When are we getting better trading tools?

Seriously, how shall I take someone serious who suggests using manual linking of items on the forums for trade?

@Miská: Is that how you do your trade? If not, why not?
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
@Miská

If not for the CONVENIENCE of those programs I can guarantee you I would no longer be playing this game. 100% I'm not the only one, no poll needed, I just read a lot you know. That is fact. I tried to list tabs of stuff manually without using acquisition. The pain, for me, was definitely not worth it but then I discovered acquisition and the world was right again.

I didn't actually know that the session id being used was the same one that you can find in the site settings within your normal web browser. Session id should change by, er, session and the way that GGG has implemented this is not recommended (though you know this right? -> https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Session_hijacking_attack). So, technically you are right but if I didn't know that GGG did it that way you can bet I'm not the only one. It's not like it's obvious.

Let me repeat again, without those tools (acquisition and poe.trade), I personally would never touch this game again. Again, I know I'm not the only one. XBOX users are finding out the hard way and if you can find me one sane person on the XBOX version, not working for GGG, who is ok with trade in it's current state on that platform I would be very surprised.

No way GGG takes away the public api for finding items unless they replace it with poe.trade made by GGG. 90-95% of the player base would up and leave. Sure I'm guestimating but be real here, I'm probably in the ballpark.

When you aren't too busy bashing op for no good reason, perhaps have a look at my suggestion and give some constructive criticism on that, eh? Feel free to use your opinions in your reply, that's what arguments are based on, well that, and facts if you happen to know of any.

"
Char1983 wrote:
Seriously, how shall I take someone serious who suggests using manual linking of items on the forums for trade?

:-)
"
Miská wrote:
"
X1Z1 wrote:

The trading system is such an embarrassment that they don't even advertise it in-game. And they won't ever advertise it, because it's a joke. Can you imagine?

Hey guys, to sell your items, you'd have to buy a tab from us, or download this sketchy 3rd party software that asks you for your account information. To buy items, you'd have to go to this 3rd party site, that's full of adds; make sure to turn your add-blocker on. To make the whole thing a little less annoying, you should also download this other 3rd party software that will keep all of the trade offers organized, notify you when new one come in, and help you reply to people. Use at your own risk. We don't ban for it now, but that might change in the future. Oh, and, if you want to price check your items in-game, you can download this 3rd party script. Enjoy.

This quote is exactly the reason nobody takes your posts seriously. Not only is it horribly inaccurate. You are flat out lying about trade to make it look worse. Do you really think GGG is gonna look at this childish attempt and give you even a second of their time?

This post was 100% on the money. If you do not see that, than that is great for you, but the 99% of the rest of trading population does see it.
IGN:Axe_Crazy
"
MasterAxe wrote:

This post was 100% on the money. If you do not see that, than that is great for you, but the 99% of the rest of trading population does see it.

No, it WAS childish AND inaccurate. Inaccurate because GGG do advertise trade in form of trade chat. While you (and I) can agree on the fact that trade chat is a bad form of trading, they do advertise it in the help function. And the childish part? It speaks for itself.

-------

This game was never designed to "mass sell/buy" items. The need to be able to sell/buy everything - on the fly - comes from other games. Just because there IS an economy and trade IS possible, doesn't make it your birthright to be able to mass sell/buy everything instantly.

Will a lot of people quit if trade becomes more limited? Sure. Will a lot of people quit if they make an instant AH, which will be the center of all balance? Sure. Every huge decision GGG makes, will make people quit - because there's as many different players as there are players out there.

Even though this game is built around an economy, doesn't mean it's built around mass trade. There will NEVER be an "instant AH" in this game, GGG have made that pretty clear.

Do we need a better system? Yes. But an instant gratification-house (now I'm being childish) WILL be the center of all balance, and the game goes from "a game with trade" to "trade to play". And THAT is the end for me - and a lot of other players.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
@Miská, Phrazz

That post was in response to Heli0nix. He wants GGG to advertise all trading tools. I tried to show how bad and embarrassing that would look for GGG; that's why they won't do it. Pretty much the entire trading system is built and supported by the community.

3rd Party Trading Tools:
poe.trade, poeapp, poe.ninja
MercuryTrade, POE-Trades-Companion
POE-TradeMacro
Acquisition, Procurement

GGG:
trade chat - obsolete, irrelevant
forum trade - obsolete, irrelevant
public stash tabs - have to buy

I think that leaving something as vital as trading for 3rd parties to sort out is lazy and irresponsible on GGG's part. And to only advertise obsolete methods of trading is a disservice to your playerbase.
"
Char1983 wrote:

I did not suggest that. Nor do I desire it. I already stated before I will not play PoE without the convenience of Poe.trade.

What I did say was that I wouldn't be suprised they would take that step. Atleast to begin with.

So yes, I do use the tools the community gave me to play PoE. However I'm not delusional to think I can do better then GGG at finding a better solution then we currently have. Nor do I blame GGG for Poe.trade and all the usual scripts. If they wanted this game to trade by trade channel/forum then who are we to tell them otherwise?

And last of all. An AH will be the death of this game.
"
X1Z1 wrote:

I think that leaving something as vital as trading for 3rd parties to sort out is lazy and irresponsible on GGG's part.

I totally agree. Maybe not lazy, but irresponsible.

It's high time for GGG to "in-source" the trading mechanics in this game, and "close" the API. They need a mechanic of their own, that the player base can't abuse every inch of. But the "job" of said trading mechanic is to make the game as a whole better. Trading is best as a supplement to the rest of the game, and not the center of everything. And THAT'S where an automated AH fails; there's NO way to implement an automated, instant AH without it becoming the center of everything. And no, all the GGG quotes floating around about "how important the economy is" does not speak for an automated AH. Quite the opposite, I think.

GGG could've implemented said AH a million times, a million years ago. The fact that they haven't, isn't laziness, but a pretty clear indication that they do not want it. And the fact that they haven't implemented anything, is a pretty clear indication that they haven't found the right balance between the game and how trading can supplement it in the best way possible.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Oct 12, 2017, 9:00:43 PM
How about a compromise, they add an AH that is unlocked when killing the Shaper?
"
X1Z1 wrote:
@Miská, Phrazz

That post was in response to Heli0nix. He wants GGG to advertise all trading tools. I tried to show how bad and embarrassing that would look for GGG; that's why they won't do it. Pretty much the entire trading system is built and supported by the community.

3rd Party Trading Tools:
poe.trade, poeapp, poe.ninja
MercuryTrade, POE-Trades-Companion
POE-TradeMacro
Acquisition, Procurement

GGG:
trade chat - obsolete, irrelevant
forum trade - obsolete, irrelevant
public stash tabs - have to buy

I think that leaving something as vital as trading for 3rd parties to sort out is lazy and irresponsible on GGG's part. And to only advertise obsolete methods of trading is a disservice to your playerbase.

Well advertising all tools ingame was just a part of my idea it's going bit more far than that, for those who might be interested just read my previous post fully.
Hf :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info