When are we getting better trading tools?

Sure... why not. Worked the last 100 times I've explained this:

Right now, there's about 1 item in 100 being offered for trade because the other 99 items are on accounts belonging to people who don't want to bother trading them. It's not worth the hassle.

Remove the hassle and those 99 items are going to be put on the market... and in order to sell them, they have to either be the best available (hardly likely) or priced to sell.

Demand for these items is low... so prices drop to a point where they're valueless.

So, what we end up with is a game where you buy what ever item you need rather than deal with the problem of finding one. That's boring as fuck and the game dies.

Currently, you can still trade for what ever you want, but there's a cost associated with it in time and hassle. You want that cost removed. Understandable. But the second and third order effects of removing a cost need to be understood.
I see your point now. However, isn't it like that on Standard league already? Out of sheer curiosity, temporary leagues don't seem to have such a problem, at least not during the first month or even two, when they are "truly" alive.

But this only applies to items of low to medium cost. The high-end and rare stuff, even the prices of uniques like Atziri's Acuity or Headhunter, wouldn't be affected as much.

Moreover, the issue of not being able to find a desired item is even more frustrating and discouraging from playing the game rather than being able to gear up easily (well, at least I think so, I do not want to speak on behalf of others).
Last edited by Danielskiv on Oct 8, 2017, 12:42:28 PM
"
poeliceman wrote:
The best improvement: Eliminate Trade. Make drops worthwhile.

^
Originally Posted by battlebug on 12.02.2011:

can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.
Not going anywhere with all those posts, should just wait for the upcoming dev manifesto about trading ( wich i consider as an open discussion with GGG ), and focus on it.

Userbase is totaly split on trading part it has been like that for a while.

At some points i just did like to see some more worthwhile items, generaly trading for an item itself it's just accepting to step out of the game while i tend to prefer eventualy sticking to it, in immersion.

And if Chris still want player interactions, there are plenty of ways to improve it, trading should even be at the bottom of the list on this part, guilds, partying, different multiplayer aspects all of those are the one that drive player interactions in any games after all.

Another thing i'm bit worry about but it doesn't directly impact me, just the economy itself in general, is while GGG try to fight botting / RMT etc ... there are like xxxx more results on google for these piece of **** websites i even got advertise on my facebook after subscribing to the pathofexile page like, wtf is that ?

At this point i did be fine with trading removed than actualy encouraging more and more such practices.
Hf :)
The botting and rmt is way out of control at this point.
Has anyone got a crystal ball that will show us when hell will freeze over. Oh damn it... with global warming the average temps are slowly rising not falling so I guess it will be never happening. Too bad too as "player is AKF" or no response to a trade request is so bad for a top arpg game. The developers should be absolutely appalled and ashamed with the sorry/sucky state of trading in PoE. Yet they seem like they don't give a damn by their do nothing attitude about this. The core devs must be like the Grinch in that their heads don't appear to be screwed on just right or maybe their hearts are 2 sizes 2 small and don't care that most players hate trading (hence the healthy SSF player base).

Can anyone else give clear insight into why GGG does not come up with a better trade function. Just like the other thread I'm beginning to think that poe.trade should die to get GGG to fix this trade mess. The stock response of "we don't want trading to be too easy" doesn't cut it anymore. So GGG does nothing and allows trading to be too hard to do. Somewhere in the middle is the "just right" balance for trading and GGG is still silent on the whole matter.

Edit: I sure hope GGG is working and coding a new trade function but It's coming up on 4 years since PoE 1.0 (Oct. 23rd 2013) and still we still have nothing better so I'm not expecting anything from the devs any time soon, even though January 2018 is the next blue moon month so if a "once in a blue moon" change could happen they have < 3 months left to get a better trade system coded. I'll be shocked and happy when/if we get a new trade system but I'm not holding my breath for this.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Oct 8, 2017, 3:35:42 PM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Nope. Simplification would ruin the game. You can't automate trading or everyone starts selling stuff. Once everyone starts selling stuff, the price of it drops to next to nothing. Once the price drops to next to nothing, the game becomes stale since anyone can afford what ever they might need. A game without needs is a short lived game.

You want automated trading... many do. But they don't see the second and third order effects that an auction house would introduce.

Eliminating trade would make one group happy at the expense of the other... not an option either.

Watch your tongue.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Arrowneous wrote:

Can anyone else give clear insight into why GGG does not come up with a better trade function.

Even though shitposts like that, without a centimeter of empathy, don't deserve an answer, I'll bite. Reasons?

1) Bigger priorities. While trade improvement is needed, so are a lot of other things

2) They DO NOT want instant trading, because it will make the in-game progression dull, and make the "AH" (or whatever) the center of all balance.

3) They shot themselves in the foot by making the API public. They made "traders" design the mechanics, and not "game developers". Furthermore, a new trading mechanic will most likely force them to remove the public API, forcing the new trading mechanic to "live up to" PoE trade, something GGG may not want. And then there's the whole thing with premium stash tabs. If they remove public API, while forcing players to buy premium tabs, this game will become P2W. If they don't, it will raise havoc among players that bought these tabs just for trading.

4) I'll bet you 239782643 dollars that the new trading mechanics will be more limited than PoE trade. A lot of people will NOT be OK with this.

I could go on. I could even name 5-6 other areas of improvement I view as more important than trading mechanics. Trading isn't everything in this game. But with the wrong kind of trading mechanics, it may be (*shrug*)
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
The only real reason is that half of online population is trading "bots". If they make offline trading tools online pop will drop considerably and obviously they can't make it happen.
Added this to OP:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info