something as insignificant as potion macros; while allowing a system, that can be easily exploited for ridiculous in-game profit, to exist.
"
It's a joke. They ban people for something as insignificant as potion macros; while allowing a system, that can be easily exploited for ridiculous in-game profit, to exist.

If the exploit become available for everyones ( like i mentioned see above post ) it won't be an exploit anymore since all players will be able to use it.

My main concern by far, even before asking for improvements or anything else is mostly there are plenty of players exeperiencing trading in different ways because they have no idea (x) or (y) tool that give you a considerable advantage actualy exist.
I'm not offering a solution and don't consider that as a "better trading tool" like you are asking in your thread title, but at least it would temporary let GGG get a larger and more accurate sample of what players like / dislike with trading, and then doing some decision starting from a solid feedback basis.

I mean come on there are players level 80 that never heard about poe.trade ... I let you guess why.
Let's start to fix the issue from the begin.
Hf :)
Last edited by Heli0nix on Oct 11, 2017, 8:06:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info